First impressions?

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
I've been playing this for a few weeks with the android beta and now the PC, so here's what I think of it.

• I can't think of a game quite like it, I either have a game where I get 8 million or a game where I'll get 100+ million, there's almost no middle ground
  • Oh man, is it hard to trap the ball.
  • Love Never Dies is such a stupid ballsaver idea, randomising whether I get another ball from an immediate drain?

So far it's pretty good, but Diner still blows it out of the water.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
I've been playing this for a few weeks with the android beta and now the PC, so here's what I think of it.

• I can't think of a game quite like it, I either have a game where I get 8 million or a game where I'll get 100+ million, there's almost no middle ground
  • Oh man, is it hard to trap the ball.
  • Love Never Dies is such a stupid ballsaver idea, randomising whether I get another ball from an immediate drain?

So far it's pretty good, but Diner still blows it out of the water.

The ball save is triggered either when a ball drains too quickly from a plunge or having the ball kick out of a scoop and drain without hitting a switch.

oqvist

Nov 23, 2013
Experienced the same thing. I was getting nowhere the first 8 games or so. Absolutely nowhere no standard goals, no multiball nothing and a 25 million score at best. Then the 9th game I managed to get into multiball and then it all just rolls on and you never die ;)

After multiple multiballs etc I had completed all standard goals (having no idea what they where still) and got a 1,7 billion score. Maybe they should increase the set high scores it was at 350 million or something. Going by the computer high score that is supposed to be good but the pros must do some 35 billion or something?

Make my first impression kind of odd. From the most drainy table ever to quite arcade. But anyway I like the mood of it and I am glad not having to play another Richie table. Oh and that wolf video game was fun. Hard to conserve ammo ;)

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
They really did a great job on this. It looks, sounds, and plays just as good as the real table. It's easily the best table of Season 3, and the best table since anything from Season 1.

However, to say that Diner "blows it out of the water", is just endlessly hilarious! Hahahahahaha

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
I didn't know those 2 tables were already released on PS3 !?!

Last edited:

lipstick on a dog

May 4, 2014
I really want to like this table, but I can't do a thing with it. I got a couple of decent games out of it yesterday, but for the most part, it's just drain after drain after drain. I really hate the lightning flippers. I do better with them on Fish Tales, but they ruin this table IMO.

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
I really want to like this table, but I can't do a thing with it. I got a couple of decent games out of it yesterday, but for the most part, it's just drain after drain after drain. I really hate the lightning flippers. I do better with them on Fish Tales, but they ruin this table IMO.

I always thought it was a much overrated table.
But it's highly requested. I'm happy it pleases those who really wanted it.
I'll give it another try when I would be able to purchase it in TPA (PS3 delay).
And... who knows...

Last edited:

Bravewall

Jul 5, 2014
This table has been straight up kicking my ass, and not in any way that I can blame it for being a drain monster. I have had so many balls sunk due my own reaction time. It makes me feel like a noob all over again. I'm gonna have to burn myself out on this table because this is the kind of challenge I need to get better all around.

Fantastic table! :cool:

Kaoru

Mar 29, 2012
Hey, the kid's good, and it irks me that he's in my friend list. :)
He's one of the main reasons why I'll never be able to grab a #1 spot in my friend leaderboards. ;)

Anyway, it's a pretty good pin! The design doesn't look like much at first glance, but the more you play the more you find the depth in the game. And Mist Multiball is one really cool mode.

I wasn't exactly impressed with the season 3 releases, but I have to say that we got some really decent ones near the end. I hope the quality is going to stay at this level of quality for a while; I don't really need b- to c-list Williams games like Junkyard or another demonstration of why exactly Gottlieb went out of business in the early 90s.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
Fish Tales in TPA is harder then real life. Dracula is NOT. yes, this game is supposed to kick your ass. here's why.

1) you have to brave the dangerous bumpers to lock balls.
2) looping either ramp enough will force the ball into the bumpers. (you will get castle locks and vats for looping the castle ramp, and open the coffin when looping the coffin ramp.
3) power drains out of the bumpers can happen any time. and if it stays up in them too long even a plunge can drain without ball save.
4) bad bounces off the standups and any bricks can drain.

But, when the pinball gods smile on you, you can put up amazing scores. It may take you 100 or more attempts to break ten billion, but eventually it will happen. Both skill and luck are needed for a good game.

If you are having trouble looping the ramps, you can trap after a shot by nudging just after the ball reaches the flipper. it's not 100%, but it's reliable enough to open the coffin or get your next bonus.

Only brave the altar from a trap on the left flipper. you will drain for sure trying otherwise.

Use post transfers to get the ball to the opposite flipper when needed.

Stack as many modes as possible for maximum points. double castle jackpots are where it's at.

TPA has really outdone themselves with this recreation. Really hard, as it it should be. No one who's played it in real life has anything to complain about.

Last edited:

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
Why do they have that "Love Never Dies" logo at the top.
Wish we could disable that.
And has the flash in the coffin been fixed. Is it always suppose to be dark??

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Why do they have that "Love Never Dies" logo at the top.
Wish we could disable that.
And has the flash in the coffin been fixed. Is it always suppose to be dark??
Don't know what you mean, maybe because I can't see anything st the top due to crappy camera settings for cabinet.
But what problems do you guys have with love? :cool: Playing too much pinball?

Edit: now I see it! Ok, this can go.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.