I'd Buy That Table - An Unofficial Poll

Which tables would you want to buy in TPA? Select as many as you'd like

• Total voters

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
Hmmm, the comments in the FS facebook are very interesting concerning The Addams Family. Here's their post. I bolded the relevant section:

"There's currently a poll to vote for solid state Williams and Bally tables over on digitalpinballfans.com.
We invite everyone to participate.
While we can't promise to go strictly by the results of this poll, it will be used to influence which licenses we go after and prioritize our list of future releases.
Wow... so far, only 53 people have voted for Addams Family. We thought that more people liked that table.... ;)"​

Seems like they're encouraging people to vote for The Addams Family. Could that mean something?

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Seems like they're encouraging people to vote for The Addams Family. Could that mean something?

Or they're just trying to provoke people to sign up and vote for the table. I wouldn't read too much into it (I certainly didn't). It's not like FarSight needs anyone to tell them that TAF would sell well.

Steven Lucz

Oct 12, 2012
I've mainly picked Banzai Run, Getaway, BK2000, and Safe Cracker. Personally I'm for the more obscure/rare tables as opposed to the mainstreamers like TAF.

Pook Nukem

May 29, 2013
Looks like I'm in good company with the votes...

Addams Family & Indiana Jones are awesome!

If I could vote for only one table though, it's definitely High Speed II: The Getaway

I still listen to ZZ Top's 'La Grange' wishing I was playing that table.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
It's interesting that FarSight seem happy with Addam's Family being in the list, even though that's the one they get pestered about the most but just can't do even with a Kickstarter due to licensing issues; once it inevitably wins here they'll only get pestered about it all the more, as I'm sure a lot of people who came here and voted for it will assume that this means they now HAVE to make it. I'm sure FarSight knows that will happen, so I wonder if they think there's a chance that it being in something like this will apply some pressure on the reluctant license holder(s)--or I suppose the more likely explanation is they just want to see how it actually does in a vote, heck.

I'm sure that people posting about Addam's Family, Xbox, etc. at some level is just a bunch of white noise in the background. Sure they know its there but they don't concern themselves with every post.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Bobby King voted for Dr. Who? Does that mean anything? I'd be satisfied with getting the ones that Bobby voted for! :D

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
way to wrangle in the FB crowd FS how many table requests are going to pop up now because its not on the list...:( no offense Gord but this poll is pointless and should not have had TAF on it or IJ.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Hmmm, the comments in the FS facebook are very interesting concerning The Addams Family. Here's their post. I bolded the relevant section:

"There's currently a poll to vote for solid state Williams and Bally tables over on digitalpinballfans.com.
We invite everyone to participate.
While we can't promise to go strictly by the results of this poll, it will be used to influence which licenses we go after and prioritize our list of future releases.
Wow... so far, only 53 people have voted for Addams Family. We thought that more people liked that table.... ;)"​

I thought the same thing when I read that. But I doubt there is anything to it. :(

some.nerd

Dec 18, 2012
All of those choices are top notch. As usual licensed tables lead the way. World Cup Soccer '94 is my dream table next to Indiana Jones.

Nice addition. I'd hit that! ;)
Also surprised Banzai Run doesn't have more votes... is it too obscure, maybe? That vertical playfield is way too cool to pass up, and as such I end up blowing $5-10 on it every time I'm at Pinball Wizard (NH).
I'd also buy Bad Cats and Cactus Jack's in a heartbeat!

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
I have a Fish Tales - that's my one pin - but I'd still like to see it in TPA. Glad it has plenty of fans. I remember it not being that beloved when it first came out, but it has obviously grown in popularity. Justifiably so. Great game!

Fish Tales is an awesome table. I can't see that table having a huge license for FarSight to aquire.

Domine

May 29, 2013
WOW Above all I'd love to play The Getaway: High Speed II... but I'd also like to play Indiana Jones, Addams Family and Red & Ted.
I miss NBA Fastbreak on that list, that one would be my favourite!

Love that tables too, but the Flinstones, WHO dunnit, and fishtales from this list are awsome. The sounds of the Who dunnit was so brilliant. Will buy all of this tables.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
way to wrangle in the FB crowd FS how many table requests are going to pop up now because its not on the list...:( no offense Gord but this poll is pointless and should not have had TAF on it or IJ.

It's not pointless at all. There is no "winner" in this poll, and since people can select 1-30 tables, having those on there doesn't wreck anything. This is for fun... have fun with it.

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
I guess the general idea is to see roughly where tables score in comparison to Addams Family/Indiana Jones. Plus it'll give an incentive to casuals to go vote for that and whatever other tables they want, because whilst the general idea is that everyone wants The Addams Family, they don't usually say if they want any other tables too. This is a much easier way of gaging what people roughly want and comparing the costs vs the popularity of the tables.

And I'm guessing it's pick as many as you like to prevent people just voting for Indiana Jones + Addams family and ending with the same problem as before, namely that nobody knows what else they want.

Tim Thornton

Jul 26, 2012
I mainly voted for good tables that don't have very good Visual Pinball versions so Demolition Man, Judge Dredd, Junkyard, Doctor Who, High Speed 2. Tables like Fish Tales, Bram Stoker's Dracula and The Addams Family already have very playable and good looking recreations already.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts