High lod model beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
I'll try to take a look at a few of these, but I can tell you right off the bat the lower lods for black hole do look octagonal, I had overridden that for the previous builds, but when I put in the option I put it back to the way it was supposed to be.

Also the blackknight 2000 missing piece was intentional I believe. Is it in the higher lods? To lower the level of detail sometimes artists take out pieces and simplify others.

the other two I have no idea I would have to take a look.

Ok Ryan, here are the results of the Beta low level of detail vs. Market release for the first 20 tables. Issues are highlighted in red and need attention. Notable improvements are highlighted in green and are fine as is.

Galaxy S4 running Android 4.4.2 / High lod model beta with Detail set to "Low" / Beta release vs. Market release

Attack from Mars : OK

Big Shot : OK

Black Hole : All blue pop bumpers have a low poly count and appear as octagons.

Black Knight : OK - Playfield light cutouts have been improved and look very clean.

Black Knight 2000 : Missing the metal hook that connects the bottom end of the upper-to-lower playfield wire ramp to the top corner of the right slingshot plastic.

Black Rose : OK

Bride of Pin•Bot : OK

Cactus Canyon : OK

Centaur : OK - Transparencies on the edges of all plastics are now fixed (transparent).

Central Park : OK

Champion Pub : OK

Cirqus Voltaire : The "Ring 1", "Ring 2" and "Ring 3" playfield cutout graphics, the Panther/Polar Bear playfield graphic (left side of the playfield above the Mangerie Ball) and the "Join The Cirqus" playfield graphic (center of the playfield) are low res (they all have a jaggy appearance now).

Class of 1812 : OK

Creature from the Black Lagoon : OK - Decals on the plastics ramps no longer have the black boxes around them.

Cue Ball Wizard : OK

Dr. Dude : OK

El Dorado : City of Gold : OK

Elvira and the Party Monsters : The transparent Monster Slide ramp is now a dark charcoal black color instead of white. The Party Punch sign is now transparent.

Firepower : OK

Fish Tales : OK

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Thanks for looking into these issues Ryan. I'll try to get the rest of the tables checked later tonight or early tomorrow morning.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
sounds good, appreciate it. As long as the major issues are stomped out I'm not worried and this will roll out with the next update.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
made it shorter and scroll, landscape looks ok.

Options menu is crowded now.

ema2yqej.jpg

Could you not implement a sub menu?

You could reorder the menu items and put things like "Credits" and "Our Mission" down the bottom. Also group all graphics settings together.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
i you delete the file and redownload this should be fixed.

Thanks...will check it out when I get home.

Also, can you please check the High LOD transparency issue of the blue plastic over the right inlane on White Water and the High LOD dark color issue of the Monster Slide ramp on Elvira and the Party Monsters (same issue as the Low LOD table)?

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
Ill look into those but unfortunately I think for this round that is all I am going to be able to address due to time constraints with other tasks. Feel free to keep reporting issues though after this week settles down I might have time to take a look and purge res files for minor issues.

Thanks...will check it out when I get home.

Also, can you please check the High LOD transparency issue of the blue plastic over the right inlane on White Water and the High LOD dark color issue of the Monster Slide ramp on Elvira and the Party Monsters (same issue as the Low LOD table)?

Last edited:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Ill look into those but unfortunately I think for this round that is all I am going to be able to address due to time constraints with other tasks. Feel free to keep reporting issues though after this week settles down I might have time to take a look and purge res files for minor issues.

Not a problem...there doesn't seem to be any major issues so anything else I report should be minor.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
On my nexus 7 (2012) Black Knight crashes completely along with another table (I have to go back and find out which one again. I used table management to clear the rez and re download each and they still crash.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
On my nexus 7 (2012) Black Knight crashes completely along with another table (I have to go back and find out which one again. I used table management to clear the rez and re download each and they still crash.

I've got the same hardware, but no issues. Mine is running stock KK4.4.2 rooted.

Can you use file explorer to see the size of the data for the rez files in question.
Black Knight should = 8.23mb
qy8u3a3e.jpg

When I was getting bum files a while back, the size of the file was about 1/2mb or less when downloaded.

Last edited:

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
I'm trying to track down a crash so that I can post WD...its a strange one though, anyone having issues with the CDN lately?

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
meh I hate our cdn. It "magically" went away. Must have been a bad file not the code *sigh*. I will make a new thread when its ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts