iOS 8

Stuart Webster

Apr 24, 2013
Has anyone been brave enough to download and install iOS 8 and try out the Pinball Arcade on yet?

I'm waiting until my iPhone 6 arrives on Friday as it will have iOS 8 pre-installed.

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
Yes, it would be nice to get some feedback from users brave enough to update to iOS 8. It would be helpful if you include the device you're using to run TPA. I have a bunch of devices to update but I'm not doing it anytime soon. That being said, my iPhone 5 will be the first to be updated since I seldom play TPA on it. I prefer the iPads for TPA.

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
What new features are people upgrading for?

I'm in no rush myself.
Same here, and especially not today. Servers are being hammered, just like last year (and the year before). I'll wait until the dust settles before even attempting to update...if I do. Maybe I'll be another iOS holdout, just like last year. My iPad 3 is still on iOS 6.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I have an ipad3 and iPhone 4s. I'm not going to update the 4s, but may do the iPad after I hear how others make out. Or maybe it makes sense to sit on iOS 7 on everything, and enjoy 8 when I buy a new iPad.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
They always seem to have bugs or security issues after the initial release. I will wait a few weeks for the first update to fix all the issues that come up.

PerryD

Apr 23, 2013
TPA crashes hard on my iPad4 (MD511LL) running iOS8. It's unusable (TPA, not iOS8).

Perry

Has anyone been brave enough to download and install iOS 8 and try out the Pinball Arcade on yet?

I'm waiting until my iPhone 6 arrives on Friday as it will have iOS 8 pre-installed.

DExcel

Aug 9, 2014
Ipad mini AND iPhone 5s upgraded yesterday "hey siri" it's a cool feature, but must be connected to the power. Other than that it's no big deal.

TPA works just fine in both, no crashes or issues.... Yet

Edit: btw, ios8 works great on 5s, on ipad mini it's a bit slower on the double click for task management

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Looking at reviews and comparison shots, this looks essentially like iOS 7.1 ...was really hoping for something better cosmetically at least. iOS 7 was a step back from 6 in that department, IMO. Also, from a user's perspectives the new "features" seem pretty minuscule.

Last edited:

milhouse6

Sep 28, 2012
+1 re: seems playback is even smoother HOWEVER it crashes on completion of every game on all tables tried so far. Kicks out to home screen. Playable as long as I quit each table just before it tries to reset itself.

iPad3 LTE 16G, iOS8.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts