Votes: 6 1.8%
  • Xenon™

Votes: 120 35.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Funkbox

Aug 29, 2014
I personally feel like they owe us big time for Lights, Camera, Action. I hate that I bought that table.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
I personally feel like they owe us big time for Lights, Camera, Action. I hate that I bought that table.

i love gottlieb even the oremier area, but lca was onky ever fun irl cuz it blinded the **** out if with a spotlight

JJH516

Banned
Jun 4, 2014
Xenon should not have been included in this poll.

Xenon should never of been included in the this poll

Bah every time I look, Paragon has gained a vote, but so has Xenon! I swear there must be a magnet under the playfield (pinball forum; use typical pinball paranoia even though it makes NO SENSE in this context) that is automatically adding a vote for Xenon every time there's a vote for Paragon.

Get over it.

The masses have spoken.

Here's an interesting comment from Farsight on the Facebook page:

Why not do a 2 pack or something? I would think these take a lot less time to do than anything System 11 or greater.

It's just different. With older tables we have to program the rules ourselves. Newer tables we can copy the rules from the ROM. It's a trade-off.

Last edited:

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
My vote went to Paragon, since I was keeping with the pre-80's spirit. I won't say no to Xenon though.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
So this IS a poll for an EM table?

Oh no, can someone with a facebook please explain to them the meaning of EM? Half the tables in the poll are solid state.

EMs:
Centigrade 37
Fireball
Joker Poker
Royal Flush
Spirit of '76
Jive Time
Ace High
Atlantis
Balls-a-poppin'
Sea Witch

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
i love gottlieb even the oremier area, but lca was onky ever fun irl cuz it blinded the **** out if with a spotlight

I'm looking at getting a real one. Topper included. If I do, I should post tons of pics just to p!ss the haters off. :cool:

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Get over it.

The masses have spoken.

Here's an interesting comment from Farsight on the Facebook page:

Why not do a 2 pack or something? I would think these take a lot less time to do than anything System 11 or greater.

I've never been "under" it. I was mearly pointing out a factual mistake. FarSight makes TONS of mistakes, but, they have stated on FB that people shouldn't be so upset. This is supposed to be fun. With that in mind, I'd see them taking to heart people's desire to see some of the other titles too.

In the end, I don't care too much what they do. I vote with my dollar. Xenon's a decent table with beautiful art. I bought the PS4 season pass because, after doing the numbers, it was a logical choice. I'll also buy it on ios too.

However, Starship Troopers? Well, I'm stuck with it on PS4 but they will not get my cash for the ios version.

WesReviews

Jul 5, 2013
I was one of the people that nominated Xenon on Twitter because the source I checked said 1979. However if it wasn't actually released until late into 1980, I do not think it should be eligible for this poll. I never would have nominated it had I known.

I still want to see it on TPA, but not at the expense of knocking out another title for whom this poll might have been it's only shot.

Just my $0.02.

David T. Melnick

Jul 23, 2014
I've never been "under" it. I was mearly pointing out a factual mistake. FarSight makes TONS of mistakes, but, they have stated on FB that people shouldn't be so upset. This is supposed to be fun. With that in mind, I'd see them taking to heart people's desire to see some of the other titles too.

In the end, I don't care too much what they do. I vote with my dollar. Xenon's a decent table with beautiful art. I bought the PS4 season pass because, after doing the numbers, it was a logical choice. I'll also buy it on ios too.

However, Starship Troopers? Well, I'm stuck with it on PS4 but they will not get my cash for the ios version.
-----------
Right...at the end of the day, FarSight deserves credit; they are the ones doing "real" tables to the realest likeness. The others are fake. ;):cool:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Well... the one fear I have with whatever table or tables wind up getting produced as a result of this poll, they will have to be scripted and will be as buggy as Black Knight or Firepower. Fingers crossed, eh? Or that they go for emulation from the get-go?

padre

Sep 29, 2014
Xenon, because it will make me buy it... and this game. Only table besides Fireball that I have played from these I think.

btw, how is Black Knight bugged? I haven't played that one (in real life either).

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
btw, how is Black Knight bugged? I haven't played that one (in real life either).

The most obvious problem is the ball lock, and balls getting stuck/lost track of in general. There's probably a longer list of stuff wrong with it but you'd need to be familiar with the original to have a better idea. Needless to say BK is the poster child for What Can Go Wrong With Scripting.

Obviously any EM is going to have to be scripted since there's no ROM to emulate....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.