Indy 500 Twitchstream

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
It hasn't been officially set, but the twitchstream should happen Thursday the 30th at 4PM (Pacific)/7 PM (Eastern).

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
They should at least confirm something, we're still in the dark here. We only know it's coming.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I wouldn't be surprised if it was held off another week. Quite rightly they're concentrating on getting the new UI at the very least stable on all platforms it's been released on.

Chances are, FS can't easily go back to the old UI because they would need to do a lot of work to shoehorn Season 6 into it. They never planned that, they always planned to be on the new UI for Season 6 onwards, which is why they've not pulled the new UI back.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
...having said all that, FS just updated the TPA FB page and confirmed the Twitch Stream for tomorrow (Thu Jun 30) at 7pm EDT/4pm PDT (those in other parts of the world... do the math yourself)!

So there ya go.

Trackball

Jan 19, 2016
Well, I'm going to the movies at that time of day tomorrow, but oh well, we'll have the actual game to play 24 hours later.
I can live with that.

Trackball

Jan 19, 2016
What are you going too see?

I was afraid to say, for fear that some jerk would post spoilers out of spite, but...

Independence Day: Resurgence. I'm a BIG fan of the first movie--I even got the Attacker Edition Blu-Ray that came with the model of the alien dogfighting craft (Attacker).

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
I was afraid to say, for fear that some jerk would post spoilers out of spite, but...

Independence Day: Resurgence. I'm a BIG fan of the first movie--I even got the Attacker Edition Blu-Ray that came with the model of the alien dogfighting craft (Attacker).

Oh. That's the one where planet Earth explodes like Alderaan after Charlton Heston is resurrected at the end.

Actually, I know nothing about Independence Day Resurgence, so if Earth actually does explode and/or Charlton Heston is resurrected, my apologies.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
life got busy and I don't get chance to read much here these days. Last i heard Indy 500 was going to be too expensive to license. Are we now saying this table is coming to TPA? Can't find a thread relating to it?

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
life got busy and I don't get chance to read much here these days. Last i heard Indy 500 was going to be too expensive to license. Are we now saying this table is coming to TPA? Can't find a thread relating to it?

Yep, Indy 500 is coming and should be pretty soon.

Tripredacus

Sep 9, 2012
Buffalo Pinball tried to get an Indy 500 but that is just one table that is not around here. So we will be doing Monster Bash after Farsight's stream tonight.

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
It's the Indy 500 stream, but they're not even playing the table because of bugs, they said. Instead they went for Dracula.

The ball keeps getting stuck in one of the ramps. It'll be fixed by tomorrow (...I hope).

Last edited:

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
What little saw of Indy 500 looked good. As mentioned the table had a bug where one the lane splitters(?) was reversed so the ball would get stuck there. So they didn't play it much.

- S6 season pass will be unlocked for Kickstarter backers that responded to the survey - so should have Indy 500 as soon as it's released for those platforms its out for
- If you did not fill out the survey they will need to manually add you and that may take some time
- S6 season slip? "We love playing Banzai run"
- Working on KB1 release - taking the usual time to go through Microsoft approval
- Have plans for EMs
- Stern App was released on Gear VR for contractual reasons
- Sounds like Oculus might be next release
- Then consoles
- No prediction for PC release - but pointed out Stern Release saying it will be released this Fall

Sounds like they're pretty dependent upon Stern on determining when and what platforms the app will be released on.

invitro

May 4, 2012
What little saw of Indy 500 looked good. As mentioned the table had a bug where one the lane splitters(?) was reversed so the ball would get stuck there. So they didn't play it much.

Thanks for posting your notes from the Twitch. Sounds like it may be a good idea to wait for people to report on Indy 500 before buying S6.

I am getting a little conspiracy-minded about a connection between the quick Gear VR release, the maybe/maybe-not PC release, and the AC/DC Kickstarter.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Thanks for posting your notes from the Twitch. Sounds like it may be a good idea to wait for people to report on Indy 500 before buying S6.

I am getting a little conspiracy-minded about a connection between the quick Gear VR release, the maybe/maybe-not PC release, and the AC/DC Kickstarter.

"Oh hi, I'm Mr Samsung, here is some $$$$$$!"?

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012

There IS a Demo feature on the Steam version...

Anyway, should Stern decide not to release on Steam, I'd be pretty angry. PC is the only platform that I fully back; playing on a phone (heck, even using touch controls on a VR device) just isn't the same as what I'm used to. Plus, kind of free publicity on Twitch and Youtube.

Last edited:

Trackball

Jan 19, 2016
If I'm hearing--or rather, NOT hearing--this archived stream right, then they had to mute the announcers' names because they couldn't license Paul Page and Bobby Unser...

What a shame. Especially since those two men are the ones actually doing the voice work.

It's not like the names were just slapped on and didn't actually contribute anything to the gameplay, like in No Fear--something just seems WRONG about cutting out a guy's name when he gave actual voice work to a game.

Don't get me wrong, I really like No Fear, but you could take out the athletes' names and not affect the game at all, and you don't sound like you're stiffing someone out of credit.

Here? It's actually Paul Page and Bobby Unser giving their voices, AND it's their original lines--they weren't re-recorded for this version, as far as I can tell. It just seems WRONG to do that here.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.