Ever wondered why they never made *this* pinball???

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
I wonder if they never made a Harry Potter table because every single mode would have been a wizard mode... :p

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
I remember back in 1993 there was talks about a Beavis & Butt-head pin. B&B were pretty new that year and their popularity was blowing up, it had gotten to the point where they had people bootlegging prizes on boardwalks everywhere (because actual B&B merchandise didn't exist yet). Then before they could get a pin made that damn little kid burned his house down and blamed it on being influenced by Beavis & Butt-head. Even though MTV won in court, MTV self banned all fire references from all the episodes, they pulled a bunch of them never to be aired again, and they changed it's time slot from afternoon and prime time to after 11pm. The media had painted an image so terrible that people were protesting to ban the show and causing a stir, needless to say the pin wasn't made.

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
Has there been a table based on a reality show yet? If not, I can certainly see Duck Dynasty being a possibility.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
The Crystal Maze.

For those not in the UK, this was a fantasy game show in the early 90s. An eccentric, Doctor Who-like host guided a team of contestants through four zones (Aztec, Industrial, Medieval, Sci-fi, Sunken Ship), which were huge sets, in order to get crystals (one crystal per won game). The more crystals they got, the more time they got in the "Crystal Dome" at the end to decide if they win. The games consisted of pretty much everything - logic, fitness, reflexes etc, but plently involved somehow navigating a crystal to an area where they could grab it, using chutes or mazes etc.

So in summary, great theme (a number of classic pinball themes rolled into one), great announcer (either of the show's two hosts throughout the series' run, they were both really entertaining and had great jokes), good opportunity for toys (the Crystal Dome), obvious rules/progression (activate "games" to win crystals, each crystal adds time in the final mode... hey, that sounds familiar), not to mention that a lot of the games in the show involved rolling a ball around!

Only reason there wasn't one is probably because it was UK-only. If there was a US version then Williams would have been on it like a shot.

Captain Chris

Jun 6, 2012
I think a table based on the band Rush would be awesome! :cool:

There could also be a table based on the movie Dumb and Dumber, which I guess could be kind of like Road Show traveling across the country and running into different situations, lol.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.