• Xenon™

Votes: 120 35.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JJH516

Banned
Jun 4, 2014
I really don't understand the hate I'm seeing from some on this forum for Starship Troopers.

It's probably the same reasoning why they don't like people from Facebook. They just love to hear themselves talk.

Personally, nothing about ST excites me when I look at the pictures or videos, but I don't hate it and won't protest it. (I don't recall ever playing it, so I'm withholding judgement.) What I do know is that it's a decent movie license, our first sega licensed table, and it's one of those tables that came out of left field. I'm willing to give it a shot, and so should everyone else.

Last edited:

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
Personally, nothing about ST excites me when I look at the pictures or videos, but I don't hate it and won't protest it. (I don't recall ever playing it, so I'm withholding judgement.) What I do know is that it's a decent movie license, our first sega licensed table, and it's one of those tables that came out of left field. I'm willing to give it a shot, and so should everyone else.

Same thought here.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I played ST a few times back in 97/98 and all I recall was that it's a pretty hard table.

Back on topic, I'm sure I've said before, the only reason I voted Paragon is because it's the only table in the poll I've ever played. Pure nostalgia vote on my part. I was 7 or 8 years old and all pinball was brutally difficult back then, but I still gave it a go.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
I really don't understand the hate I'm seeing from some on this forum for Starship Troopers. Have you played it IRL? I love the machine and think it easily holds it's own with the best from Williams, Bally and Stern.

Yes. I have played the majority of Sega games IRL. They're sh!t artwork (with very few exceptions like Fanky), stock layout and repetitive sound bites make me want to throw up in your mouth. Just garbage. I know it's my opinion and there's those that want any DMD no matter what it is but, sorry, I'd rather take FarSight's sup par recreation of a 60's EM than any Sega table.

Oh, and BTW. I actually do like the Starship Troopers movie. Ultra violent Paul Verhoeven..for life!

Last edited:

JJH516

Banned
Jun 4, 2014
Yes. I have played the majority of Sega games IRL. They're sh!t artwork (with very few exceptions like Fanky), stock layout and repetitive sound bites make me want to throw up in your mouth. Just garbage. I know it's my opinion and there's those that want any DMD no matter what it is but, sorry, I'd rather take FarSight's sup par recreation of a 60's EM than any Sega table.

I don't get the "Give me DMD or give me Death" thought process, but I disagree on your last statement:

No EM table is worth inclusion over Sega's 007 Goldeneye, Twister, or Mary Shelley's Frankenstein. Those tables are fantastic.

Apr 8, 2012
I know it's my opinion and there's those that want any DMD no matter what it is but, sorry, I'd rather take FarSight's sup par recreation of a 60's EM than any Sega table.

For the record, I'm not in the "DMD or nothing" camp. Take a look at my sig. None of those machines have a DMD. Unfortunately for me, I doubt we'll see any of them. I'd like to see another poll similar to this current one, but with the early solid state machines nobody seems to care about.

soundwave106

Nov 6, 2013
The only Sega table I actually remember playing IRL was South Park. That one was pretty meh. But I've enjoyed a couple of Data East tables in the past (Tommy and Jurassic Park in particular I remember being pretty decent); we'll see how this out-of-left-field license holds up...

JJH516

Banned
Jun 4, 2014
For the record, I'm not in the "DMD or nothing" camp. Take a look at my sig. None of those machines have a DMD. Unfortunately for me, I doubt we'll see any of them. I'd like to see another poll similar to this current one, but with the early solid state machines nobody seems to care about.

Me either, and that's a great idea. There's so many good ones that have yet to be done. (Swords of Fury being near the top of my list)

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012

"EVERYBODY UNDER THE GROUND NOW!!!!"

Though, the MIDI version of Van Halen's "Human's Being" ain't too bad. Thumbs up.!!

Tarik

Banned
Dec 27, 2014
They shouldn't stay for long as we don't have 'like' buttons, or any of that 'be my friend' cobblers.
Don't worry about the new members from FB, the mods will use their ban hammers after the poll is over, it's too risky to start banning now. This club has to stay elite, you know.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Don't worry about the new members from FB, the mods will use their ban hammers after the poll is over, it's too risky to start banning now. This club has to stay elite, you know.

do you really think the mods have any quality standards with a guy like me? trust that theres no us and them agenda, ive always had a giggle that theres a fookbook rumour this place is eliteist, if banning crazy people like gail shartaz or mike morse makes us snibs then si be it realky

like for sexy times!

on a side note id love to knkw how many new or reacrivated accounts vpted for xenon(still a vaild vote) as thry arent apart of what we always considered a community

facebooks more like personal rants and grafftti on the wall,

what im saying is we dont judge yiu for having thr fookbook herpes just what you say and do on this forum, this is the second time you stated something along the lines of elitsim here care to give an real examples? asode from on guy suggest newer members shoukdnt vote?

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
do you really think the mods have any quality standards with a guy like me? trust that theres no us and them agenda, ive always had a giggle that theres a fookbook rumour this place is eliteist, if banning crazy people like gail shartaz or mike morse makes us snibs then si be it realky

like for sexy times!

on a side note id love to knkw how many new or reacrivated accounts vpted for xenon(still a vaild vote) as thry arent apart of what we always considered a community

facebooks more like personal rants and grafftti on the wall,

what im saying is we dont judge yiu for having thr fookbook herpes just what you say and do on this forum, this is the second time you stated something along the lines of elitsim here care to give an real examples? asode from on guy suggest newer members shoukdnt vote?

Careful there. That almost made sense ....

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
it makes you an ewok or possibly jarjar

in this cinext paragon is the rebellion and xenon is the empire

Tarik

Banned
Dec 27, 2014
...if banning crazy people like gail shartaz or mike morse makes us snibs then si be it realky
Mike morse is still here as DokkenRokken and seems to get along very well with some of the mods.

...this is the second time you stated something along the lines of elitsim here care to give an real examples?
One example, new users need to get a manual approval by a mod to be allowed to vote on a poll.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
oh trust me nobody likes dokken haha

as for the need for approval, people were abusing the open system something needed to be done its in no way meant to discourage or make new users unwelcome

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Mike morse is still here as DokkenRokken and seems to get along very well with some of the mods.

Been quite for a bit though ....

One example, new users need to get a manual approval by a mod to be allowed to vote on a poll.

So they've got a guy checking ID at the door. Big deal. I been to plenty of places that do that and I wouldn't exactly call them "elitist". "Dives" might be a more accurate description ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts