DX11 Public Beta Now Available

Nolan

Jan 19, 2014
anyone able to play at 4k resolutions using nvidia DSR?

Always starts windowed and at what looks like 1080 when i alt+ent it.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Thank you farsight and especially Mike for pushing this!

Overall light shows are amazing and now finally it looks like a real pinball on the PC.

The greatest thing of all is that "The Pink" is finally gone!!! Look at that nice white ivory guns in carcass canyon! Wet Willie's beard is no pink cotton candy any more. No more pink rabbits in TOM. Thanks for that from all the color sensitive people around here.

For my personal taste some lights on some tables could be more intense with a bit more bloom (like on fun house, but maybe not as much). But I guess that can be fine tuned with sweetfx. I am already exited what sweetfx users come up with.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
For my personal taste some lights on some tables could be more intense with a bit more bloom (like on fun house, but maybe not as much). But I guess that can be fine tuned with sweetfx. I am already exited what sweetfx users come up with.

Agreed that this is a massive improvement. I posted some observations in the bug thread which included a suggestion of an additional slider to control the intensity of the table lights (with setting saved per table like the new slider). Hopefully this would allow everyone to tune the tables to their liking, without too much work needed from the FS team.

Pinball! Woman is on business trip
Lol

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Mike might also be considering looking at adding a few more sliders......

Table light intensity
Strobe intensity
Flasher intensity

this might be a ways of yet and might not even be feasible but will allow for fine tuning in setting up a table as you like.

Also I do fell that the 0% darkness settings still needs to be slightly dark still once the illumination from the table lights bug have been ironed out

AshleyAshes

Jun 27, 2012
On the one hand, DX11 really does improve the entire atmosphere of the game for the better. On the other hand, wow, this -really- needed an open beta.

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
On the one hand, DX11 really does improve the entire atmosphere of the game for the better. On the other hand, wow, this -really- needed an open beta.

It's not like it was going to get pushed out right now if there wasn't an open beta, so I don't really see that.

AshleyAshes

Jun 27, 2012
It's not like it was going to get pushed out right now if there wasn't an open beta, so I don't really see that.

What I meant was that the game really needed more testing and from the wider range of angles that a bigger beta testing group could provide. :p

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
What I meant was that the game really needed more testing and from the wider range of angles that a bigger beta testing group could provide. :p

Fair, but we were already told there were still a bunch of bugs left to fix before the beta went active. Most of the ones reported were probably already known from the closed beta group.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
i have all tables on XBOX 1 and PS4,STONE THE BLOODY CROWS THIS LOOKS A SMIGGEN BETTER !!!one slight problem the ball is playing in slow motion.works fine on the normal pc ,but as soon as i use the dx11 it goes slow.using the default settings.otherwise looks BLOODY FANTASTIC !!! :cool:

Fafaflunkie

Dec 21, 2013
Drroooool....

90% done... 92%... 93%... 96...97...98...99...99...100! Thank someone for 100Mbit/s d/l rates.

Now time to play!

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
Just had to post that I'm super impressed for sure, this Pinball Arcade ver 2.0 really was worth the wait. I know there are issues still to iron out but I felt the need to thank Mike and Farsight for allowing us to help identify these issues via an open beta. Very much appreciated, the lighting is just awesome.

Personally, I see the ball well enough even when it goes through dark corners so maybe personalized monitor brightness settings is part of the issue for some users? I own a few real pins and if I have room lights turned off, the ball does seem dark so it's a very similar effect. Of course, extra option to brighten the ball isn't a bad idea too as we all have our personal preferences.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Even in rooms where no lights are on, you can still see the ball. Super reflective surface picks up even the tiniest pinprick of light from the table. Problem with digital is determining how far away the ball is actually supposed to pick up that light. I think an artificial highlight could be a good solution.

Conversely, if the ball passes over a lit insert, the light from it is reflected on the top of the ball! Usually not a terrible distraction, except where the insert is rather dim because the reflected light is actually brighter. Use the TAF Thing ball and see for yourself. I've hovered the ball in place over some of these and it is odd. I showed this to Mike in the private beta. So there is still room for improvement in regards to how light plays off the ball.

mewzard

Apr 18, 2015
With the speed up and slow down issues...do you guys think they might be a related problem? Two opposite sides of the spectrum in regards to the same issue? *just trying to figure out how to get past the lag issue*

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
With the speed up and slow down issues...do you guys think they might be a related problem? Two opposite sides of the spectrum in regards to the same issue? *just trying to figure out how to get past the lag issue*

The DX9 exe is always locked to 60fps because the game's physics engine is tied to that number. It seems the DX11 one hasn't been locked down yet, which will fix the speedup issues when that happens. The slowdowns are most likely either bugs or hardware that isn't fast enough to handle the new lighting. No real way to know.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.