First impressions?

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Not bad.
But I'm not sure you understood the real meaning of his post. ;)

Didn't he basically say, "I like it but it's a drain monster?"

I mean my French is seriously rusty these days. Particularly entirely forgetting that pinball is usually referred to as "flipper" or "le flip", given I spent 9 months in Grenoble and practically lived in an arcade with over a dozen tables. Well, it was 20 years ago.

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
Didn't he basically say, "I like it but it's a drain monster?"

I mean my French is seriously rusty these days. Particularly entirely forgetting that pinball is usually referred to as "flipper" or "le flip", given I spent 9 months in Grenoble and practically lived in an arcade with over a dozen tables. Well, it was 20 years ago.

It's exactly that : "I would love to like it but it's a f****** drain monster"
Pinball is called "flipper" in France. Or "le flip" (that's really funny you remembered about this).
I used to lived in Rochester, NY and in England & Ireland when I was younger but I realized my english is still so bad.
When you don't practise a language, it fades.
Garde ton amour pour le flip mon ami ! :D

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
Congratulations for your french language skills. Really.

Not bad.
But I'm not sure you understood the real meaning of his post. ;)

Ouais , @Hairytic est un gars bizarre , a oublié de le mentionner. Il affiche rarement mais ses messages sont très drôle , et pas du tout l'anglais . Na pas traduire votre courrier avant donc je suis désolé .

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
It's exactly that : "I would love to like it but it's a f****** drain monster"
Pinball is called "flipper" in France. Or "le flip" (that's really funny you remembered about this).
I used to lived in Rochester, NY and in England & Ireland when I was younger but I realized my english is still so bad.
When you don't practise a language, it fades.
Garde ton amour pour le flip mon ami ! :D
I'm in serious danger of losing my french. But at least in written for I can slow down and think about it. Oddly enough, where I learned all my french, practically nobody speaks it.

I've spoken french since I was young and until high school where I opted for French immersion, which I considered English immersion, my education was in an exclusively french school board.

I consider french my first and a half language as if I can speak regularly for a week or so I can finally shape the sounds properly again and rid myself of that horrible English accent lol

Dechampfleury

Feb 19, 2013
But you'll be ok that this table drain so much. Anybody had all the multiball at the same time and x2 and x3 enlightned? If x2andx3 at the same moment is possible...i don't know. And is there some special mode that can be activated exept multiball rats, video mode ?

warsaw303

Jun 8, 2012
I love this table, though it can be really damn frustrating.

Had a few so-so games going the other day. Then, when close to both castle and coffin multiball, I activated mist multiball. Activated another multiball from there, then just kept flipping. Before I know it all three are activated and I got several "THIRRRRRRTY MILLION" shots.

Killed Dracula too. And a couple castle jackpots. Love the "I just want to cut off her head and take out her heart" callout. This table has such great atmosphere.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
Yeah this game will kick you HARD a lot of the time, but when you can actually get something going, it's so fun, and that good game makes all the previous ones you suffered through well worth it.

That is the draw of this table. Since every locked ball feeds the bumpers, the game can go bad at any time, no matter how well you play. Or the bumpers can cooperate and you can go for ages without a drain. Once you get your flippers on the ball, any drains are your fault... until you make another lock.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
I like the theme of this table. The game itself is good but I hate the feeling that unless you stack all three multiballs together (which is really hard to coordinate correctly), you're earning chump change. Makes you feel like most of the time you're making no progress. And it's a real pain when you trigger one of them and have to work all the way round for another. It plays a little bit differently, so props for that, but not one of my favourites.

nuclearkevin

Nov 11, 2013
For me, not worth the effort and aggravation... I get very little enjoyment playing this... constantly drains... maybe the top players (that say they do not want the games easy) in here are happy with it. For me, it is only aggravating to play and I doubt anyone new to pinball arcade will enjoy this one. Too bad, because it would be an enjoyable game to play if not so difficult. Maybe there are some things to be exploited on this one like the monotonous STTNG jackpot and T2 loop. If there are, I am not interested.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Nice vid Mark, and not to take anything away from it, but it is apparent that nudging on other platforms like XBox and PS3 (and also PC if I'm correct) is much easier, because the amount of nudging that you use would have led to at least a tilt (warning) on iOS. It seems that there is a soft nudging possible? On iOS it's harde nudge or no nudge, nothing between!

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
That's hard to say because it's unclear a. if all scores over all platforms are posted to the same leaderboards. Some have said that mobile has it's own leaderboards but I can clearly see PC scores there also (I know this because I know VikingErik plays only on PC). There is a 23B score on the leaderboards I see, but the name attached is "Failsight", is this your name? Others also have said that the consoles have their own leaderboards because the consoles protocols won't allow posting to leaderboards outside of their own systems. and b. if there are multiple platforms in the leaderboards, I can't see on which platform the score was achieved. The top score on the leaderboard I see is 63B by Sir_Moovenstein, and with a quick search, this seems to be a Playstation user (but he may also be playing on iOS if he has multiple systems). This kind of challenges the idea that console scores are not posted to the leaderboards.

I've recently had a discussion with VikingErik who confirmed the idea that on PC there are "soft nudges" possible that won't easily trigger tilt and tilt warnings. He acknowledged that this in part helps him achieve his monstrous scores, without taking anything away from the fact that even with this, he is a phenomenal player in his own right.

* and while perusing the online leaderboards I saw a near 4.8B score on Terminator by Mark_Miwurdz. On which platform was that?

Last edited:

Mark Miwurdz

Apr 7, 2012
That's hard to say because it's unclear a. if all scores over all platforms are posted to the same leaderboards. Some have said that mobile has it's own leaderboards but I can clearly see PC scores there also (I know this because I know VikingErik plays only on PC). There is a 23B score on the leaderboards I see, but the name attached is "Failsight", is this your name? Others also have said that the consoles have their own leaderboards because the consoles protocols won't allow posting to leaderboards outside of their own systems. and b. if there are multiple platforms in the leaderboards, I can't see on which platform the score was achieved. The top score on the leaderboard I see is 63B by Sir_Moovenstein, and with a quick search, this seems to be a Playstation user (but he may also be playing on iOS if he has multiple systems). This kind of challenges the idea that console scores are not posted to the leaderboards.

I've recently had a discussion with VikingErik who confirmed the idea that on PC there are "soft nudges" possible that won't easily trigger tilt and tilt warnings. He acknowledged that this in part helps him achieve his monstrous scores, without taking anything away from the fact that even with this, he is a phenomenal player in his own right.

* and while perusing the online leaderboards I saw a near 4.8B score on Terminator by Mark_Miwurdz. On which platform was that?

That was done on a PS3. I have since mastered T2 and can now play indefinitely. I recently stopped at 20b on the Xbox One version. My Dracula score was done there. The Xbox One leaderboard is unadulterated. O n the mixed leaderboard. scores done on the PS3 and PS4 do not tell you the platfotm, there's no suffix.

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net...26_2851564775435106925_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoiYiJ9
https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net...78_8199385059023972143_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoiYiJ9

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Great scores! But still it's not clear how your PS3 score showed up at the TPA leaderboards while also being at the PSN leaderboards? PS4 scores don't seem to post to the combined TPA leaderboards then? I find it al very confusing!

Members online

Members online