Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry

Jul 4, 2013
Is it ready yet?

How about now?

...now?

...now?

Not that I'm anxious or anything ;) Am I annoying yet? ;)

It boils down to how much info was already submitted to Steam. If they have everything they need, and it all looks good, and they don't need a final "go ahead" from Mike probably more towards "sooner". If any of the above are not green lights, probably more towards "later".

*takes place in PC download line* Happy Monday!!

LMA

Jun 14, 2013
Prob be another five hours yet Steam are at their desk to put it on but need Farsight to get out of bed and get to work. Steam might already have a full schedule till Friday.

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
I bet we're looking at Wednesday at the earliest for this to come out

but didnt Mike say what he is already fixed currency things and now we only wait to game opening for purchase with steam store update?

Ripley

Aug 28, 2013
I bet we're looking at Wednesday at the earliest for this to come out

But why, when everything is fixed since last friday?

Here is what Mr. Reitmeyer said:

I got the pricing fixed, but our Steam rep is in Europe (I still don't understand why), so they stopped responding to my emails about 4 hours ago. I don't have a new date or time from them yet.

Sorry about the delays. I'm quite angry myself.

Last edited:

Hef Hughner

Sep 10, 2013
But why, when everything is fixed since last friday?

Yep. That's what i thought... but then i remembered all the problems and delays (still waiting for new xbox table packs ;) ). I would love to play TPA this evening but i bet now its Steam saying "No, we will decide when your release fits in our schedule." which will probably be end of the week.

I hope i'm wrong though.

LMA

Jun 14, 2013
Most games on Steam release on Tuesday or Friday. I think the Tuesday is to fit with retail stores releases as they need Monday for the hard copies delivery. So maybe Tuesday won't count for TPA. Theirs no coming soon or anything for TPA on Steam so I assume that Valve thinks TPA is not worth any of their time proberbly the same reason why they messed it up last Friday and then went home leaving it in a mess. Personally I think The Pinball Arcade will be best seller on Steam the week it goes live.

Last edited:

Nimrod

Oct 29, 2013
Most games on Steam release on Tuesday or Friday. I think the Tuesday is to fit with retail stores releases as they need Monday for the hard copies delivery. So maybe Tuesday won't count for TPA. Theirs no coming soon or anything for TPA on Steam so I assume that Valve thinks TPA is not worth any of their time proberbly the same reason why they messed it up last Friday and then went hope leaving it in a mess. Personally I think The Pinball Arcade will be best seller on Steam the week it goes live.

I don't think the day makes any difference for digital only releases, steam release games whenever, It's only the games that are sold as retail as well as steam that come out on country-specific release days.

So there is no reason for Steam not to release the game today, but they may well release it later in the week, who can say.

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
steam dont share same region specific release dates as retail copies : for ex. Injustice retail must hit europe only at end of november, but at steam it will be released at 12th.

Nimrod

Oct 29, 2013
steam dont share same region specific release dates as retail copies : for ex. Injustice retail must hit europe only at end of november, but at steam it will be released at 12th.

Yeah the dates vary a lot, have a look at this. You can see 3 games come out on Tuesday, but the rest are on random days, so it doesn't matter so much for steam.
G2iyYxf.png

LMA

Jun 14, 2013
Not Pinball Arcade but Steam just released a new game today. Trouble is when Farsight are just arriving in their office Steam Europe will be getting ready to go home for the night. :( Only about four hours to go before that happens.

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
games on steam release not only during store update time - here are games which were launched few hours before/after that. so it looks like here are some tools in steam for this, so you only must to know how to use them/have a talk about them with steam staff.

Nimrod

Oct 29, 2013
Not Pinball Arcade but Steam just released a new game today. Trouble is when Farsight are just arriving in their office Steam Europe will be getting ready to go home for the night. :( Only about four hours to go before that happens.

But if Farsight's rep is in Europe, and they can't release the game due to the time for steam, being the time the rep goes home, then TPA will NEVER come out.

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
But if Farsight's rep is in Europe, and they can't release the game due to the time for steam, being the time the rep goes home, then TPA will NEVER come out.

i hope here no persons who think about steam launch process as something like steam dude sitting and pushing big red "Release Game" button from 9 am to 5pm? =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts