Farsight comes clean on issues with 360 platform

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
I thought the general agreement was FX2 = Zen2 physic engines wise.

And Marvel and Zen1 got united in Zen2 like PFX2
You might be right, though a lot of people swear that Zen 2 has better physics. Good about the Marvel integration, though Marvel Pinball is still in the PS Store.

aangel

Jul 7, 2012
I'm not sure what I'm allowed to say. The last news I heard was better than a month or two ago.

The last news you heard was a month or two ago???? Just absolutely sad and discouraging, is it not? In this day and age to have scarce information like this is just unbelievable.

N

Nik Barbour

The last news you heard was a month or two ago???? Just absolutely sad and discouraging, is it not? In this day and age to have scarce information like this is just unbelievable.

I hope your misreading Mikes post.

I read it to mean, the last news he heard, was better than the news a month or two ago.

Suppose it could be the other way though.

I really hope your wrong - no offence man!

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
I hope your misreading Mikes post.

I read it to mean, the last news he heard, was better than the news a month or two ago.

Suppose it could be the other way though.

I really hope your wrong - no offence man!

Nik is right on what I meant.

The news I got last week, was better news then what we had a month or two ago.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012

Yippie skippy...?

Wonder who the new publisher is? If it ends up being Aksys Games, I have a few posters who I need to pown for doubting me. Or maybe Farsight themselves worked out a self publishing deal?

Blah, no speculation I have been wrong every time I start speculating. Please let us know as soon as you are legally able to do so. We Xbox fans definitely deserve to be kept in the loop as much as possible, we are quite the diehard lunatics.

I take it to mean that progress is being made, though they can't share anything more than that. Looks like I might not need to get the PS3 version just yet.

I scratched that off my list once I discovered the the input lag is still present (not to mention the appalling lighting in the new tables). I was hedging bets on the Wii U or PC versions but it's looking like we may not have to wait for those afterall.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Nice if you have the option or the money!

My options are wait or walk.
So it's wait for now - sacafrassin, mutter, grumble!

I don't have the money for a new system as of yet. But I'm saving. It'll also give me some time to see how other versions pan out. If it gets released on PC-I'm getting it without the need for a new system. If not, I'll see how the WiiU and PS3 versions pan out in the next few months. Loud and Clear on the waiting part though, Nik-certainly a pain!

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012

Ha! Reminds me of the old Saturday Night Live sketch about the retiring nuclear engineer whose parting advice is "you can't put too much water in a nuclear reactor." (What did he mean???)

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
MS doesn't allow self-publishing, even though there isn't any actual publishing going on. Why can't FS just create a publishing company on paper, register it, then use that company's name as their publisher? Some guy did a lot more than that with, what was it called, Immersion(?) All the company was composed of was a patent on the concept of vibrating controllers which they sat on, waiting for some mega-rich companies to come along using vibrating controllers. Now this on-paper-only company netted the "CEO" over half a billion dollars. If a guy can fill out a few documents and become well on his way to a billionaire without actually having a company to run, surely FS can use this to self-publish.

BTW, appalling lighting on PS3 tables? They look much better than 360 tables, and their BH is a lot more accurate.

Last edited:

aangel

Jul 7, 2012
MS doesn't allow self-publishing, even though there isn't any actual publishing going on. Why can't FS just create a publishing company on paper, register it, then use that company's name as their publisher? Some guy did a lot more than that with, what was it called, Immersion(?) All the company was composed of was a patent on the concept of vibrating controllers which they sat on, waiting for some mega-rich companies to come along using vibrating controllers. Now this on-paper-only company netted the "CEO" over half a billion dollars. If a guy can fill out a few documents and become well on his way to a billionaire without actually having a company to run, surely FS can use this to self-publish.

BTW, appalling lighting on PS3 tables? They look much better than 360 tables, and their BH is a lot more accurate.

I bet issues with Money/profits is the reason why this is time consuming.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Noticed someone of the FaceBook page mentioning Indie Games on XBLA. about Whats the likely hood of FS maybe release all unreleased DLC tables on XBLA under the Indie Games brand as a one off game to tie the XBOX users over until FS get a publisher?....which to be realistic will be a good month or so into 2013!!

diablomozart

Aug 13, 2012
well...the 360 is the only platform i own to play it on...so i'll just be patient...it'll get here when it gets here...and probably be a deluge of tables to try and get us caught up when the time comes...look at the bright side...the extra time may mean we skip a lot of the bugs that have been found on other platforms...d.m.

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
Well, yeah, a lot of bugs get fixed, and Microsoft finds a lot of bugs as well - that $40K fee does pay for a lot of testing... Probably why I find the 360 tables work quite nicely. I mean, the issues I see with some tables are practically indicative of someone who just put it up without testing.

Like the time when all the playfield lights of MM weren't working. Something anyone who ran the table would've seen in 10 seconds.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Well, yeah, a lot of bugs get fixed, and Microsoft finds a lot of bugs as well - that $40K fee does pay for a lot of testing... Probably why I find the 360 tables work quite nicely. I mean, the issues I see with some tables are practically indicative of someone who just put it up without testing.
MS is only concerned with bugs that crash the system, or make the game unresponsive or unplayable. Bugs of the sort people on here complain about are not a concern of theirs.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.