High Speed or The Getaway: High Speed II?

francis247uk

Jul 7, 2012
Both.

Then Jack Bot.

Then Black Knight 2000.

Then Earth Shaker.

It's cool having a complete collection of table and thier sequels, seeing the evolution and so forth.

I'd also just like to see full (or close to it) Richie/Lawlor pinographies. So Banzai Run, Earth Shaker, Road Show, F-14, No Fear, Monopoly, Roller Coaster Tycoon, Nascar to name a few more.

100% agree

yuriijos

Dec 26, 2012
I think The Getaway would be the ultimate addition to TPA. The additional button would be used to shift gears. Please FS, make this table happen!

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
+! High Speed.

Sady, I only own the 8-bit port of it on the NES, but I would much prefer to play the real thing, without the stupid Apache helicopters, moneybags, and ball gobbling road slicks which completely break the flow of gameplay.

I've watched side by side videos of High Speed and Getaway pinball gameplay, and while I believe that the racing minigame adds a unique mechanic to Getaway and makes excellent use of the DMD display, it's really just a port of Atari style games such as Night Driver or Enduro. I also like how the police beakon on High Speed really makes you feel like you're actually in the chase.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts