Request Enable "Immersive Mode" in TPA

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I have been playing a game called Collosatron by Halfbrick Studios.

They have implemented Immersive Mode in the game, which hides the software navigation controls and the notification pane.

I have to say, it really makes a difference to gameplay because you have the extra real-estate at the bottom and don't accidentally hit the keys while playing.

When you want to reveal the navigation keys, you swipe up from the bottom of the screen and the navigation controls appear.

If this was implemented in TPA, folks wouldn't need to use any of the "control hiding" apps on the market so they don't accidentally trigger the keys while playing TPA on their devices.

Ryan, please investigate coding this feature into the app, if backwards compatibility is not broken by doing so.

Indy99

May 24, 2013
Count me in as someone who would love to see this feature! I know a lot of people aren't on 4.4 yet, but they will get there. I would love the extra screen realestate.

Pinb0t

Dec 9, 2013
Good feature request!

For now on Android 4.3 I use full!screen application and configure it so that the two buttons are displayed at the top left and top right of the touch display,

both of them only 20pixels wide. This way they don't interfere in the Pinball Arcade and even not with the pause or camera buttons.

As a side remark, the need for full screen tweaks in 2014 proves how backward the Android interface really is.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.