From within Mod, can we save to each DMD file?

seattlemark

Jan 8, 2013
Hi folks, I have been away awhile, but am now back to using TPA and the wonderful FreeCamera Mod. I am using two monitors, so my DMD is on the Backglass. I am able to move the DMD around the Backglass while using the Mod and Overlay. From within the Mod itself once I have the DMD where I want it, is it possible to save the DMD settings to that table's .dmd file? (Similar to the way it can be done for the .cam files.) If not, is there some easy way to determine and permanently save the DMD settings for each individual table? (Without trial and error of manually typing in the numbers in each .dmd file and restarting to test that table.)

seattlemark

Jan 8, 2013
I found the answer through experimentation with the Free Camera Mod! And now I also see that in Robert Misner's great Guide to NoEx's great Free Camera Mod, Robert wrote:

When your satisfied with the position and size of the dmd, right click on the dmd to bring up the menu
and left click on Save DMD State to write a dmd.ini file for that table to the mod folder. This will save
these settings which will automatically be used from now on. For DMD specific tables, you can setup
one and copy those values to the settings.ini dmd section. This will make those settings the default,
there by ensuring all dmd screens are positioned the same.

(I had missed the above earlier today when I had only skimmed the Guide that I hadn't used in the several months while I was away.)

Last edited:

Busol

Dec 19, 2013
Hi all,
As I can find DMD X and Y position in settings.ini I cannot find the size means Width and Height. I have try to name it as in dmd.ini or something like DMDWidth but with no result. Can you help and answer which values in DMD section of settings.ini are for that ?

NoEx

Mar 12, 2015
The DMD X and Y position in the Settings.ini are just here to set a default value for the DMD when a table specific dmd file doesn't exist, when you're satisfied with the DMD size and position (you can move and resize it with your mouse), right click it and select "Save DMD state" option, table specific DMD file will be created in the DMD folder, it contains coordinates and size.

Busol

Dec 19, 2013
Thank you. (for Mod, bought you a beer :)
So in settings.ini I can set default position only and each DMD sise shall be set separately ?

NoEx

Mar 12, 2015
Thanks for the beer ;)

Yes that's it, move the dmd and resize it then right click and select "Save DMD state", later you can make a copy of your dmd files and rename them with the table name if the DMD size and position is the same on this particular table.

Busol

Dec 19, 2013
Thanks for the mod :)
As I am new one with Mod one more question
I could not start it yesterday with info that it support TPA up to 1.33.16
and I can see the TPA is higher.

I assume that it is normal and shall wait for mod update or is there any way to use current version with new TPA ?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.