I'd Buy That Table - An Unofficial Poll

Which tables would you want to buy in TPA? Select as many as you'd like

• Total voters

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
I wonder if TAF wasnt the most produced table would it still be as popular?

Yes, I do think TAF would be as popular even if they made only 1/4 of the machines they made. The only reason they made so many was because it was so popular. Someone would play the machine at one establishment, maybe across the city, and then they would go to their home bar/pub/arcade and demand that the business gets one so they wouldn't have to travel so far to play this great machine

Not very many can resist a soundtrack like TAF. I mean the voices and sound effects are one-of-a-kind fantastic. Then the layout of the machine is excellently designed.

Look at MB on the top IPDB 300 list. They made only 3,361 units and it's rated higher than TAF.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
Glad to see FishTales doing so well. Really hope we see this soon on TPA. I only voted for tables I've actually played for real and enjoyed.

Warraxxe

May 30, 2013
No he didn't. Read the first post... these are Williams/Bally only.

Ah, you're right. My bad..
Is there any chance of them going after some Stern tables in the near future?
And one I voted for was WHO dunnit, I'd love to see it added to TPA's collection.. or at least one with a bit of a story attached to the play through.. plenty of objectives etc. etc..:)

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I think it would be really interesting if the people that voted disclosed the tables they've bought in the past. It just seems so disheartening that from a sample of 500 pinball fans, less than 100 would buy some of these tables.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I think it would be really interesting if the people that voted disclosed the tables they've bought in the past. It just seems so disheartening that from a sample of 500 pinball fans, less than 100 would buy some of these tables.

My guess is they're lying. :)

LurkerCreep

Apr 26, 2012
Awesome poll!! Gord, here's my list of candidates for the next poll (election?):

- Lost World (Bally/1977)
- Silverball Mania (Bally/1978)
- Paragon (Bally/1979)
- Space Invaders (Bally/1979)
- Alien Poker (Williams/1980)
- Scorpion (Williams/1980)
- Blackout (Williams/1980)
- Flash Gordon (Williams/1980)
- Fathom (Bally/1981)
- Medusa (Bally/1981)
- Embryon (Bally/1981)
- Solar Fire (Williams/1981)
- Vector (Bally/1981)
- Eight Ball Deluxe (Bally/1981)
- Jungle Lord (Williams/1981)
- Barracora (Williams/1981)
- Pharaoh (Williams/1981)
- Cosmic Gunfight (Williams/1982)
- Grand Lizard (Williams/1986)
- Strange Science (Bally/1986)
- Space Station (Williams/1987)[Space Shuttle sequel]
- F-14 Tomcat (Williams/1987)
- Big Guns (Williams/1987)
- Jokerz (Williams/1988)

Yes, I realize most of these tables are rather far down past the next 30 on IPDB, but why not run this like an election and have a 'Primary' poll to determine which tables will be in the 'Election' poll. Farsight is recreating these tables for their customers, not just IPDB/Pinside members.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
Awesome poll!! Gord, here's my list of candidates for the next poll (election?):

(List)

Yes, I realize most of these tables are rather far down past the next 30 on IPDB,it's not like but why not run this like an election and have a 'Primary' poll to determine which tables will be in the 'Election' poll. Farsight is recreating these tables for their customers, not just IPDB/Pinside members.

I was thinking of making a poll about the "next 30" tables aftet the top 30. Already got the list together, and many of those you named are on there. Lots of cult classics and fan favorites there.

Not like FS is only doing the ultimately high rated tables anyway. HD and Victory don't even crack the top 300 overall.

N

netizen

Nice to see that a highly improbable table was included on each list.

TAF = Space invaders for potential licensing problems

RetroDude

Mar 24, 2012

I have purchased every table, every pro version and all of the custom skins for the balls.
(there's no way to word that last bit without it sounding ...)

I voted for every table!

Why?

Even if a table isn't one I'm overly fond of, THEY ARE A FREAKING BARGAIN!

Two different pinball machines/tables for under $10, even with the pro versions?
That I can play an unlimited number of times, for (at minimum) the next several years?

SOLD!

I think the last pack I bought was $7.99.

Rounding WAY up to $10 per pack and rounding DOWN to 28 days a month comes to less than 36 CENTS a day.
$7.99 for a 30 day month is less than 27 cents a day.

That's not a recurring cost for the same games.. it's adding two NEW games every month!

For people that are fans of pinball enough to sign up and post on this website to not be willing to spend 27 cents a day to regularly get new pinball machines to play just boggles my mind.

You must really hate a table to NOT be willing to spend such a paltry sum for them.

The table "No Good Gophers" really doesn't excite me all that much, but I bought it and still play it.
I buy all the tables, even the ones that don't make me sing and dance about them for a reason...

There are other tables in the future that I DO want!

The more profit FarSight makes, the more funding they have to purchase additional licensing, hire more developers, work on new platforms, add new features, update artwork for previous games, etc.

I'm done.
Tired of reading how freaking expensive the games are from people that list having multiple game platforms that have cost them multiple hundreds to several thousands of dollars
Peace. Out.
Shutting down reading the forums for a few days and playing The Pinball Arcade instead.

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
As Teddy Roosevelt would say - Bully, Bully for you RetroDude. Back in Teddy's day, Bully meant, Right On.

I own every table but two - TZ and HD. I will buy TZ when I reach the bottom threshold of the high scores where you can't play anymore, 25 games and counting. TZ has never been kind to me. As I have stated in another thread, TZ is the only table IRL that I never won a game on points. I love the machine's table lay-out, but it doesn't love me.

HD - Well, I disliked that table from when I first played the machine IRL. It was one machine that did nothing for me and I love Harley bikes. If FarSight would sometime put it on sale for a buck, like they did BH - Another machine I did not like IRL, I will buy HD.

I also get bothered when Google Play users pan the price of tables in the Play Store review of the TPA. Maybe it's time to re-do my Play Store review so it's closer to the top of all the reviews.

pseudokings

Jun 10, 2012
only 2 I didn't vote for are High Speed (which has wayyyy too many votes), and Mousin' Around (which as of my vote was in last) - played them both at Zapcon, and they're both train wrecks to me. Besides, HS would just be a diversion from The Getaway (which should have a bigger lead on HS than it does).

Great list overall, even if missing some no-brainers like Haunted House, Class of 1812, Hurricane, Comet, Guns N Roses (hey, if the list has Addams then nothing should be off limits due to licensing), Metallica, LOTR, and so many more.

Tables that deserve way more votes than they've got so far: Congo, Corvette, Black Rose, Indy 500 & Flintstones. Others too, but these seem to have absurdly low vote totals, as they are AAA tables.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Rosie o donnell is scaring people away being on the flintstones back glass. In all seriousness I am surprised that some tables are so low. People are always raving about that one and I do believe dredd and Johnny moronic should be way higher. The second table is a horrible movie but awesome game. I always try to promote those two games.

My biggest fear is that if people are being serious, what does that say with such low percentages on these tables. If they are not answering correctly, it is only harming the data farsight gets to help make decisions on release strategy.

Shinobi100

Apr 13, 2012
This Shinobi finally got his votes in. I voted for every licensed table, because I feel the most connection to the theme of those, EXCEPT I didn't vote for Dr. Who, because I'm not British. Indiana Jones would have to be my 1st vote, even though I'm a super fan of the Addams Family as well. I voted for a couple non-licensed tables. Cyclone and Whirlwind are just really fun and chaotic tables. I voted for Diner, because the recent mega success of things like 'Diner Dash' and 'Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives' shows that nothin feels like a bigger slice of American pie than an old diner. And I voted for WHO Dunnit, because isn't there an old saying, "Who doesn't like a good who dunnit"? Well if there ain't, there should be.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts