Indy 500 Twitchstream

invitro

May 4, 2012
Here? It's actually Paul Page and Bobby Unser giving their voices, AND it's their original lines--they weren't re-recorded for this version, as far as I can tell. It just seems WRONG to do that here.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
It's a shame, sure, but it was either mute them, or not release I500 at all. I'd rather have it in TPA even with a few missing parts. (I barely played I500 so I don't know how major these guys are in the game.)

invitro

May 4, 2012
There IS a Demo feature on the Steam version...

Anyway, should Stern decide not to release on Steam, I'd be pretty angry. PC is the only platform that I fully back; playing on a phone (heck, even using touch controls on a VR device) just isn't the same as what I'm used to. Plus, kind of free publicity on Twitch and Youtube.
Aha, demo, of course. I've bought seasons at their release date almost every season except S4 so I forgot about that :).

I would be very disappointed and depressed if SPA didn't release on PC (of course). I very badly want to play the new Stern tables (all of them), actually probably a few times more than even my most-wanted WMS tables (Shadow, Corvette). But also very surprised, although I won't be too surprised if the PC release is a bit late.

What I'm wondering is if the VR companies paid Farsight/Stern to hold off on the PC release, where I'm guessing that most VR customers are primarily PC gamers. Or maybe Stern really is afraid of their tables playing "too well" on PC, and actually having a negative effect on their machine sales, as I think some people here have wondered. It's just silly conspiracy theory, though :). Not releasing on PC would be throwing money down the toilet... maybe Stern can afford that, but I can't think that Farsight could, without a huge kickback from Stern et al. Anyway, just rambling...

Trackball

Jan 19, 2016
It's a shame, sure, but it was either mute them, or not release I500 at all. I'd rather have it in TPA even with a few missing parts. (I barely played I500 so I don't know how major these guys are in the game.)

Oh, I know, I know--but as someone who does voiceover work on the side, the reason it seems wrong is that it's like they're being stiffed out of residuals...which, admittedly, voiceovers rarely have.

Then again, that would probably be something like $0.08 per game sold, and like that Seinfeld episode, that's a lot of checks for such a tiny amount.

Oh well. We have the table, and the Internet will make sure they remain known for their work on this machine.

Though I will miss Bowen Kerins' nickname for one of the features, the Turbo Bobby. "He's headed for the Turbo, Bobby!"

EDIT: Wait, watching this again, "Turbo Bobby" is STILL IN THE GAME! So is the follow-up line: "That's right, Paul--one more means a guaranteed multiball!"

I don't care that they missed that, just like "Welcome to NASCAR racing" in the PC version of No Fear--that's awesome! That's one mistake I hope they DO leave in!

Last edited:

invitro

May 4, 2012
the reason it seems wrong is that it's like they're being stiffed out of residuals...which, admittedly, voiceovers rarely have.

Well, you said "they couldn't license Paul Page and Bobby Unser", which means to me that those two guys refused the license, so I don't think they're being stiffed... :)

Mclong

Apr 22, 2016
Hey guys, I missed the twitch video yesterday but am really looking forward to Indy 500. I've never played the table but 2 other Dennis Nordman designs are in my top 20 pinball machines of all time. I know lately most of my posts have been glitches and bugs regarding the new UI but I fully support TPA and eventually SPA.

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
Just to clear up what I think is a misunderstanding for the PC release. I believe they were saying they don't know exactly when the PC version will be released. Not that it won't be released. But they did say it'll likely be after console releases. They pointed to the Stern press release which mentioned Fall for the PC release timeframe - but they have no idea when in Fall that might be.

invitro

May 4, 2012
Just to clear up what I think is a misunderstanding for the PC release. I believe they were saying they don't know exactly when the PC version will be released. Not that it won't be released. But they did say it'll likely be after console releases.
Cool, thanks!

Trackball

Jan 19, 2016
Just to clear up what I think is a misunderstanding for the PC release. I believe they were saying they don't know exactly when the PC version will be released. Not that it won't be released. But they did say it'll likely be after console releases. They pointed to the Stern press release which mentioned Fall for the PC release timeframe - but they have no idea when in Fall that might be.

...Well, darn. I was really looking forward to playing this today. I guess the left ramp problem is a lot worse than the stream made it look.

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013

...Well, darn. I was really looking forward to playing this today. I guess the left ramp problem is a lot worse than the stream made it look.

To clear up my clear up I was speaking specifically of the Stern Pinball Arcade release. Not the Indy 500 table release.

Trackball

Jan 19, 2016
To clear up my clear up I was speaking specifically of the Stern Pinball Arcade release. Not the Indy 500 table release.

Heh, well, that's a relief. I still wonder why the Steam download isn't queued up, though...

I mean, as their YouTube video showed, they HAVE fixed the left ramp problem...AND I'm happy to say that I was wrong--they DID get Paul Page and Bobby Unser to say their names!

invitro

May 4, 2012
Heh, well, that's a relief. I still wonder why the Steam download isn't queued up, though...

I mean, as their YouTube video showed, they HAVE fixed the left ramp problem...AND I'm happy to say that I was wrong--they DID get Paul Page and Bobby Unser to say their names!
It seems like it's common for a release to be as late as 8pm ET. I actually have a note that says F-14 Tomcat was released at 8:11pm ET.

Great news on the I500 announcers.

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
I just hope it comes out today, because I was really looking forward to this table. And the newsletter hint, too!

Not to mention I got absolutely nothing to do this friday evening.

Last edited:

Burdette25159

Nov 1, 2015
Is Indy 500 getting delayed on iOS?

If it gets delayed, I'll predict the next episode of Exile on Badstreet which concludes the Continental Wrestlig saga and the new "New Generation Project podcast" episode about King of the Ring 1997 will be uploaded before the iOS version of the Indy 500 comes out

invitro

May 4, 2012
My TPA in Steam just got an "Update queued" status. I'm in the middle of a WhoD game, so I can't check to see if it's I500 yet, but I thought someone might want to know :).

wolfson

May 24, 2013
everyone ,plays great.loving the table,i`m on PC.well done wales you bloody played great,i`m dreaming now ICELAND VS WALES EURO FINAL !!!!!!:cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.