Votes: 6 1.8%
  • Xenon™

Votes: 120 35.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
Obviously any EM is going to have to be scripted since there's no ROM to emulate....
Its not really difficult to script an EM. The number of rules is limited. Bumpers and other objects need to be created anyways. no matter wether you use emulation or not. BK is an SS and has more rules. Many FP and VP authors have scripted EMs.

soundwave106

Nov 6, 2013
Well... the one fear I have with whatever table or tables wind up getting produced as a result of this poll, they will have to be scripted and will be as buggy as Black Knight or Firepower. Fingers crossed, eh? Or that they go for emulation from the get-go?

The Bally MPU that powers many of their early SS tables was emulated for Centaur (reference). If that's the case, both Xenon and Paragon would be emulated as well.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
The Bally MPU that powers many of their early SS tables was emulated for Centaur (reference). If that's the case, both Xenon and Paragon would be emulated as well.

That's good to know! Odd that they got Centaur emulated but not BK/FP/Gorgar. Something about the Williams ROMs that they couldn't handle? Or are all those 3 significantly different to each other in some way?

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
That's good to know! Odd that they got Centaur emulated but not BK/FP/Gorgar. Something about the Williams ROMs that they couldn't handle? Or are all those 3 significantly different to each other in some way?

Bobby thought they had working emulation for those 3, but apparently they weren't stable. We just asked him a few months back in a BlahCade podcast about it, but that's where it stands.

Jazza

Aug 19, 2012
It doesn't compete well with most of these but had to vote for my avatar. Go Timewarp!

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
Come on Xenon. Try tube shot!! OMG though, can we get backglass support yet? Xenon SCREAMS for it!!!!!!

Is there a game to play on the back-glass? I Googled images of the back-glass and didn't see no gameplay, then again in my age my eyesight is not the best.

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
The backglass has chase lights that move in sync to the tempo of the music.

Thanks Captain for the explanation.

Young Mr. Captain B. Zarre, did you vote for Xenon in this poll? If so, may I ask why?

I also ask this question to all those who read this forum and voted for Xenon; why, is it for the game-play or the images of a provocative female cyborg from the future.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Hey there Frank. Though I didn't vote for xenon, I'd still love to see it. There's only a few pins I've played that have been recreated by FarSight, like T2, Pinbot, Space Shuttle, and maybe another that I'm forgetting. But I only say that because even though I haven't played many different pins, the others that I've spent many quarters on are South Park, Tron, Big Buck Pro, The Sopranos, avatar... It doesn't mean I can't judge a good pin based on a video. That's all I was saying, and what I'm getting to is.. Before all of this I had seen a video review of xenon. I really wish I could remember who did it, but all of those videos are worth watching, and funny as hell. He reviewed WOZ, Rollergames, and a bunch of others that had me literally laughing. But based on his video for xenon, I know it's something that I will totally love. Can someone help me out with who is that guy that's making those awesome videos? He usually reviews everything else other than pinball. But his deadpan humor had me cracking up and loving xenon. He usually mocks the back glass and makes a funny story about what's really going on (my favorite was when he said Rollergames' artwork looks like a trapper keeper)

Edit: I forgot Monopoly, and Pirates of the carabean, that I've dumped quarters into.

Last edited:

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
There's Classic Game Room. The guy reviews classic arcade games. He has done Future Spa and Xenon. He calls Xenon average regarding gameplay.

Last edited:

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Thank you! Zorgwon... That's it! Yeah, I remember that he dissed on xenon. But he does that to all of them.. Besides Robocop. I only wanted to make a point for Frank, and point out that watching that vid is helpful, despite the fact that xenon shouldn't've been included in this poll. But I'd rather not open up that can of worms. As shutyertrap stated, it's better to point out the good things about the pin you want, rather than dig on the one you don't want. FS did kind of admitt that they goofed. So take it as it is. Just wanted to be helpful to someone like Frank, who was wondering what's good about xenon. My answer is, watch that video, have some laughs, and maybe you'll learn something

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
dont to it franke what you see can never be erased!

dont touch that video!

bad extork

that guy does a good blackhole review btw

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Xenon is popular for many reasons and a major contributor is probably the sexy voice of delectable Suzanne Ciani that entices you during the game. Nice documentary excerpt in the video here about Xenon and check out how she keeps playing with her hair during the interview.

http://www.sevwave.com/early_ciani/ciani_xenon.html

Last edited:

sid8580

Dec 3, 2014
Thanks Captain for the explanation.

Young Mr. Captain B. Zarre, did you vote for Xenon in this poll? If so, may I ask why?

I also ask this question to all those who read this forum and voted for Xenon; why, is it for the game-play or the images of a provocative female cyborg from the future.

Neither, its the only table i played irl and i have good memories about it.

Last edited:

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
There's Classic Game Room. The guy reviews classic arcade games. He has done Future Spa and Xenon. He calls Xenon average regarding gameplay.
which is not a problem, we already have some games in TPA that are average, simple, one shot game.......... And while I'd like to se xenon at some point but it's not really a table I'm longing for and there are others I'd like to see before it. And if xenon will take a slot for some real pre 1980 table than I'm not OK with it.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
The backglass has chase lights that move in sync to the tempo of the music.

Yes and, unfortunately, none of that will make a difference in the digital version. You can't look up at the BG. It isn't reflected off the PF glass. Gameplay is what really matters in TPA. Appreciating the art and "spectacle" of a game is not the same as the real deal.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Yes and, unfortunately, none of that will make a difference in the digital version. You can't look up at the BG. It isn't reflected off the PF glass. Gameplay is what really matters in TPA. Appreciating the art and "spectacle" of a game is not the same as the real deal.

Very true, some things just don't translate to the digital version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.