Votes: 6 1.8%
  • Xenon™

Votes: 120 35.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
Xenon is popular for many reasons and a major contributor is probably the sexy voice of delectable Suzanne Ciani that entices you during the game. Nice documentary excerpt in the video here about Xenon and check out how she keeps playing with her hair during the interview.

http://www.sevwave.com/early_ciani/ciani_xenon.html

That's a nice look behind the curtain on this pin. Played the game lots of times.

BTW Didn't that narrator do cartoon voices? Sounds familiar.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
That's a nice look behind the curtain on this pin. Played the game lots of times.

BTW Didn't that narrator do cartoon voices? Sounds familiar.

The narrator is the actor Peter Ustinov who also appears at the beginning of the programme so he might have done some cartoons as well. I was quite surprised he presented these kind of shows considering he was a successful actor.

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
Perhaps the reason some games that should of been in the poll weren't because FS couldn't obtain them?? Just a thought.

jbejarano

Jul 6, 2012
Xenon is popular for many reasons and a major contributor is probably the sexy voice of delectable Suzanne Ciani that entices you during the game. Nice documentary excerpt in the video here about Xenon and check out how she keeps playing with her hair during the interview.
http://www.sevwave.com/early_ciani/ciani_xenon.html

Great video find, SilverBalls. I actually used to play tracks from Suzanne Ciani on the air on my college radio station. Never had any idea she was behind Xenon. That's really cool.

JJH516

Banned
Jun 4, 2014
Yes and, unfortunately, none of that will make a difference in the digital version. You can't look up at the BG. It isn't reflected off the PF glass. Gameplay is what really matters in TPA. Appreciating the art and "spectacle" of a game is not the same as the real deal.

Then why do people mention Art when talking about Centaur, Paragon, etc?

soundwave106

Nov 6, 2013
Great video find, SilverBalls. I actually used to play tracks from Suzanne Ciani on the air on my college radio station. Never had any idea she was behind Xenon. That's really cool.

From what I heard, before she made her 80s electronic instrumental music, Suzanne Ciani was a sound effects artist who synthesized various things for commercials (synthesizers being quite the novelty at the time, there's a clip of Ciani on David Letterman's short lived 1980 morning show where she pretty much confuses the audience and host). That's probably how she got with Bally and Xenon.

Eric Hall

Dec 26, 2014
I was thinking the same thing. If you can not get a copy of the real game how can you make a copy of it. I have a box of Pink Sprinkle Donuts that says every machine on the list is held in a warehouse and FarSight Studios has the key. You can not copy what you do not have.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
welcome to the fkrum i remeber such faith heh, fyi they are biugh on as a planned and/or aviable basis so no they dont own the pohf lol

N3roflint

Dec 26, 2014
which is not a problem, we already have some games in TPA that are average, simple, one shot game.......... And while I'd like to se xenon at some point but it's not really a table I'm longing for and there are others I'd like to see before it. And if xenon will take a slot for some real pre 1980 table than I'm not OK with it.

Xenon is a one shot snoozefest that will fit in well with all the other garbage tables that have been released this season. Xenon does not belong in this poll.

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014

Awesome find. Thanks for sharing. Happy to have Xenon in TPA. Played it many times. Not every table has to be deep to enjoy it.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
From what I heard, before she made her 80s electronic instrumental music, Suzanne Ciani was a sound effects artist who synthesized various things for commercials (synthesizers being quite the novelty at the time, there's a clip of Ciani on David Letterman's short lived 1980 morning show where she pretty much confuses the audience and host). That's probably how she got with Bally and Xenon.

That is correct - I believe she did some stuff for Atari and you don't get much cooler than that :cool:

JJH516

Banned
Jun 4, 2014
because artwork of the table is great and that is what you are looking at all the time.

Not according to this guy, whom I agree with by the way:

Gameplay is what really matters in TPA. Appreciating the art and "spectacle" of a game is not the same as the real deal.

Sure, the art and music can enhance certain tables for the better (or worse), but it all comes down to gameplay. I've played many, many tables during my years and Xenon truly isn't any worse than something like Paragon or Centaur. (More artwork than gameplay, in my opinion) In fact, Xenon is yet another top 100 table from Farsight. (Currently ranked #81)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts