Flight 2000/Goin Nuts tomorrow?

Mongol

Feb 20, 2013
I love this pack. It's just plain fun. And Goin' Nuts is unique, and definitely worthy of inclusion. Still trying to get used to no outlanes on it.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
Where are all the Flight 2000 haters now? Time to start eating some crow. I am glad others are enjoying Flight 2000 as much, (well maybe not as much), as i am too. I am glad it came out as well as it did. Now bring on Seawitch!!

I don't remember people hating Flight 2000.

I do recall that when Pack 16 was announced there were a lot that vocalized they didn't want this paired with Goin' Nuts and I have a feeling that the sales numbers will reflect this.

I also recall that some here pushed back a bit a few months ago when there was such a strong pro-Flight 2000 campaign carried out by a small group of members.

A small group ?

Apparently a majority chose F2K.

Dunno though, maybe the poll was wrong.

Hugh, your response leads me to believe that you didn't read my entire comment. There is quite a difference between a "strong pro-Flight 2000 campaign carried out by a small group of members" and the majority of votes which Flight 2000 received in the poll.

TripleT

Sep 23, 2012
I'm finding the hardest bit is getting the O on the right outer inlane. I Shatzed it once but all other times I got to multiball I had to fluke the O. Any tips?

Seems like getting the O from above is all about luck. I think the best strategy is to approach it from below at every opportunity.

So when the ball is flying towards the right flipper, just raise the flipper and hold, and hope for the best. If the ball is moving fast enough sometimes you get the O from below, and then the ball sometimes keeps going a little further up and comes back down over the F.

You can also try post passes, which sometimes come off fast and furious on this table, inadvertently resulting in the same fortune as described above.

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
I will have to admit I was very vocal about Flight 2000. Mentioned it many time just to keep the name in people's heads when they went to vote. I am not ashamed about it at all. I called my brother and told him to sign up himself and his son and vote for it but they never did. Didn't find that out til the end but if it would have lost by a vote or two I would have been a little mad.
That being said, playing Seawitch many times over last few months, I like that one too. It was just in the way of Flight 2000.
I am glad most are liking Flight 2000. There may not have been "haters" for it but there were some who were calling for the pack to be replaced with other tables, or to just skip the pack and fix other issues. Many others claiming that they would not be purchasing the pack because of the table selection.
I hope everyone tries the table and comes to at least like it. Give it a chance, it might just grow on you.
Goin Nuts I played once so far. Not in any hurry to go rushing back for another round but still glad to have this rare table.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Flight 2000 isn't bad. They just could not have chosen a worse game to couple with it than Goin Nuts.

Centaur is a amazing but it's still a relatively shallow game. Pairing it with the deeper Pin*Bot made for a great pack.

Whereas Flight 2000 has some problems with it that Sean points out and I agree with. That makes the pairing with Goin Nuts an even harder pill to swallow.

I am enjoying Flight 2000. But man is this pack weaksauce overall. It's also seems to me that Goin Nuts is nothing more than an upscale/clean up of the PS2 table. Which means Bobby and crew have gone back on their statement that they would only do tables that they could tear down/make perfect. Does this mean we will be subjected to even worse tables going forward, like Jive Time? I am really fearful this will be the case.

warh0g

Jan 3, 2013
Flight 2000 gets better and better the more you play it! Casually dismissing that table makes you miss out on a reaöly nice table imo. And Goin' Nuts is surprisingly fun aswell and it really diffucult with the count down timer forcing you to make accurate shots constantly.
This table pack is surprising me in a positive way :D

CC13

Sep 1, 2012
Hugh, your response leads me to believe that you didn't read my entire comment. There is quite a difference between a "strong pro-Flight 2000 campaign carried out by a small group of members" and the majority of votes which Flight 2000 received in the poll.

Actually, Flight 2000 received less than a quarter of all votes cast in the classic Stern poll. Personally, I would have opted for more tables and multiple votes, like in the six semi-official polls that started running last month, but that's just me.

Wizened

Jun 10, 2012
Actually, Flight 2000 received less than a quarter of all votes cast in the classic Stern poll. Personally, I would have opted for more tables and multiple votes, like in the six semi-official polls that started running last month, but that's just me.

I think F2K should have been paired with SeaWitch given the close vote. But I am enjoying F2K and am happy to see a Harry Williams design on my iPad.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012

Yeah, Flight 2000 only beat out Seawitch by 4 votes. I really like tables from that era and I'm having a lot of fun with it. Man, that ball moves fast. I'd probably be enjoying Seawitch a tad more; but it's no problem. I've noticed a lot of people here commenting that we have too many space themed pins; I say give us more!

Munky

Apr 28, 2013
I am really enjoying F2K but, historically signifigant and rare or not, the aborted pile of dog **** that is Goin Nuts should not have been allowed to take up a spot that could have went to a better table.

Mongol

Feb 20, 2013
I am really enjoying F2K but, historically signifigant and rare or not, the aborted pile of dog **** that is Goin Nuts should not have been allowed to take up a spot that could have went to a better table.

Still, just a game...and there'll be another pack soon enough. Look at the grand scheme and consider that "spot" is only taking place of another table temporarily, and that other table will eventually be made regardless. I enjoy the table myself.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Still, just a game...and there'll be another pack soon enough. Look at the grand scheme and consider that "spot" is only taking place of another table temporarily, and that other table will eventually be made regardless. I enjoy the table myself.

I just think it's a stain on the service. Every other game is a classic. Even Central Park which I could understand people not liking a table like that, at least has really awesome artwork and is a worthy piece of pinball history. I can't find a single redeeming value about Goin Nuts other than it's rarity. Personally speaking rarity alone means nothing to me. I almost wish there were 0 in the world instead of 10 that way we could have gotten anything else in it's place. But it's a dead issue, the table sucks oh well I'm moving on.

And on the bright side every game now that comes after this is a blessing and it really makes you realize just how awesome the other games are. It's a reminder what a treat a pack like say, Whirlwind and Champion Pub really is.

warh0g

Jan 3, 2013
I just think it's a stain on the service. Every other game is a classic. Even Central Park which I could understand people not liking a table like that, at least has really awesome artwork and is a worthy piece of pinball history. I can't find a single redeeming value about Goin Nuts other than it's rarity. Personally speaking rarity alone means nothing to me. I almost wish there were 0 in the world instead of 10 that way we could have gotten anything else in it's place. But it's a dead issue, the table sucks oh well I'm moving on.

And on the bright side every game now that comes after this is a blessing and it really makes you realize just how awesome the other games are. It's a reminder what a treat a pack like say, Whirlwind and Champion Pub really is.

Hehe, I guess it is a questionable decision to put F2K and Goin' Nuts in the same pack. Maybe they should have paired Goin' Nuts with Whirlwind and F2K with Champion Pub instead? :)

edit: Allthough I am enjoying the pack alot ;)

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Hehe, I guess it is a questionable decision to put F2K and Goin' Nuts in the same pack. Maybe they should have paired Goin' Nuts with Whirlwind and F2K with Champion Pub instead? :)

edit: Allthough I am enjoying the pack alot ;)

I thought about that. But no. I'd rather be pissed off for just one month rather than two months in a row :lol.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012

Although I wouldn't have worded it so harshly I agree with you. When I first heard Goin' Nuts was announced my thoughts were that it has no place amongst the other tables. Unfortunately, now that I've had a couple of days with it I still dislike it. I don't know why I was holding out a little hope that it would be any better now than my memory of playing it on the Wii.

But Flight 2000 is right up my alley and I love it!

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
Flight 2000 is my favorite followed by Centaur. Never expected to like Centaur as much as I do. Flight 2000 is just awesome. Slings may be a little bouncy but the real table had powerful slings too. Maybe just not that powerful.
Still wouldn't change anything on it. 3 ball setup is good too. Having to fight for multiball is a good thing.
Can't tell you how happy I am with this table, won't say pack because I still have only played GN once.

Wizened

Jun 10, 2012

See? This is what makes the world go 'round. IRL I hated Champion Pub, here I'm reminded why. GN will get more play from me.

Dutch Pinball ball

May 5, 2012
Goin nuts is a real good picked name for this game.

Because that was what happened to me when i played this for the first time.

""Wtf did i just pay money for ??????""

That is not preserving pinball, lets get back on track. With pins that mathered.

Lord Boron

Apr 18, 2012
See? This is what makes the world go 'round. IRL I hated Champion Pub, here I'm reminded why. GN will get more play from me.

Yea, I'm not too keen of Champion Pub either, but I find myself getting strangely addictic to Goin Nuts. Those Yellow targets are driving me nuts.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts