Internet connection bug crashes TPA on PS3 and PS4

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012
I finally got around to dloading again..
yay.. success. on one of my ps3's. ill try the other soonish.

what I did different this time was. used a different internet provider and used an ethernet cable.

right on.

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
I finally got around to dloading again..
yay.. success. on one of my ps3's. ill try the other soonish.

what I did different this time was. used a different internet provider and used an ethernet cable.

right on.
Welcome back, glad you got one up and running again.

PBallGizard

Jan 30, 2014
Update. I played the game for hours yesterday and today with Ethernet connected. No problem at all, even though there hasn't been an update. Must have been a fix on the server side.

I started getting booted out of TPA to the PS home screen on my PS3 yesterday. It has happened five times now - every time I've played. The PS is fine and is not rebooting. My other games are fine.

Did this issue ever get officially corrected? Should I assume that it's some kind of server flub?

MarkItZeroSmoky

May 26, 2013
Issue has not been fixed for me. My old save files from multiple accounts still cause the freeze up when starting TPA as described in my previous post. ver 2.27 now. Doesnt matter if im connected to the internet or not.

ostrich2

Feb 26, 2013
I started getting booted out of TPA to the PS home screen on my PS3 yesterday. It has happened five times now - every time I've played. The PS is fine and is not rebooting. My other games are fine.

Did this issue ever get officially corrected? Should I assume that it's some kind of server flub?

The exact same thing started happening to me starting around the same time - since it seems like this was first reported back in Oct, I'm not 100% clear on whether it was supposed to have been fixed since then or not. I have no idea why it suddenly started out of the blue then either. For me, getting booted off the PSN while in-game has always been relatively common - my PSN connection often seems a bit flaky at times and it will be intermittently be lost. In the past whenever that's happened I've been able to login again both to the PSN and the leaderboards in-game. After that sometimes I'd been able to pull up the leaderboards successfully, other times not (it would just sit indefinitely when trying to load whatever board you go to), but the game itself was never affected.

What's suddenly changed is having the entire game shutdown along with that at seemingly random times - which does seem to be the original issue. So far if I refrain from logging back into PSN while in-game the game itself has been stable (i.e. doesn't crash back to PS home screen).

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
Mine started off just kicking me off PSN then it went to full on crash mode.
Emailed Farsight earlier this morning and still waiting to hear back.

Playing, well was playing on PS3.

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
Mine started off just kicking me off PSN then it went to full on crash mode.
Emailed Farsight earlier this morning and still waiting to hear back.

Playing, well was playing on PS3.

Started for me (Canada) last night on PS4, tried this afternoon on PS3 same issue. Getting knocked out of PSN. Sony says its all green on the board. Just try to load leaderboards. It will time out until you are knocked out of PSN.

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
The game isn't crashing anymore was able to play a full game but leader boards are still not running and it still kicking me off the PSN.

Glad the crashing is over. Will try again later tonight.

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
The issues should be resolved now

I just got kicked out to the XMB, PS3 north america, canada, east coast. I'm going to reboot my PS3 see if it helps.

Edit: no, still kicked out after a few minutes of play, lost connection to playstation network, viewing and posting to leaderboards will be disabled

Edit2: so if you survived the connection loss, you can actually play and when the game is over, it will connect back to PSN and then get the ticket / authorize the ticket for leaderboards. So I've improved my score on Elvira Scared Stiff a couple of times (finally got that nasty wizard goal #5 as well), however so far none of those scores are showing up on the website. The leaderboards on PS3 itself do not work yet. NOTE: the wizard goal DID register with PSN, if I go to my trophies in the menu I can see it.

Last edited:

KingCat78

Feb 2, 2015
The issue with the PS Vita leaderboards is still not fixed. The leaderboards keep displaying the "Loading..." message. I'm located in the EU.

I hope this is going to be fixed any time soon, this is already a problem for a week.

Jon

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
The issue with the PS Vita leaderboards is still not fixed. The leaderboards keep displaying the "Loading..." message. I'm located in the EU.

I hope this is going to be fixed any time soon, this is already a problem for a week.

Jon

Farsight, is currently working on it.

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
I throught I'd try again, but on PS3 the issue is still the same: no leaderboards and "PSN disconnect" after a few minutes of play.

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
Yup, couldn't even get through a game this morning.
TPA signs me out of PSN and there goes my ball while the message is up on the screen.

Done with TPA for now, it's just too annoying.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
There is a similar bug on PS4. A pop up repeatedly appears in the left hand corner saying that I have been disconnected from the internet. It doesn't interfere with the game though, so it isn't as bad.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts