High lod model beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

danivempire

Oct 26, 2013
I finally tested it on my galaxy s3 and it runs smooth and all. I thought that on a smaller screen the details would not make a huge difference but actually it does ^^
So... note 10.1 and SGS3 runs fine with hilod ^^

We understand you won't have time at the moment to work on this.
Of course... you are working on the new table aren't you?
And secretly working hidden in a shed deep in the woods, working to bring us the addams family huh?
ADMIT IT YOU SON OF A *BIIIIIP*.

sorry guys I lost it... just tried to make him confess...

^^

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
not had chance to look at many tables to see differences. T2 looks nice but seems to drop a few frames on my original Nexus 7. Not played in a long time so maybe it always did this.

danivempire

Oct 26, 2013
not had chance to look at many tables to see differences. T2 looks nice but seems to drop a few frames on my original Nexus 7. Not played in a long time so maybe it always did this.

Did you try to put the hilod off to see if you still have frame rate issue?

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Minor graphics bug.
Running latest beta ver.
Tee'd off plunge lane partially obscured by black object.
Don't know if this is hi-lod issue or was present before.
(hi-lod beta image below)
supuha6e.jpg

Edit - it is a hi-lod issue. Just temporarily restored market version, and the plunge lane is free of obstructions.
(Market release image below).
ju8y3yhu.jpg

Last edited:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Heads up Ryan...I am now finding new issues on various tables with the Detail setting set to "Low" (could you possibly rename this to "Normal"). I will begin testing all tables with the "Low" Detail setting when I get off work later tonight.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
new issues? That is bizarre, those models shouldn't have changed, I know I didn't change the headers =\

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Heads up Ryan...I am now finding new issues on various tables with the Detail setting set to "Low" (could you possibly rename this to "Normal"). I will begin testing all tables with the "Low" Detail setting when I get off work later tonight.

Can't repro - Just done a very quick test with latest ver4 hilod beta installed.
With detail = low and randomly tested about 8 tables without seeing any issues.

Ran out of play time now. Back to work.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Can't repro - Just done a very quick test with latest ver4 hilod beta installed.
With detail = low and randomly tested about 8 tables without seeing any issues.

Ran out of play time now. Back to work.

Check Tee'd Off...The glass over the Golfer wheel is no longer transparent here with Detail set to "Low".

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Pop bumpers look wrong, too solid - Dr Dude (both hi & low lod)
Firepower - right lock lane - transparency issue (high & low lod)
Haunted House - lower level score should have 6 digits lit
ezyduna3.jpg

TPA (high & low has only 5)
equta2uv.jpg

Monster Bash (hi lod only) - what's this? Doesn't look right to ipdb.
udytavej.jpg

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Rbion (hi & low lod) temple ramp cover plastic & others should be transparent.
jyma3emy.jpg

Tee'd off (low lod) gopher wheel glass not transparent as mentioned previously.
TZ (high & low lod) - pop bumper caps missing screws.
zeqyna8u.jpg

Thats my spots on a full table run through.
Another pair of eyes will probably show more.

Whirlwind looks stunning this build.

Last edited:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
The Ripley's transparent ramps have been that way since TPA was first released, so those more than likely won't be changed as the art team would have to handle that.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Ok Ryan, here are the results of the Beta low level of detail vs. Market release for the first 20 tables. Issues are highlighted in red and need attention. Notable improvements are highlighted in green and are fine as is.

Galaxy S4 running Android 4.4.2 / High lod model beta with Detail set to "Low" / Beta release vs. Market release

Attack from Mars : OK

Big Shot : OK

Black Hole : All blue pop bumpers have a low poly count and appear as octagons.

Black Knight : OK - Playfield light cutouts have been improved and look very clean.

Black Knight 2000 : Missing the metal hook that connects the bottom end of the upper-to-lower playfield wire ramp to the top corner of the right slingshot plastic.

Black Rose : OK

Bride of Pin•Bot : OK

Cactus Canyon : OK

Centaur : OK - Transparencies on the edges of all plastics are now fixed (transparent).

Central Park : OK

Champion Pub : OK

Cirqus Voltaire : The "Ring 1", "Ring 2" and "Ring 3" playfield cutout graphics, the Panther/Polar Bear playfield graphic (left side of the playfield above the Mangerie Ball) and the "Join The Cirqus" playfield graphic (center of the playfield) are low res (they all have a jaggy appearance now).

Class of 1812 : OK

Creature from the Black Lagoon : OK - Decals on the plastics ramps no longer have the black boxes around them.

Cue Ball Wizard : OK

Dr. Dude : OK

El Dorado : City of Gold : OK

Elvira and the Party Monsters : The transparent Monster Slide ramp is now a dark charcoal black color instead of white. The Party Punch sign is now transparent.

Firepower : OK

Fish Tales : OK

Last edited:

francis247uk

Jul 7, 2012
Runs beautifully on my Galaxy S3, only thing I'dike to see is the option to switch on ball reflection - only jarring difference when compared to the iOS version now

Mad07

Feb 13, 2013
seen during start

dy3ubape.jpg

The rest of the text is missing

btw: an old typo is still there

varyze5a.jpg

It should be an Umlaut = 'ü" or “ue“ is also correct (full word "verfügbaren“ or " verfuegbaren“) or in short form "Alle Tische bereits gekauft"

Last edited:

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Runs beautifully on my Galaxy S3, only thing I'dike to see is the option to switch on ball reflection - only jarring difference when compared to the iOS version now

It looks like it had it to me. Haven't seen a iOS device, so can't be sure.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
won't be until Monday or Tuesday at the latest, they have me working on some other stuff but they are ironing out the major bugs in the ios forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts