Bug iOS 3.2.0 Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
This thread is for posting bugs for iOS version 3.2.0 ONLY (new bugs as well as lingering issues that haven't been fixed). If you want to post general feedback or comments, then please use THIS THREAD instead. Anything posted here that is not a bug will be moved or deleted.

When posting a bug, please use the following format:

Device/OS:

Bug Description:

Steps To Reproduce:

Frequency:

Additional Comments:

Please also remember to email any bugs you find to support@pinballarcade.com

Thank you!

Tokyo Rose

Jul 13, 2012
Device/OS: iPad2/OS7+

Bug Description: Ball often moves in a stuttering fashion and even freezes in place momentarily on occasion. It does seem to follow its intended trajectory, but makes game play very difficult at present.

Steps To Reproduce: Play a game

Frequency: Every game since downloading-aprox. 20 now.

Additional Comments: Other features seem to be working very well, but this ball issue needs some work asap. It is not occasional, and happens frequently during the game.

Interestingly, not a problem at all on my iPhone 5S.

Last edited:

9u1d0

Jan 7, 2013
Ipad air, ios7

After scoring 30,000,000 the first time the extra ball is rewarded.
When playing another game the extra ball is not rewarded anymore

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
Device/OS: ipad 3/6.1.7

Bug Description: Entering initials for Most Ships Sunk results in a new game starting then freezing on the plunger cam. Score doesn't save due to bug.

Steps To Reproduce: happened both times I sunk 4 ships

Frequency: 100%

Additional Comments:

yuriijos

Dec 26, 2012
Ball plunger does not work right. You can't adjust strength of ball plunge. Edit, the plunger does work but the positioning is off. On other games with a plunger you pull the actual plunger to where you want and release. On Black Rose, you have to touch screen further to the right of the plunger where flipper hits are sensed and then the plunger does as it is suppose to. Needs adjustment on touch screen to correspond to actual plunger. Anybody else notice this!

Last edited:

Lostboy

Oct 21, 2012
Device/OS: iPhone 4, iOS 7.0.4

Bug Description: Touch screen doesn't work at far bottom-right, for right flipper, for games with launch buttons, even though the launch button is on top.

Steps To Reproduce: Play a game with a launch button, such as T2 or Attack From Mars.

Additional Comments: This only happens on games with launch buttons, such as T2 or Attack From Mars. But games without launch buttons, such as Big Shot do not have this issue. I found that by going into the Table Menu's Options and cycling through the Button Positions, until it's back on Top, it will correct the issue for that session (but will be a problem again when launching the game later). I'm using Touch Scheme type A.

Even though the launch button is on top, the right flipper only works when touching the green area. It does nothing if I touch the red area (although that's where my thumb naturally wants to go, so it's pretty annoying).
tpa.jpg

heddhunter

Sep 29, 2012
Ball plunger does not work right. You can't adjust strength of ball plunge.

I came here to post this. This is on icade core and black rose only for me. Plunger strength adjust was fine on the other tables i checked. Ipad air, ios 7.0.4

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
Ball plunger does not work right. You can't adjust strength of ball plunge. Edit, the plunger does work but the positioning is off. On other games with a plunger you pull the actual plunger to where you want and release. On Black Rose, you have to touch screen further to the right of the plunger where flipper hits are sensed and then the plunger does as it is suppose to. Needs adjustment on touch screen to correspond to actual plunger. Anybody else notice this!

Regarding the touch area this is something you control by adjusting the size and shape of the contact areas from the table settings menu.

Stormchild

Jun 24, 2012
Device/OS: ipad 3/6.1.7

Bug Description: Entering initials for Most Ships Sunk results in a new game starting then freezing on the plunger cam. Score doesn't save due to bug.

Steps To Reproduce: happened both times I sunk 4 ships

Additional Comments:

I've been burned by this one several times now. Really pissing me off. Done playing BR until this crap is fixed.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Device/OS: iPad 3 32gb gsm, ios 7.0.4

Bug Description: Game no longer suspends in memory, restarts each to,e.

Steps To Reproduce: Start game on any table. Press home button. Open up TPA again, game opens with initial title/credits screen before going to main menu.

Frequency: 100% of the time.

Additional Comments: Don't recall it happening at all with previous versions, and doesn't happen with the same version on my 4S. Frustrating when you can't even close the magnetic cover because when you open it back up, your progress will be gone!

Stuart Webster

Apr 24, 2013
Device/OS: iPad 3 32gb gsm, ios 7.0.4

Bug Description: Game no longer suspends in memory, restarts each to,e.

Steps To Reproduce: Start game on any table. Press home button. Open up TPA again, game opens with initial title/credits screen before going to main menu.

Frequency: 100% of the time.

Additional Comments: Don't recall it happening at all with previous versions, and doesn't happen with the same version on my 4S. Frustrating when you can't even close the magnetic cover because when you open it back up, your progress will be gone!

I'm not getting this. Do you have other apps running? You can check by double-tapping the home button.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
None at all. Even after a hard restart, if I open up TPA, start a game then go back to the iOS dashboard, it'll restart again.

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
I've also had that happen. Only fix in have for wanting to suspend a game is closing the Smart Cover on my iPad Air.

Of course there's a lot of stability issues I'd like to see addressed with iOS 7 generally!

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
My apologies, I suspect it's more of a wide-ranging issue with iOS7 itself than TPA... basically none of my apps will task-switch and there are a number of "discussions" on Apple's site about the problem. Some complain about it on their 4S (where mine is fine) as well as all other devices, including the iPad 3.

As you were, Stuart ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts