Request Enable analog sticks in the menus

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
Returned to playing TPA on my PS4 last night after some time away from it. I was quickly reminded of an annoyance that simply baffles me - the analog sticks don't work in the menus, forcing you to use the d-pad to make menu selections. This is contrary to what pretty much every other game does anymore.

So, yeah, please change this :)

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
I always use the d-pad for menus - feels far more responsive. But no reason not to add the other option in.

Michael DiFilippo

Mar 26, 2012
I always use the d-pad for menus - feels far more responsive. But no reason not to add the other option in.

The UI matters and really does impact overall user feedback. The tables look and play great but one could also complain in detail about how boring it is to see a single table in an empty room while they play compared to something like future pinball

What a perfect place to hang advertisement! I mean if done correctly this could be perfect place for tables not purchased.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
The UI matters and really does impact overall user feedback. The tables look and play great but one could also complain in detail about how boring it is to see a single table in an empty room while they play compared to something like future pinball

What a perfect place to hang advertisement! I mean if done correctly this could be perfect place for tables not purchased.

Not sure how that relates to what I said, but I agree. A set of themed "play areas" would be great. Imagine playing MM in a castle, or WH2O in a log cabin! It would enhance the atmosphere and theme of the table. There couldn't be a theme for every table due to licensing issues, but it would be cool to have a few to choose from. It's bland just now and kind of seems like it's in some dark and empty uninhabited pinball dimension.

Did anyone ever figure out what the "Coming Soon" written on the window with the pool table behind it was referring to? Was FS at some point working on a pool or snooker game?

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
I know that what's currently there is in keeping with the other older versions of TPA, but the UI generally looks very tatty compared to everything else I have played on the PS4. The low resolution backglasses on the table selection screen look terrible.

Not sure themed environments would do much for me personally, however making it feel more like an arcade, with games to either side would be great. I always liked the Williams Hall Of Fame environment.

Absolutely the UI should support the analogue sticks. It's quite jarring to go from using them everywhere else in the PS4's UI to then lose that continuity in TPA.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
- Add a volume slider
- Support multiple controllers when playing a game with multiple players
- Make the specular highlight on the ball actually bright so the ball doesn't get lost in dark areas of the playfield
- Fix the bug preventing Pro Mode ROM settings from saving ^_^

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Also, allow to use D-Pad for enterring High-Score. Using L-R triggers is annoying to do so.

That might be more difficult than you think. The ROM emulation is looking for input from the flipper buttons. They would have to write some code that would make the directional pad send trigger button signals to the flipper buttons but only during high score entry.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts