Farsight in the Process of Ordering Virtual Pinball Cabinet!!!!

karl

May 10, 2012
You are the man, Jeff. I thank thee. Beyond coolness. I will be drooling all day and then some :cool:

Now, can Roy or anyone else getting to test this wonder please comment on how it plays, pretty please :)

Great work, Farsight

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Do you think we'll see this at the launch of the PC version?, looks like they have it up and running already!??

I was going to seel my Pinball Cab....

dscf6031.jpg

But i guess ill keep it now, maybe i should swap out the DMD LCD monitor, for a proper PC DMD display and get an analog plunger kit!

Last edited:

Ark Malmeida

Apr 3, 2012
Looks incredible! Can't wait to get more detailed plans on its release from Farsight. Hope they plan for ledwiz/force feedback support.

Do you think we'll see this at the launch of the PC version?, looks like they have it up and running already!??

I was going to seel my Pinball Cab....

But i guess ill keep it now, maybe i should swap out the DMD LCD monitor, for a proper PC DMD display and get an analog plunger kit!

How do you like the light bar on top of the cabinet? I'm just starting the process of building one (using an old Space Invaders cabinet) and that's where I was thinking of putting a light bar rather than under the playfield like most people do.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
I got the d&d working with pin DMD. Also hooked up plunger kit and Shake nudge. Although ST:TNG doesn't really show off the plunger, it should work on other tables. This won't be ready for PC launch, I had to do some hacks to get one table working, since I didn't have much time to get it working. It was also a bit hard to setup without the cabinet here to test how it looked. That'll be changing really soon.

The guys at virtual pin and pinDMD were really helpful in getting this up so quickly.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
By the way, it looks like the PS4 version on the cabinet. I noticed the cannons are white instead of pink.

Yep, can definitely tell. DirectX 11?

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
My friend just checked out your new cabinet at the expo. Facetimed me form there. Looks real nice. Hoping to get the cabinet stuff released by Christmas. Hope that happens.

Talk of this being a separate purchase from the PC. If so, count me out of the PC, I only want cabinet. PC was just to get cabinet, if it doesn't support cabinets than there is no need for PC for me.

Ark Malmeida

Apr 3, 2012
I got the d&d working with pin DMD. Also hooked up plunger kit and Shake nudge. Although ST:TNG doesn't really show off the plunger, it should work on other tables. This won't be ready for PC launch, I had to do some hacks to get one table working, since I didn't have much time to get it working. It was also a bit hard to setup without the cabinet here to test how it looked. That'll be changing really soon.

The guys at virtual pin and pinDMD were really helpful in getting this up so quickly.

Looks really great Mike! Glad that you were able to find the time to get a table up and running in time for the expo. Would it be easy for you guys to support using a third screen as a DMD instead of a real DMD? Also any thoughts (even if it might be way down the road) about having configurable support for force feedback and toys (contacts, LEDs, knocker, shaker motor, etc.)?

Roo

Jul 5, 2013
Number one thing is that this is very early. They literally just got the cab and haven't even had it back to the office yet. Menus are still in landscape and all that. The camera seems too far forward - you can see a bit of the top of the flippers. I'm sure they'll get it straightened out. The guy I talked to said it was very rough - but he seemed excited. He did mention something about how they weren't sure if it would be a separate game for cabinet mode yet.

I can say that the real DMD looked awesome!

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
By the way, it looks like the PS4 version on the cabinet. I noticed the cannons are white instead of pink.

Yep, can definitely tell. DirectX 11?

Still DX9, just did some lighting tweeks.

Hello Mr. Reitmeyer,

can you say something about the PC release? First half of October is over, will it come this month for sure?

Thanks in advance.

Plan is this month, hopefully with the release of the next table pack.

Looks really great Mike! Glad that you were able to find the time to get a table up and running in time for the expo. Would it be easy for you guys to support using a third screen as a DMD instead of a real DMD? Also any thoughts (even if it might be way down the road) about having configurable support for force feedback and toys (contacts, LEDs, knocker, shaker motor, etc.)?

Not sure what all would be involved. Not ruling out the possibility of adding support of those.

Number one thing is that this is very early. They literally just got the cab and haven't even had it back to the office yet. Menus are still in landscape and all that. The camera seems too far forward - you can see a bit of the top of the flippers. I'm sure they'll get it straightened out. The guy I talked to said it was very rough - but he seemed excited. He did mention something about how they weren't sure if it would be a separate game for cabinet mode yet.

I can say that the real DMD looked awesome!

Not having it in the office made it hard to "guess" what it would look like.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Mike, you did a fantastic job for being halfway across the country and on such short notice. It looks very impressive.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts