Flight 2000/Goin Nuts tomorrow?

Animator_pin_fan

Mar 4, 2012
I'm absolutely LOVING Flight 2000! Had the chance to play a super nice Stern Viper a couple of weeks ago, and to my surprise it was incredibly fast... After that experience, I believe the expectations of early SS tables being slightly slower is probably based on the worn/weak condition of those few examples that are out there.

It's funny, DMD titles are what got me hooked on pinball in the arcades & bars, but since then I've much preferred playing early and later pre DMD SS and EMs than modern titles. Especially in league play with 4 players, since newer games ball times tend to be 4 times as long, and it gets boring waiting for your turn unless you can squeeze in to watch others play.

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
Where are all the Flight 2000 haters now? Time to start eating some crow. I am glad others are enjoying Flight 2000 as much, (well maybe not as much), as i am too. I am glad it came out as well as it did. Now bring on Seawitch!!

N

netizen

It can be a fun table, but for some reason I want to call it **** 2000, or in a more polite setting Tilt 2000

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I don't think there were ever that many F2K "haters", were there? I know there were those who weren't exactly excited about it, but I don't recall much hatred for it.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I would have preferred Seawitch but I'll take any classic Stern from that era. Most of the haters will probably hate Seawitch too. Plus they can also complain it doesn't even have multiball.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I don't hate it. But some of the shots aren't accessible - the leftmost upper lane, for example - and the multiball doesn't have any special scoring to justify the work that goes into getting there. (I have the same beef with Firepower.)

N

netizen

It's all about getting the spinner up to 5k and then working it "all day"

Haven't had a multi ball last for very long, as there are some really bad lines out of the upper right section.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I don't hate it. But some of the shots aren't accessible - the leftmost upper lane, for example - and the multiball doesn't have any special scoring to justify the work that goes into getting there. (I have the same beef with Firepower.)

I hear ya. Since they were some of the first multiball machines, I think the designers and players at the time were just happy to have multiball at all. We're much more spoiled now.

TripleT

Sep 23, 2012

If you send a third ball into the lock lane, the first ball is ejected, and always travels through the leftmost upper lane.

Hitting the lock lane is pretty easy from the right flipper.

Getting the ball onto the right flipper is pretty easy if you just let the ball bounce off the left flipper. There are many opportunities for that.

I hope you give it more chances. This table looks and sounds great, and tests your accuracy and reflexes. And games are not tedious marathons. Quickly becoming one of my favorites.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Did not think to overload the rocket launcher for free left lane rollovers. Thanks for the tip!

I'm sure Flight 2000 will grow on me in time. I just favor more complex machines, that's all.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
Where are all the Flight 2000 haters now? Time to start eating some crow. I am glad others are enjoying Flight 2000 as much, (well maybe not as much), as i am too. I am glad it came out as well as it did. Now bring on Seawitch!!

I don't remember people hating Flight 2000.

I do recall that when Pack 16 was announced there were a lot that vocalized they didn't want this paired with Goin' Nuts and I have a feeling that the sales numbers will reflect this.

I also recall that some here pushed back a bit a few months ago when there was such a strong pro-Flight 2000 campaign carried out by a small group of members.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Generally I don't have much interest in older tables and my only beef with this pack is that both are old, I don't mind getting older tables but I would prefer if each were paired with a more modern table. However....I'm constantly being re-educated by these older machines. F2000 is awesome and I can't stop playing it. The same with Centaur, completely blew me away, Firepower also but to a lesser degree.

Regarding shots being hard to hit in F2000, I mentioned this during the beta and put it down to the different than normal flipper angle ( which is accurate ). On every other table so far in TPA the flippers are directly inline with the inlane guides meaning the ball runs smoothly through the inlane and across the flipper but the flippers are tilted down on F2000. I believe this is what's causing my aiming problems. I'm not saying its a fault or bug, it's just different so we're not used to it.

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
I'm finding the hardest bit is getting the O on the right outer inlane. I Shatzed it once but all other times I got to multiball I had to fluke the O. Any tips?

Chris Dunman

Apr 11, 2012
Thought I'd be Luke warm on this pack, but how I was wrong.

Not played either machine before, obviously for GN, but really enjoying this pack.

Not gotten multiball in F2K yet, so more practice needed.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Strange that we haven't had a news letter yet hinting to what pack 17 will be, usually get it as soon as the new table pack hits!?

night

May 18, 2012
I am a sucker for 80's tables and space themes and I like Flight 2000. I have my thoughts about the Nuts table.. (Graphic-wise Goin Nuts sucks. The graphics have seen some Photoshop filers ('unsharp mask' I recognise) to spice-up the low resolution..) Flight looks ok. I really had to get used to TPA physics after playing a lot of Zaccaria lately. With the right settings Zaccaria really beats TPA's physics in realism. TPA plays over-the-top smooth, in Zaccaria the ball feels heavier, and it's behavior is more raw. It will benefit TPA if they could implement physics settings. Overall, Flight 2000 is a good table that plays very well.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts