How do I set up a box score thingy like some posters here have?

Ozzpot

May 5, 2012
1). Click on "Settings" in the top right of the web page (next to "My Profile").

2). Then, click on "Edit Signature" which is one of the option on the left.

3). You get a box exactly like you do when you post on the forum with which you can create a signature. One of the icons at the top of this box lets you create a table. It's the first icon on the bottom row. Click that.

4). Choose how many rows you want. As it stands on the 360, I'd recommend 2 rows, 4 columns (as there are 8 tables). I'd use a width of 600-800 (I think mine is 700), but remember if people are viewing on small screens it may be cut off if it's too wide. I'd recommend a full grid border too, and perhaps center alignment but that's up to you.

5). When you've set it up, click on the little A/A icon, top left. This will put it in WYSIWIG mode, meaning you will see your table as it will look, not the raw code. Far less confusing for a non-coder to work with. You can enter the scores in the boxes as you please, and use the third line of icons to add rows or columns or adjust the table in other ways. Thanks bavelb - I never noticed this option! I've been editing code!

6). If you want further embellish it, you can select rows of the table and click on "font" and choose something that'll stand out. For some reason it glitches a little if you select the whole table at once and change font. Best do it one row at a time. You can also select parts to be bold. I'm sure you can work out how to do that if you don't already know.

I have made my own to show you, although my scores aren't really up to much.

I'll be checking in to see if you need further help or have any questions. Thanks bavelb for your input. Have edited to include your suggestion. Much easier solution now.

Last edited:

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
If you want to make life easier, after step 2/3 you can click the top left Icon (the one with the A's) to get WYSIWYG mode.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I really like these. Amazing the scores that many of you have achieved. But I figure that there will soon be so many tables that the signature will get too cumbersome, so I figure I wouldn't bother. Plus my scores are kinda weak and no one wants to be the small guy in the locker room. :eek:

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
I really like these. Amazing the scores that many of you have achieved. But I figure that there will soon be so many tables that the signature will get too cumbersome, so I figure I wouldn't bother. Plus my scores are kinda weak and no one wants to be the small guy in the locker room. :eek:
Myea I can see it becoming messy after 16 or so tables (if the 1000 chars limit even allows that with BB code. I might trim out the scores for tables I don't care to play that much after that.

Brandon Debes

Mar 29, 2012
I really wish there were an API to the leaderboards so I could just whip up a website to track our community's scores automatically. I do this for the Battlefield community on my main forum, but the key component I would need to build it out here is missing. :(

Brandon Debes

Mar 29, 2012
Is that the only device you own capable of browsing the web? That sounds like hell. Why do you pay for Internet access if that's the case? You don't have any computer? Ask around to see if any friends or cow-orkers have an old one they're not using anymore. :(

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012

"his" scores are kind of weak , I would trust this community not to troll about scores , so allow me to show you it's safe , offtopic ME TV just announced Serling's Night Gallery in the new line up for Fall< .

I'll bet my Vita scores are higher than these which are my PS3 High scores currently.
and my score table sig does not work?

Last edited:

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
As a representative of "The PS3 is my only browser" club, I feel lucky enough just being able to post.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
"his" scores are kind of weak , I would trust this community not to troll about scores , so allow me to show you it's safe , offtopic ME TV just announced Serling's Night Gallery in the new line up for Fall< .

I'll bet my Vita scores are higher than these which are my PS3 High scores currently.
and my score table sig does not work?

I can't wait to set my DVR for Night Gallery. The first two season were awesome. But we are losing Cannon. So I guess it evens out. And my scores are weak compared to the ones I see posted around this forum. I wasn' kidding. I don't know how people do it. Tis magic I say.....the blackest of magic

laughing_lunatic

Jun 6, 2012
Mine finally started working too , as Kolchak can see I'm lightweight compared to most of you .

As long as you enjoy playing mate, that's the main thing.... and don't compare yourself to ParallaxScrolll, that's some super human, must be in league with Satan scoring... 28M on Black Hole :eek: I think my high score on that table is about 47.

I tried to do a fancy box thingie, but for some reason, after I set the column width, when I typed inside it, it just got wider and wider and wider... :confused:

Last edited:

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
The 1000 character thing dosnt allow for more than 6 colums? I tried to space with 7 and I couldn't preview it. I had it set 500.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Yeah that BH score is amazing. My best is 760k. Can seem to get close to a million. Id like to see some video of these great scores. Maybe I can pick up some strategy pointers. The signature boxes look great. Is it tough to update after they are made?

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
Yeah that BH score is amazing. My best is 760k. Can seem to get close to a million. Id like to see some video of these great scores. Maybe I can pick up some strategy pointers. The signature boxes look great. Is it tough to update after they are made?
You go into your profile settings and erase a number and type in a new one , it could not be simpler.

ParallaxScroll

Aug 21, 2012
I tried to do a fancy box thingie, but for some reason, after I set the column width, when I typed inside it, it just got wider and wider and wider... :confused:

The same thing happened to me. Once I had something filled in for every column the sizes returned to normal.

Thank you both laughing_lunatic and Kolchak357 for the kind words! My Black Hole strategy is pretty simple, but I'll post an overview of what I do in the BH forum when I have a moment.

Is it tough to update after they are made?

Couldn't be simpler. Just go back into Edit Signature and type in the new number.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.