Flipper Problem on Galaxy Note 10.1

amd_md

May 1, 2014
I have been having problems with a flipper (mainly right) lagging, sticking, and freezing in the up position. It happens on multiple tables (recently happened on Cirqus Voltaire, WhoDunnit, Ripley's, Scared Stiff, but has happened on others). Happened in the past very rarely, never enough to be a serious problem, usually restarted the game and problem went away. Now it is happening almost all the time--games are essentially unplayable.

Using Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition, and recently upgraded to Android 4.4.2 - not sure if this is when the problem began, but it may be.

Any ideas or suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks.

amd_md

May 1, 2014
Actually, I did see that, when I was having the problem less frequently in the past. I went through and changed all of my settings, and at the time, it seemed to help a bit. But now things have gotten really bad, like I said, essentially unplayable, and I haven't altered any of the settings.

amd_md

May 1, 2014
The problem has become worse...I thought maybe if I uninstalled and reinstalled the app, it might help. Now, when I go to load any table, the app completely crashes, saying "Unfortunately, Pinball Arcade has stopped". Whether this is related to the initial flipper problem or not, I am not sure.

Anybody else using a Galaxy Note 10.1? Also, I assume the game is compatible with Android 4.4, or could that somehow be related to the problem?

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
The problem has become worse...I thought maybe if I uninstalled and reinstalled the app, it might help. Now, when I go to load any table, the app completely crashes, saying "Unfortunately, Pinball Arcade has stopped". Whether this is related to the initial flipper problem or not, I am not sure.

Anybody else using a Galaxy Note 10.1? Also, I assume the game is compatible with Android 4.4, or could that somehow be related to the problem?

It is fully compatible with Android 4.4 with ART or Dalvik.

You're running stock, right? If you have a custom recovery installed, you might want to clear Dalvik and Cache and see if that helps clear out the junk.

Try giving your device a checkup with Clean Master from Google Play. See what your total RAM usage is before starting TPA. Maybe you're running low on resources?

Last edited:

Pinetwig

Dec 23, 2013
Glad to I'm not the only one having problems.

Flippers goes dead, don't respond or sticks and preforms several multiple quick flipps frequently now days making the game pretty much unplayable.

Was thinking it was my old screen just being worn out but after seeing a few threads with people having similar problems I'm not so sure anymore.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013

No its a separate server related issue.
It's related to downloading table files from Farsights CDN.

What happens is you get a bum download which puts a small file of the table name on your device. This file blocks subsequent re-download attempts of the same table.
Best fix, go into 'options', then 'table manager' and delete any table file that's crashing on you. This completely remove all traces of that table file.
Re-attempt the download. It should work, but If it crashes, back into 'table manager' - rinse, lather repeat until you've got a full table set again.
Hope it gets you going again.

Ryan - Hope the camping was good, could you purge the CDN again please.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Was thinking it was my old screen just being worn out but after seeing a few threads with people having similar problems I'm not so sure anymore.

I suspect a problem in TPA. I have longish time spaced Intermittent Input lag on both my devices.
But not on any other Pinball games, and it's a recent-ish development. Around the time of hilod approximately (switching hilod off doesn't fix it though)
Not unplayable - but annoying when it costs me a shot or a drain.

Last edited:

amd_md

May 1, 2014
What happens is you get a bum download which puts a small file of the table name on your device. This file blocks subsequent re-download attempts of the same table.
Best fix, go into 'options', then 'table manager' and delete any table file that's crashing on you. This completely remove all traces of that table file.
Re-attempt the download. It should work, but If it crashes, back into 'table manager' - rinse, lather repeat until you've got a full table set again.
Hope it gets you going again.

Tried multiple times--still not working...

N

netizen

The only time I experienced it was on my Samsung Tab2 7" and it is a low memory issue on that device. Doing a cold reboot, or clearing the RAM Cache when the issue arises seems the alleviate the problem for the most part.

I recall Pop Sargent writing a lengthy post about a similar issue on his Note 10.1 (2014)

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
The only time I experienced it was on my Samsung Tab2 7" and it is a low memory issue on that device. Doing a cold reboot, or clearing the RAM Cache when the issue arises seems the alleviate the problem for the most part.
I recall Pop Sargent writing a lengthy post about a similar issue on his Note 10.1 (2014)

Can't blame it on low memory for myself though.
I use 'Clean Master' regularly, and restart at least once a week.
I've had it on both my devices - N7 runs at 39% memory free, and SGS4 runs at 62% free (hardly anything installed on it).

N

netizen

Didn't Jared have a thread about this problem on a 2013 Nexus 7 and he had figured out it was a screen input driver?

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Didn't Jared have a thread about this problem on a 2013 Nexus 7 and he had figured out it was a screen input driver?

I think from memory he'd installed a custom rom which affected his digitizer at the time.

My N7-2012 is running stock KK4.4.2 and up until a few months ago was lag free.
But also the same lag occurs on my SGS4 which is ultra stock, not even rooted and only used for calls with little installed on it.
Wierd, - It's fine 99% then you get a random input lag, during which the screen play doesn't slow. Only TPA is affected.
I would think it has to be a thread priority issue or conflict.

amd_md

May 1, 2014
Does the fact that the problem with the flipper sticking seems to be at its worst during multiball mean anything? Just something I've noticed as I desperately try to find a solution...

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
The cpu is more heavily used during this mode, so perhaps the os is dropping some of the events being fired. Does this ever happen with a controller?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts