Farsight comes clean on issues with 360 platform

androidlove

Aug 23, 2012
Why would you put any faith in Nintendo? For all the issues with Microsoft, Nintendo is the role model for MS in how they treat third party license developers like Far Sight , they killed one game "the Binding of Isaac " based on it not meeting Nintendo's politics . (wholesome family image)
We're a very liberal family, and we don't block content in our house. We greatly prefer our Nintendo systems over our Xbox 360 Kinect because of the content.

Last edited:

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
I thought Zen and FX were pretty much the exact same game. At least that's what I've been told.
They have many of the same tables and the graphics are very similar. However, the physics engines are different each of them (FX<Zen<FX2<Zen 2), and each game has exclusive tables the other does not have. Also, the Marvel tables are kept separate on the PS3 version. Not sure why, but that's the way it is.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
I thought the general agreement was FX2 = Zen2 physic engines wise.

And Marvel and Zen1 got united in Zen2 like PFX2

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
I'm done with all of the Xbox PA drama now. If new tables come out, great. If it gets the greenlight from Steam-great! If not, I'll just start saving for a new system that allows me to play PA on a big screen I can see well and use a real controller. It could take me awhile to find a good system (and I'm well aware that no version of the game or game system is perfect) but I will support FarSight's Pinball Arcade.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Don't think mine would either. The graphics card would do it, but 2xathlon 1.7ghz processor's probably wouldn't do it.
Mike said they only use a single core, but he vaguely mentioned 2.4 being the min.
To be honest, I don't want to play this on my laptop. I wanted to play it on the nice comfy couch with the big screen lcd. I can't afford to buy a ps3, or wait for an ouya. If it can't be fixed on xbox (which I'm hoping it can and will) then I'm out personally.

I'm with you on the big screen part-I personally wouldn't mind having it on my laptop. Although given the specs, I think my 2.6 ghz desktop would handle it better than my 2 ghz laptop-even with the graphics card.

N

Nik Barbour

I'm with you on the big screen part-I personally wouldn't mind having it on my laptop. Although given the specs, I think my 2.6 ghz desktop would handle it better than my 2 ghz laptop-even with the graphics card.

Frustrating :mad:- I just keep hoping a news notification will ping up with "everything 360 is sorted" on it - but not yet.

I've still got nearly 3000 ms points I had lined up for TPA dlc, before the Crave news hit.

Oh well - until / if it happens, I'm quite enjoying 'Excalibur' in pbfx2!

Come on Farsight! Get it published and take my money!

xNiCeGuYx

Apr 16, 2012
Wonder if the xbox issues will be sorted out after the release of TZ. Xbox backers will be very disappointed if they have to wait much longer than others!

N

Nik Barbour

Wonder if the xbox issues will be sorted out after the release of TZ. Xbox backers will be very disappointed if they have to wait much longer than others!

I've asked for my kickstarter reward for xbox, but am not anticipating it anytime soon.

I think it's a case of you get it when all the current issues are sorted.
It cannot be before then.

aangel

Jul 7, 2012
I've asked for my kickstarter reward for xbox, but am not anticipating it anytime soon.

I think it's a case of you get it when all the current issues are sorted.
It cannot be before then.

That would be such a kick in the face if xbox backers have to wait longer than everybody else when TZ is released. Why is it taking so long for these issues with the 360 to be worked out? This is just really a big unnecessary mess created by ignorance.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
I'm sure they're in the process of doing just that and will announce it when a deal has been reached. Calm down, my man.

That's why I'm taking the "don't get mad-get another freakin' game system" approach. Hopefully I won't have to get another one just for PA. It was taking a very long time to get DLC even when FS did have a 360 publisher. We'll see what the next few months brings...............

aangel

Jul 7, 2012
What does it say about me that I totally recognize the Muttley reference here?

I totally recognize it too, and totally agree. It can get on your nerves waiting and waiting. Farsight won't give you clue of where they are in the process.

N

Nik Barbour

It's not just a matter of finding a publisher, there is paperwork, dealing with lawyers and other legalities that need to be dealt with to transfer publishing to another entity.

Any news on how it's going? - or is that just not a possibility?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.