First Wizard of Oz

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
I'm yet to find where I can play it in Australia, either. I know there are at least a few here, but no idea if there's any on location :(

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Just played it yesterday. It ws an awesome experience. The game was a bit on the easy side and I hate the Wizard of Oz as a movie but the game is so well executed and really beautiful.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
There's a Wizard of Oz machine at the Pinball Hall of Fame in Las Vegas. (Not that this post is going to induce anyone to go to Vegas, and if you're on this forum and going to Vegas then you already know about the PHoF. :) )

I played it for an hour, reaching 342,000 which was the top non-default high score on the machine. Yeah, it looks stunning and the playfield is great and innovative, but it's hard to see much meat in the gameplay. There were a few multiball rounds but seemed like not much else was going on, a far cry from something like Twilight Zone or TSPP where every couple shots starts up some feature or another. I never got any good sense of the organization of the rules aside from the Dorothy-Rescue sequence for multiball, where most of the points in that big game came from. (I don't know what software version it was running.)

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Something to keep an ear out for: On the next Pinheadz Pinball Podcast (it's a new Aussie one) they'll be talking to an owner who put the first WoZ on location here in Australia, even finding out what the takings were for the first month it was out. Should be an interesting listen!

Baramos

Aug 18, 2013
Got to play Wizard of Oz, at a hookah bar of all places. Super fun game, really excellent quality to the build.

If you live in central PA it's in State College. The bar is called Music Underground. They had Twilight Zone and Bram Stoker's Dracula up and running, in great condition. Scared Stiff wasn't working but it's in the actual lounge area so I think it just needed repaired. The guy providing the pins is a pretty die-hard collector, I noticed in the back room area near the bathrooms Iron Man, X-Men, and Star Wars (Data East), apparently they need fixed as they weren't up and running.

Anyway, I updated it on Pinside if anyone lives in the area.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts