For What It's Worth, This Was Sent To Apple...

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
this might wualify me as a hipster at nearly 28 hah but after watching a 60s 70s and 80s rock documentary today i realised that my tastes sre lretty old comlared to my age group, not that im agasint any tune if i dig it i wont hear a word about it, but my core seems to be classic rock, not heavy not metal not rap or hipop but rocckk on mon heh.

im ont the onky younger guy who feels the same either on the forum i know this

tho buzz hank williams is cool as ****;)

Buzz1126

Dec 27, 2013
This is headed off topic, and for that I apologize. There were some good times then, but times were different. I can't really explain it...FM radio was just getting started, the DJ's would play an entire side of an album at the drop of a hat. Motown was revving up. Music was...exponential. You heard a song that led you to two. Those two led to four. 8-16-32, an album, then 2. You heard from friends who heard from older brother/sisters. Rolling Stone (the magazine) Creem, were just getting started. And, yes, I have no problems telling anyone about smoking weed.

The downside? Those brothers of the friends that you heard about music from, didn't make it back from the rice paddy of Vietnam. For every one hundred college students that just went to school, there were five that were SDS/Weathermen, the radicals. So, "For What It's Worth" hits home. And as far as "hipster" goes, you like what you like. What you like is what means something to you, it hits you in the heart, in the head. Like Heritic, I'm all over the place. It's one of our common ties.

Eegah

May 12, 2013
So the new Zaccaria Pinball update hit yesterday and uh...

SSsPfOT.png

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
So the new Zaccaria Pinball update hit yesterday and uh...
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Zaccaria tables are software only tables (I really do not know since I've never used the app), like Zen's which are created within the software realm and are not recreations nor emulations of actual tables. Maybe that's where the issue with TPA's tables/Season Pass and Apple's opposition lies. Farsight needs the actual real-life pinball machine to recreate the TPA emulation of the table...no real life table (or guarantee to secure one), no TPA table emulation, so Season Pass invalidated(?)...

EDIT: I read a bit about the Zaccaria app and it seems that their tables are real-life tables that are being recreated. However, these "three brothers" who began the company likely have all the permissions/rights along with the actual tables that they plan to offer in their Season Pass...

Or maybe Apple is just being difficult (not big news there). ;)

Last edited:

Buzz1126

Dec 27, 2013
Here is part of a reply that I recieved from Apple's customer. If anyone feels It may be out of context, I'll gladly post the entire email:

"...unfortunately, Apple doesn't manage, control, or maintain content that is purchasable from within an App. Only the developer of the App would be able to provide you with more information on this issue."

Naildriver74

Aug 2, 2013
Your right as much money they make off of us we should get a little respect. Sadly that's the way it is with some companies but not all.

Buzz1126

Dec 27, 2013
You know, when I sent in the first email, I was pretty sure that I wouldn't be able to change Apple's stance. It was simply my way of saying, hey I don't like what you did, at least tell me why.

The first three emails, I couldn't even get the person on the other end to understand what my question was. His first two emails were responses concerning the "quality of the app". He kept wanting to pass me off to the "third party developer" or the Apple feedback page.

He finally passed me off to his supervisor/manager/lead, who told me that Apple "couldn't comment on the prices of apps" and I should contact the developer. I wasn't going to go thru the bulls**t I went thru with the previous responder. I am a previous customer service manager, and I realize stalling tactics when I see them. So, I replied with my name, my home phone number, and my cellphone number, and requested the manager give me a call as sometimes ideas get lost in emails, where talking seems to clear things up.

When I got an email from the Apple Supervisor recapping my EXACT question, I was excited! She understood what I wanted, and could give me the explainaton of why the Season Three passes were no longer available. I got an email saing she was taking "personal ownership" of this and would get back to me. I got two more emails, telling me she was working on it.

Finally, after three levels of customer service.

After thirteen emails.

It all boiled down to:

"because we said so".

N

netizen

Finally, after three levels of customer service.

After thirteen emails.

It all boiled down to:

"because we said so".

I admire your perseverance, but given the walled garden approach and how Apple has arbitrarily decided to kneecap other application in the past "Just Cause" I am not surprised given their attitude and reasoning.

The next step may be to get FS to begin to take the season pass payments directly, and cut out APPL. Sure they deliver the content, but as long as you are signed in with your FS ID you should get the new content unlocked as it updates.

Naildriver74

Aug 2, 2013
Thanks Buzz for sticking with this most others would have said the hell with it. I knew that was Apples attitude but I thought they would have spun it differently. Again thanks for the effort now I will make future decisions with that in mind when it comes to apple.

PALADiN

Aug 14, 2013
You know, this is what happens when you use a pocket-sized babysitter. All it takes is a moment to turn off in-app purchases. Both of the previous sentences lead down a thread that leads to a wall just like this one has.

The reason I pointed that out is because the timing is consistent with when Farsight was first having issues (the release of Black Rose). It's most likely a policy change forced by this settlement.

Buzz1126

Dec 27, 2013
"Hello (my real name),

Thanks for getting back to me that you would like more information as to why this app is unable to provide in apps as seasons.

I have exalted your feedback up to your app review team, and the feedback has been noted.

At this time Apple considers this matter clearly addressed, any further replies about this will go un-responded to. If you have any new issues or questions about this iTunes Store account please feel free to reply and I would be more then happy to assist you."

Well, I guess this is over with. There are so many words I'd like to use right now, to describe this issue. But I won't. All I will say is, I tried.

Naildriver74

Aug 2, 2013
"Hello (my real name),

Thanks for getting back to me that you would like more information as to why this app is unable to provide in apps as seasons.

I have exalted your feedback up to your app review team, and the feedback has been noted.

At this time Apple considers this matter clearly addressed, any further replies about this will go un-responded to. If you have any new issues or questions about this iTunes Store account please feel free to reply and I would be more then happy to assist you."

Well, I guess this is over with. There are so many words I'd like to use right now, to describe this issue. But I won't. All I will say is, I tried.

I don't think your question ever reached a human.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts