Ghostbusters pinball feedback

Ghostbusters highlights the humor of the original Ghostbusters film released in 1984. It was designed by John Trudeau to be easy to play but difficult to master

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
How much are tokens, anyway?

$0.99 for 10, $1.99 for all-day play.

1 free token every 4 hours, or 1 token every 2 hours if you have TPA installed (the App doesn't have to be running to accumulate free tokens; nobody knows what the limit is yet, if there is one).

Compare to Candy Crush Saga - $0.99 for 5 lives, 1 free life every 30 minutes. Yes, 1 life can get you through multiple levels, but you can also just as easily burn through 5 lives in a couple of minutes. Also you can be gifted lives by FB friends.

So far there is a basic pricing model for GB. I think there's room for improvement, the obvious being awarding Replays/Specials/Matches as extra credits (with some obvious game difficulty tweaks to go along with that).

So far I've not needed to buy tokens. I use up all my GB tokens (gotta kill Stay Puft... finish the Wizard Goals... then maybe I quit) and go play in TPA after that.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Considering how often I play this, I'm gonna have thousands of tokens by the time I play again.

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
You do realize that we have to pay to play just about everything? I still see redemption games in arcades that require payment. Pinball machines do this, too.

Uh, yes I realise that. There's nowhere near me I can go and pay to play real pinball, but I pay to play them whenever I see a game in a pub. I'm sure we all do. So I shelled out loads of cash to buy some real pinball machines, do you think I should pay someone else when I play those? No way, of course not.

Same goes for when we all paid to 'buy' a virtual TZ or AFM or whatever in TPA - do you think therefore we would be happy, any of us, if they somehow decided they're gonna change the agreement and lock us out of playing it whenever we want, unless we pay them some more every so often, even for those games? Dude, that would suck big time.

So now they release a game we never saw in real life as it never existed, and this time it's on limited play unless we pay again and again. Don't you realise they're setting up for a situation where a future TPA table is just the same?

Back to my own real life machine in a hypothetical similar scenario to what Farsight is teeing up: now I don't get to 'own' it at all. I have to pay a lump sum and give it space and electricity and parts and attention, but now apparently I have to swipe my hypothetical credit card on it if I want to play my own machine? Stuff that, dude.

Seriously, we should not be supporting this Ghostbusters venture at all, unless we want, a year from now, to be playing some new game in TPA like Lord of the Rings, and to find we have to pay Farsight (and maybe they pay Stern, and maybe Wingnut Films, and maybe Elijah Wood) every time we want to play the bloody thing. If you don't want that, don't buy this.

/rant over.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
Seriously, we should not be supporting this Ghostbusters venture at all, unless we want, a year from now, to be playing some new game in TPA like Lord of the Rings, and to find we have to pay Farsight (and maybe they pay Stern, and maybe Wingnut Films, and maybe Elijah Wood) every time we want to play the bloody thing. If you don't want that, don't buy this.

this is has already been answered with:

We assure all of you, we will never change the model for TPA

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
Buy a DVD, watch it once, then put it on the shelf. Oh, I forgot to say that if you want to watch it again, you have to pay again.

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
Back to my own real life machine in a hypothetical similar scenario to what Farsight is teeing up: now I don't get to 'own' it at all. I have to pay a lump sum and give it space and electricity and parts and attention, but now apparently I have to swipe my hypothetical credit card on it if I want to play my own machine? Stuff that, dude.
Nah. Set it up to accept quarters. Your firends and neighbors have to chink money into it, and so do you. But you're the one holding the key to the coin door, so you can technically recycle those quarters as many times as you want.

With the Ghostbusters table, Farsight and whatever app store controls your device own the keys to the coin door. Since it awards tokens based on the hour, maybe you could cheat the game by tampering with the system clock? :rolleyes:

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
Put your device into airplane mode (so it can't self update the time), close the GB app, and manually adjust the system clock forward by about a week. Reopen the app, and see how many extra tokens you've earned... :rolleyes:

Can somebody confirm if this works? I don't have a device to test it on.

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
Put your device into airplane mode (so it can't self update the time), close the GB app, and manually adjust the system clock forward by about a week. Reopen the app, and see how many extra tokens you've earned... :rolleyes:

Can somebody confirm if this works? I don't have a device to test it on.

Sounds like a great idea lol

Baramos

Aug 18, 2013
It's a fun little diversion, and it's free. What more could I want? I wouldn't mind buying it on PS3 at some point, I suppose. As long as it's only $2.50 or maybe 3.00. I'd only buy it to add to my collection, as in many ways I like HH more for its, uh, charm. Like Genie.

Hearing that there's no limit on how many tokens you can rack up over time pretty much assures I won't be paying anything for it, as well, as I barely have time to play games nowadays.

I've been playing it on iPad so far. No bugs at this point but we'll see what pops up.

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
I convinced my fiance to let me download it on her Galaxy 4. She's got TPA although she hasn't spent a dime on it. We haven't tried playing the GB table yet. I'm not a big fan of touchpad games, honestly.

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
Don't understand the turmoil, either about paying per play. It would maybe a smart move to sell it to those who want it.

I don't see any advantage over HH. I never had too many problems with the gap, it's not like lightning flippers. Multiball on 3 levels with milky windows isn't a pleasure, either. In the long run it's an uninstall candidate.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
The point is this GB table is meh. No surprises that people have plenty of unused tokens.

But imagine FS has released a mod table that is a pure blast, it would be different, imo.

mc_mc

Dec 23, 2012
Have been playing it the last few days, it seems fairly hard (still trying to get the last "normal" goal , extra ball) so that's good. I would pay $3-$4 to unlock it for free play permanently, but not $2 for a day pass. Which is fine, no one's forcing me to pay anything and I don't mind having a few goes on it now and then as the credits build back up. No annoying adverts etc. which is another direction they could of tried.

So I'm going to say "FS, thank you for the table!". I hope it'll be successful for them and we'll see more tables like this to play for free (after waiting a few hours).

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I thinks it's good for a play now and then, but I don't understand how they are going to make any money on this.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.