i nearly got arrested today because of pinball

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
i went to collect my Shadow today from the lockup, so i could take pics and list it for sale, and enjoy it again at home before it gets bought.

i was just heaving it into the back of my car, when a French bloke pulled up alongside and told me he had just put down the phone after calling 999 and telling the police he was watching someone with a firearm. he said he was watching me holding a gun and grunting into a vehicle, as if i was attacking someone with it. luckily at the last minute, he also noticed the huge pinball machine attached to the gun, and told them not to scramble their SWAT team.

goodoldphotoshop_zps360b8c78.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

so when i got home, i recreated the scene for my own enjoyment. in my version, the cops showed up, horns and flashing lights everywhere. Freeze!, they shouted, pointing weapons at me. then all the fit bird cops started undressing and wanting to play pinball with me .......

/sigh

karl

May 10, 2012
Fantastic! More pinball stories like this, please.

PS! And not a bad illustration either :)

Edit: You gave me something to think about when I pick up my Shadow soon. Keep that gun holstered. The police force over here do not look anything like that :(

Last edited:

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
F'ing FRENCHIE! suprised he didn't just run away. You got that to fit in a Fit? :p

in a Honda Jazz. i've had about 10 different pins in it, Bally/Williams, Sega, Stern, DE, even Gottliebs (though i had to loosen the head and move it down a bit)

it's all about the height at the back between the tailgate and the trim at the top. nice and wide in the Jazz, much better than many bigger estate cars. in the UK we even have a regularly-updated document in one of my pinball groups which lists what games go in what cars, and more importantly what doesn't.

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
... we even have a regularly-updated document in one of my pinball groups which lists what games go in what cars, and more importantly what doesn't...

This is so many flavors of awesome. So many times I've gone to IKEA and then wondered if the flatpack box I just bought would fit in my car.

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
95% of all cars in UK are manual so yes. Is that what you have then?

Assuming what you have is the same as a Honda Jazz in the UK, congratulations, as its widely heralded among nerdy pin circles as one of the best pin transporters.

Last edited:

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
I couldn't give a cr@p about what you recreate for your own enjoyment, but didn't you rip Tor a new a-hole about posting fantasised made up ****e and skits last week.
This is a little bit double standard.

And for the love of Christ - Man-up, a Honda Jazz!!!

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
Hello Baron Rubik :D

I'm not sure I ripped into him for his strange skits and vids and pics, I just complained that in 3 of his first 5 posts he was choosing to pick on another member (because that person complained that his pics etc had nothing to do with pinball). But ok, it's double standards if you like!

Regarding cars, yes I had the same sense of surprise when I went to the US the first time and discovered nearly everyone drives an automatic. That's what culture/marketing/familiarity do to us I expect, the only time I ever sat in a friend's car that was an auto was my friend who is disabled by her rheumatoid arthritis. Though if you hire a car they will always have a choice for you when you visit :)

I love my Jazz, it goes fast, it's easy to park, it never breaks down, and I can move pinball machines in it. Plus I don't like road hogging gas guzzling high sided vehicles (I'm a biker so i hate 'manly' vehicles, usually driven badly). Maybe a Jazz is not my ideal car, but I couldn't fit Surf n Safari in a classic Jaguar!

y3uve8e2.jpg

(That's my mate undoing the head to fit it in there)

On an entirely unrelated note, how come I can insert pictures on my phone using tapatalk, but on my laptop I don't have permission to upload attachments ie pictures, and hafta instead link to them on photobucket?

Later dudes!

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
On an entirely unrelated note, how come I can insert pictures on my phone using tapatalk, but on my laptop I don't have permission to upload attachments ie pictures, and hafta instead link to them on photobucket?

Tapatalk has picture hosting, so the image is sat on their servers, same as when you do it via photobucket.
This forum doesn't allow direct upload of photos as it would cost Gord more to do so (I think). Gotta remember he's funding this on his own.

I'm a cyclist ( I do drive - with the family) so I hate pretty much all vehicles, and appreciate the bad driver comment, but a Honda Jazz. Hope you got the optional tinted glass. :D

Last edited:

karl

May 10, 2012
He, he. I am one of those really bad drivers everyone talks about. I have no business at all driving a Porsche because I drive like a tit but I have fun with it and love it dearly. In fairness I try to limit my drunken sailer style (without the alcohol of course) to the open road.

Now Baron, get off the road you damn cyclist ;)

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
automatic transmission cars are cheeper here. I cant stand them they give you more time to dick around while driving. I learned how to use a clutch on a motorcycle, a little less forgiveness if you dump the clutch and stall or pop it with some revs. :)

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
You pay around £1k - £2k extra in the UK for an auto, depending on what you're buying.
I'd guess about 80% are manuals, normally with 6speeds now. The bigger more powerful cars are starting to swing to autos, and the larger 4x4's though.

Guy I work with got an Audi S4 recently with a 7spd DSG box - very nice to drive when he let me have a quick go on the private road near work.
Bit different to the 3spd autos from 20 yrs ago.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts