iOS 7.1 has been released.

Stuart Webster

Apr 24, 2013
They did mention improving performance on the iPhone 4; they probably just listed the lowest supported device.

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1732 said:
iOS 7.1

This update contains improvements and bug fixes, including:

CarPlay
iOS experience designed for the car
Simply connect your iPhone to a CarPlay enabled vehicle
Supports Phone, Music, Maps, Messages, and 3rd-party audio apps
Control with Siri and the car's touchscreen, knobs, and buttons
Siri
Manually control when Siri listens by holding down the home button while you speak and releasing it when you're done as an alternative to letting Siri automatically notice when you stop talking
New, more natural sounding male and female voices for Mandarin Chinese, UK English, Australian English, and Japanese
iTunes Radio
Search field above Featured Stations to easily create stations based on your favorite artist or song
Buy albums with the tap of a button from Now Playing
Subscribe to iTunes Match on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to enjoy iTunes Radio ad-free
Calendar
Option to display events in month view
Country specific holidays automatically added for many countries
Accessibility
Bold font option now includes the keyboard, calculator, and many icon glyphs
Reduce Motion option now includes Weather, Messages, and multitasking UI animations
New options to display button shapes, darken app colors, and reduce white point
New Camera setting to automatically enable HDR for iPhone 5s
iCloud Keychain support in additional countries
FaceTime call notifications are automatically cleared when you answer a call on another device
Fixes a bug that could occasionally cause a home screen crash
Improves Touch ID fingerprint recognition
Improved performance for iPhone 4
Fixes display of Mail unread badge for numbers greater than 10,000
Continued user interface refinements

Chris Dunman

Apr 11, 2012
There was a 'fix' mentioned in another thread Stuart. This was a Farsight response via Facebook to a forum member. Can we assume that this will still be applied upon the next update as and when?

Stuart Webster

Apr 24, 2013
We optimized our usage of the GPU and that resulted in better performance on our lower-end devices (iPhone 3GS and iPad 1) as well as resolved the stuttering on mid-range devices (iPhone 4S, iPad 2, iPad Mini). These optimizations will be in the next major release scheduled sometime this month.

pezpunk

Jul 29, 2012
i'm getting "network connection timed out" over and over, each time after it spins or 10 minutes or so. anyone else? there's absolutely nothing wrong with my internet connection....

canuck

Nov 28, 2012
i'm getting "network connection timed out" over and over, each time after it spins or 10 minutes or so. anyone else? there's absolutely nothing wrong with my internet connection....

To be fair, there are probably hundreds of millions trying to upgrade. :D

night

May 18, 2012
Yeah! No more stuttering on the iPad2. The only table that still stutters is Black Hole, but this has been the case since iOS6, so I hope that the upcomming TPA update will finally solve that.

Terminator

Feb 8, 2014
Yeah! No more stuttering on the iPad2. The only table that still stutters is Black Hole, but this has been the case since iOS6, so I hope that the upcomming TPA update will finally solve that.

You see... I was right, iOS was broken. So it wasn't a FS issue then.

night

May 18, 2012
You see... I was right, iOS was broken. So it wasn't a FS issue then.

It was, and is, a FS issue, as the problems started on almost all of their tables after the TPA update. It is great that the new iOS version took care of it, but I still have a stuttering BH for about 1,5/2 years now..

Feb 19, 2014
Whose going to be the crash test dummy and try it out?
The IOS 7.1 on a iPhone 4S.

Do it. Definite improvement for ios7.

Unless you are still on iOS6, in which case do not.

If you made the mistake many of of did and got ios7, then DEFINITELY upgrade to this. It runs nicer on my iPhone 4S, almost as smooth as 6. Web-browsing, swapping between apps is much faster. They also darkened the color pallette, meaning it looks more like ioS6 and less like the neon/bright pink and lime green look of 7...

It's an improvement for sure, but still not as classy and perfect as ios6.

I still miss 6 so much. And it is kinda shocking that 7 has worse performance when it's graphically worse in every way. For example, notifications used to turn the top screen into a "polygon"... it was such a neat effect... now it's a simple drop down white notification... yet runs worse? It's almost like IOS7 was designed to just make the 4 and 4S run slower, forcing people to upgrade...

checked prices on 64 gig 5S phones... 349 contract 849 off contract... lmao gtf outta here apple...

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts