I wouldn't mind seeing a Stern/Sega/Data East run

TNT

Feb 27, 2015
similar to what we saw with Gottliebs in season 2.

Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle
Big Buck Hunter/Wheel of Fortune
NASCAR/Grand Prix
Monopoly/RCT
Time Machine
TSPP

TNT

Feb 27, 2015
Hahaha......with the news coming out today looks like a rare accurate prediction for me. :)

Of course this news means so much more as this opens up a lot of the movie licenses it would seem.

Last edited:

chinzman93

Jul 1, 2013
Hahaha......with the news coming out today looks like a rare accurate prediction for me. :)

Of course this news means so much more as this opens up a lot of the movie licenses it would seem.

What news came out today? Did I miss something?

David Pannozzo

Mar 6, 2012
So 3 things, 1. is Stern going to take care of the licenses, so we won't have any Kickstarters to deal with. 2. Will this new App work with my iPad 3 and earlier. 3. Will this App also include Data East and Sega since their part of Stern Pinball.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
I believe this app will be for sam/spike stern games.

I suspect that spike games will simply have their source be recompiled, since stern has it.

Turnaround will be very quick, because FS will have access to the CAD, so they don't have to digitize the table. they will be able to directly import the layout, then tune it.

whitestar and earlier are likely to remain in TPA.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
The press release specifically mentioned it would be exclusively for "MODERN" Stern machines which would imply their current technologies. Especially with the previous releases already out there, no reason to believe it will impact any of their back catalog of machines.

TNT

Feb 27, 2015
The press release specifically mentioned it would be exclusively for "MODERN" Stern machines which would imply their current technologies. Especially with the previous releases already out there, no reason to believe it will impact any of their back catalog of machines.

I have thought this as well. Of course does "modern" mean SAM and Spike? Just Spike? Or just machines currently being manufactured?

invitro

May 4, 2012
Can you give a link to the press release? I can't find the word "modern" in the only press release I've found, at:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-officially-partners-with-farsight-studios

What I see is "FarSight will develop a new digital platform called the Stern Pinball Arcade that will feature exact virtual replicas of Stern Pinball’s hottest terrestrial pinball machines."

It seems to me that not allowing machines back through at least the early-1990's DMD DE's would be throwing money away. :)

TNT

Feb 27, 2015
They used that wording a couple of times on their Facebook page in response to some comments/questions.

invitro

May 4, 2012
They used that wording a couple of times on their Facebook page in response to some comments/questions.
Ok. I'd guess it just means post-1990 Sterns, but I don't know what exactly they said. It's not in the press release, though?

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
The Press release does not actually have modern mentioned. My mistake. However one of their representatives has multiple postings using modern on Facebook in response to questions and comments. I would think anything prior to SAM and possibly anything prior to Spike would be considered a "legacy" platform, not modern.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
anything before SAM works fine on their existing app. they cant' do SAM on it beacuse it would break compatability. so they move those to a new app that won't run on underpowered hardware. simple, no?

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
anything before SAM works fine on their existing app. they cant' do SAM on it beacuse it would break compatability. so they move those to a new app that won't run on underpowered hardware. simple, no?

Sounds about right. NO WHERE does it say that The Pinball Arcade will no longer be updated monthly. It seems people are freaking out over nothing. IMO it looks like IN ADDITION TO TPA we will have a second app that runs the sa,/spike format and modern stars will be periodically released on that app too! It's win-win!

Michael DiFilippo

Mar 26, 2012
Sounds about right. NO WHERE does it say that The Pinball Arcade will no longer be updated monthly. It seems people are freaking out over nothing. IMO it looks like IN ADDITION TO TPA we will have a second app that runs the sa,/spike format and modern stars will be periodically released on that app too! It's win-win!

It should be an addition.

"DEFINITION of 'Partnership' A partnership is a single business where two or more people share ownership. Each partner contributes to all aspects of the business, including money, property, labor or skill. In return, each partner shares in the profits and losses of the business. Both owners are equally and personally liable for the debts from the business. "

This helps FS so much.

TNT

Feb 27, 2015
Hahahaha......yeah it's fair to say a lot of folks are assuming the worst.

We love our digital pinball!

Espy

Sep 9, 2013

You just know people are going to cry foul about the "quality" of the tables now that Farsight are working on two pinball games at once, though. Mark my words.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts