Hardest multiballs to maintain

Which of these has the hardest multiball to keep going? (Up to 5)

• Phantom of the opera

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Fish tales

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Black knight 2000

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Black knight

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Dr dude

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Firepower

• Flight 2000

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Space shuttle

• Taxi

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Whirlwind

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Bram stoker's Dracula

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Class of 1812

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Diner

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Creature from the black lagoon

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Champion pub

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
It'd kinda mess things up if they swapped that goal. Can you imagine all the negative feedback? It'd be one of those things like, 'you changed the goal for this, so why can't you change the goal for this?'. Ya know? Kinda set in stone. but yeah, I agree that HAREM is ridiculous. It's doable, but I've had a couple of times where I've had to do the standard goals over again, and it's a pain.

ThePinballFan

Jan 3, 2015
It'd kinda mess things up if they swapped that goal. Can you imagine all the negative feedback? It'd be one of those things like, 'you changed the goal for this, so why can't you change the goal for this?'. Ya know? Kinda set in stone. but yeah, I agree that HAREM is ridiculous. It's doable, but I've had a couple of times where I've had to do the standard goals over again, and it's a pain.

I agree.
Yesterday I played Zen FX2 Pinball on my xbox360, played just two different Pins and broke the highscore at the first attempt.
It seems to get the ramp for Harem multiball is a good training unit.
Overall TPA is harder as Zen.
Was a fan of Zen, now I prefer TPA and the realistic Pins over flashy graphics and the easy arcade play.
TPA feels well rounded.

Last edited:

whoozwah

Oct 30, 2014
I can't do anything with Bride of Pinbot multiball. 1 ball does in the drain as soon as it starts no matter what it seems.

BigFoot HotFoot

Apr 3, 2015
I vote Diner. If you don't keep them away from each other by launching the first one up a ramp or something, it's gets hairy.

Sometimes multi-ball can throw off your momentum and mess up a nice game in any table.

Stormchook

Apr 4, 2015
"The Power" can be brutal (TAF). At least once, it has simultaneously dumped a ball down each outlane, and has disposed of the 3rd down the guts..

MWink

Jan 13, 2013
For me, it's probably a tie between Theatre of Magic and The Addams Family. I don't know why but I just can't keep multi-ball going in ToM. One ball almost always drains right away and the second usually isn't far behind. On the other hand, I'm fairly good at hitting the 100M shot right as multi-ball starts.

In my opinion, The Addams Family has the absolute worst multi-ball implementation of any Lawlor table currently in TPA. I have yet to find a way to reliably set up a jackpot shot. If I get one, it's usually just from random flailing. The (sadistic) Power just makes things even worse. This is one table where I actually try to AVOID starting multi-ball.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
Jack*Bot deserves a place in this poll and thread. That multiball often goes really quick, even for me. No ball saver. There's no loopable shots or any place to get balls out of the way even briefly. They just keep crashing around the flippers until something drains. Takes a lot of skill to get control and make any kind of controlled shots at the jackbots or visor.

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
For me, it's probably a tie between Theatre of Magic and The Addams Family. I don't know why but I just can't keep multi-ball going in ToM. One ball almost always drains right away and the second usually isn't far behind. On the other hand, I'm fairly good at hitting the 100M shot right as multi-ball starts.

In my opinion, The Addams Family has the absolute worst multi-ball implementation of any Lawlor table currently in TPA. I have yet to find a way to reliably set up a jackpot shot. If I get one, it's usually just from random flailing. The (sadistic) Power just makes things even worse. This is one table where I actually try to AVOID starting multi-ball.

What I do is catch the balls as multiball starts. It kick out left, right, then left, meaning you'll have two balls on the left flipper (though sometimes one of the left flippers balls will try to drain). After catching the balls, I shoot a backhander from the right flipper to the right side of the bookcase (greed target), usually resulting in a chance at the jackpot. Sometimes The Power interferes.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
The main thing to remember about TAF multiball is, you only need 2 balls. So deliberately drain the first. Then you can always catch one one each flipper. Next backhand the bookshelf with the right flipper, time it right and you're lined up for a shot for the 2x/3x jackpot. True it gets more difficult after that but multiball really isn't the best way to score in TAF.

Oh and don't forget that cradling the balls for 10 seconds or so turns off The Power until a switch is hit.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.