Request General Wish List Thread

SlamCitySkates

Sep 20, 2012
Ive wanted the fixed camera controls for quite some while now.

But anyway, the next stage for me would be 'Timed pinball'

For instance on AFM, how about a stats screen under the table menu for:
Shortest time to Rule The Universe
Shortest time between Total Annihilations
Longest single Total Annihilation
Shortest time to Super Jackpot in the multiball
etc etc.
About 10 stats per table would give the tables more life - especially as I get no extra longevity from the leaderboards as I cant seem to be able to post a score on them anymore!

Id also like way more imagination in the trophy section!

Mad07

Feb 13, 2013
One wish for a table
Getaway high Speed 2 from Williams
Flight 2000
F14 TOMCAT (one of the fastest one in the world)
would be nice

Gesendet von meinem A510 mit Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
One wish for a table
Getaway high Speed 2 from Williams
Flight 2000
F14 TOMCAT (one of the fastest one in the world)
would be nice

Gesendet von meinem A510 mit Tapatalk 2

You might not have noticed, but Flight 2000 BARELY won the classic Stern poll and will come this fall.

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
I'd like to see that you can stay in 'table mode' after the current game ends, tied in with credits so replays become valuable again.

When the game ends, and you have no credits, nothing changes. But if you have credit(s), you either get the highscore entry or you just go straight to a little unobtrusive screen to "go back [O]" or "continue [X]" (to accommodate new players), while the table simulation keeps on running (as opposed to cutting it off right now). If you continue, it's like you pressed "start" and a new ball is served, taking one of your credits. If you go back, it would go where it goes now.

I'm asking this because I don't like the way it's done now; it feels more like starting a *new TPA game* with what happens to be the same table rather than that I am using a credit or throwing in quarter(s) to start a new game *on the table*. This will enhance realism.

Munky

Apr 28, 2013
A minor quibble.... Please stop changing the icon with every table pack, have one set icon and leave it alone. I'm tired of having to change the icon to a generic looking pinball icon every time there's an update.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
A minor quibble.... Please stop changing the icon with every table pack, have one set icon and leave it alone. I'm tired of having to change the icon to a generic looking pinball icon every time there's an update.

What's the big deal about the changing icon? I know that it's not standard, in fact I can't think of any other app that does this with version changes but why does it bother you to the point that you need to change to a "generic looking pinball"?

RetroDude

Mar 24, 2012
What's the big deal about the changing icon? I know that it's not standard, in fact I can't think of any other app that does this with version changes but why does it bother you to the point that you need to change to a "generic looking pinball"?

I can only speak for myself but why should the icon for "The Pinball Arcade" say "Centaur"?

I've purchased 30 tables, not one!

Besides, using the graphic font for the specific table name is practically illegible at that size.
(At least for an iOS icon)

Heck, you even say yourself how the changing icon isn't standard behavior.
The standard behavior BECAME standard behavior for a reason!

An App icon is supposed to be a easy to identify graphic representation for the specific program.
Indeed, many companies go to great lengths to come up with a specific icon to represent their brand and have even had expensive court battles over them.

FarSight is throwing away any brand recognition they have by changing the icon with every release.

You should NEVER have to think twice or have to examine an App icon closely to determine what program it represents.

A generic pinball icon?
Why not!?!
This is "THE" Pinball App for people wanting accurate representations of real pinball machines/tables.

I understand EXACTLY where Munky is coming from.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
Me too! I just felt like messing with him a bit. ;) It's crazy that the app icon changes every month. Like I said, this is the ONLY iOS app that I'm aware of that does this, and there's a helluva lot of apps.

DeeEff

Feb 28, 2013
...FarSight is throwing away any brand recognition they have by changing the icon with every release.

You should NEVER have to think twice or have to examine an App icon closely to determine what program it represents.

A generic pinball icon?
Why not!?!
This is "THE" Pinball App for people wanting accurate representations of real pinball machines/tables.

I understand EXACTLY where Munky is coming from.
+1

As insignificant as it is (compared to the app itself), I think TPA's app icon should remain static.

Just think of how much time FarSight's "icon guy" wastes every month - get him fixing long-standing bugs instead. (I know, I know, it's an Art job as opposed to coding gameplay - cross-train the guy!)

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
+1

As insignificant as it is (compared to the app itself), I think TPA's app icon should remain static.

Just think of how much time FarSight's "icon guy" wastes every month - get him fixing long-standing bugs instead. (I know, I know, it's an Art job as opposed to coding gameplay - cross-train the guy!)

Well said, I've always thought it odd that it changes every month. There's no need.

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
Zaccaria Pinball also changed with the last update, though theirs was more subtle with adding an icon relevant to the new release to the app icon.

Frankly I don't see a problem and other apps do this as well without "harming the brand" so that's nonsense - Angry Birds Seasons anyone? I like it and hope they never change it!

Munky

Apr 28, 2013
I am totally OCD about how my icons look and are arranged on my iPad. Others I change because I can't stand the icon the developers use. For TPA, I use the blue color icon from Pinball Deluxe HD, I've used the other one before it. I'd like to see FS come up with something similar to the one I currently use.
y4yzuvuh.jpg
adutaryv.jpg

clembo2021

Apr 3, 2013
I think one of the most important things FS needs to add is refining the flipper control. To my knowledge you can do a tap pass on every real life table ever made (with varying degrees of success, much like post passes). It would also allow for cradle separations. Right now if you press the flipper, it will go all the way up, even if you only touch the flipper for a split second. I would think all they'd need to do to allow for finer control is only allow the flipper to go up/down for as long as you press down. So if you tap and let go when the flipper is 1/4 of the way up, it stops right there.

Has Farsight said anything about fixing this? I think it would greatly increase the playability of ALL tables, especially ones with multiball.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
I am totally OCD about how my icons look and are arranged on my iPad. Others I change because I can't stand the icon the developers use. For TPA, I use the blue color icon from Pinball Deluxe HD, I've used the other one before it. I'd like to see FS come up with something similar to the one I currently use.

Hey Munky, how about this one? I resized to fit all iOS resolutions...
pinballarcadedlc144x144.png
pinballarcadedlc114x114.png
pinballarcadedlc72x72.png
pinballarcadedlc57x57.png

Mystakill

Oct 29, 2012
I'd love to see table purchases tied to our FarSight accounts, rather than each platform's "app store". While there are some who will happily re-purchase tables on multiple platforms, the vast majority of consumers will not (especially Xbox owners :) This would provide greater incentive to purchase the recently-added season passes, and extortionate "Pro" functionality (I'm only interested in table viewing & am not willing to spend extra for what should have been a standard feature from the beginning).

I've purchased all but two tables on iOS, and am currently considering switching to an Android phone in the near future. As much as I'd love to be able to play TPBA on said new device, I'm not one of those who is willing to pay for the same tables all over again. FS could easily add this ability, which would also alleviate much angst for those on currently-abandoned platforms.

Also, it'd be nice if we could select multiple tables to download from the management screen. The current table-at-a-time download method is very tedious. In addition, we have to click through the history dialog before we can hit the Exit button in order to get to downloading the next table. With the recent update requiring many of us to delete the app in order to get it working again, this would have been greatly appreciated.

Finally, I'd prefer to have a single, static app icon. There's no reason to update the app every single month just to change the icon. If there under-the-hood changes necessary, then change it. Otherwise, the monthly updates seem very unnecessary.

Last edited:

RetroDude

Mar 24, 2012
"FS could easily add this ability"?

Really?
I don't think so.

Unless someone comes up with some magical way to rewrite the contracts with the distribution partners for every platform, this will not happen.

N

netizen

Finally, I'd prefer to have a single, static app icon. There's no reason to update the app every single month just to change the icon. If there under-the-hood changes necessary, then change it. Otherwise, the monthly updates seem very unnecessary.

I guess you don't like having patches and new tables every month?

If it were just a new icon each month d'you really think this app would have such a following, or that there would be more than the original 4 tables from the core pack?

You did realize that the Icon changed to signify a table that is in the new release that particular month, right? It isn't just changed to some random pinball game name for ****s and giggles.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I'd love to see table purchases tied to our FarSight accounts, rather than each platform's "app store". While there are some who will happily re-purchase tables on multiple platforms, the vast majority of consumers will not (especially Xbox owners :) This would provide greater incentive to purchase the recently-added season passes, and extortionate "Pro" functionality (I'm only interested in table viewing & am not willing to spend extra for what should have been a standard feature from the beginning).

I've purchased all but two tables on iOS, and am currently considering switching to an Android phone in the near future. As much as I'd love to be able to play TPBA on said new device, I'm not one of those who is willing to pay for the same tables all over again. FS could easily add this ability, which would also alleviate much angst for those on currently-abandoned platforms.

Also, it'd be nice if we could select multiple tables to download from the management screen. The current table-at-a-time download method is very tedious. In addition, we have to click through the history dialog before we can hit the Exit button in order to get to downloading the next table. With the recent update requiring many of us to delete the app in order to get it working again, this would have been greatly appreciated.

Each platform owner (Sony, Google, etc.) want to get their cut and won't support something like this. More importantly like you said there are some that will happily pay for tables on each platform so why would FS give up this revenue?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.