Bug iOS v3.9.0 #1 Bugs

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Iphone4
Latest os
Diner
2 out of 2

Extra ball standard goal doesn't award when getting 6m replay score.
Can't remember a release where all the goals awarded correctly :(

This is probably set up that way on purpose, you have to earn it via the 100k Cash Register shot. This awarded me the goal in any case. If you would get it through the 6M replay score, it wouldn't be much of a goal anyway....

Pod

Aug 10, 2012
This is probably set up that way on purpose, you have to earn it via the 100k Cash Register shot. This awarded me the goal in any case. If you would get it through the 6M replay score, it wouldn't be much of a goal anyway....

I doubt that.
History isn't on their side as there are other similar goals on other tables that had the same issue of not awarding 100% but still occasionally awarded. It's also only a standard goal. It's not meant to be tricky
If it was deliberate it should say so in the goal.

I will try the cash register one anyway but at the moment the performance on my iPhone 4 is appalling. THe ball chugs really badly near the flippers. Ive seen it on other tables occasionally and put it down to the fact an i4 is quite old but Diner is much worse. It's not even a DMD game.
Only reason I haven't bugged it yet is that I'm giving them the beift of the doubt and will try a clean install first.

Pod

Pod

Aug 10, 2012
Iphone4
Latest os
Diner
2 out of 2

Extra ball standard goal doesn't award when getting 6m replay score.
Can't remember a release where all the goals awarded correctly :(

Can confirm that it awards via cash register as mentioned below. If intentional then goal description should be adjusted.

Pod

Aug 10, 2012
iPhone 4
iOS 7.1.2
Diner

Performance on diner is really poor. Ball jerks quite often when near the flippers
Iphone4 performance has been dropping recently, potentially due to more complex iOS versions, but diner stands out as being much worse. It's also a dmd game so I assume it's got less to do on that end.
I tried a factory restore and clean install but it made no difference
I always play in airplane mode

Pod

P.s since ball is just rolling down inlane when it jerks I wonder if it's loading sfx in the background or something?

Pod

Aug 10, 2012
Iphone4
iOS 7.1.2
Menus
80%

On return to app after using other apps the game will often reset back to the title screen (fair enough) but will often just play the music on a black screen forever.
Rotating to landscape and back sometimes fixes this but not always
It also appears that sometimes menu items can be pressed but no sound is made (done this once)

This has been there for over a year btw

Pod

night

May 18, 2012
Iphone4
iOS 7.1.2
Menus
80%

On return to app after using other apps the game will often reset back to the title screen (fair enough) but will often just play the music on a black screen forever.
Rotating to landscape and back sometimes fixes this but not always
It also appears that sometimes menu items can be pressed but no sound is made (done this once)

This has been there for over a year btw

Pod

But the iPhone 4 has a single core Apple A4 processor, that's a bit dated.. Hey, I complain if stuff don't work that well on my iPad2 so I feel your pain.

Pod

Aug 10, 2012
Yeah. I've mentioned before that I know its old hardware and I will upgrade it eventually. My point is more that diner seems to stand out compared to other more complicated (at least on the surface) tables so it might be something specific which can be tweaked/optimised.

Pod

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
In addition to the extra ball standard goal not awarding in Diner I've also scored the number 1 skill shot and not had that award.

iPad Air running iOS 7.1.2

Seems to be the norm that at least one goal doesn't register properly with new releases...

Colin

FarSight Employee
Aug 1, 2014
What's weird is that it was in the right place in the previous beta. The clock in Landscape mode needed to be tweaked, which they did, but in the process messed up the Portrait clock.
You may be thinking of the v3.9.1 beta. It has a few differences compared to the v3.9.0 just released. ;)

Pod

Aug 10, 2012
But the iPhone 4 has a single core Apple A4 processor, that's a bit dated.. Hey, I complain if stuff don't work that well on my iPad2 so I feel your pain.

Further to this. TPA runs much better on my iPad gen1 which also has the a4 running at the same clock speed. The iPad has double the memory mind so adds weight to the theory that the ip4 might be liaising/caching something at the time of the hitches.
The iPad is also stuck on os5 so again could be OS related.
Any one got any tips for improving performance. Maybe Theres some options in the is I don't know about that I can play with?

Lostboy

Oct 21, 2012
I just noticed that on Victory if you pull the plunger back just enough for the ball to barely make it, the view screen does not change out of the plunger screen, so you can't use the flippers.

Pod

Aug 10, 2012
iPhone 4
iOS 7.1.2

TOTAN
95%

The skill shot switches aren't detecting the ball passing through them. As such skill shot doesn't award or fail correctly.
Seems to be most prevalent with the far most switch.

Pod

Aug 10, 2012
iphone 4
ios 7.1.2

Attack from mars
5%

Getting multiple balls in the stroke of luck hole during multiball causes them to collide against each other and occasionally exit the scoop at odd angles

Pod

Aug 10, 2012
iphone 4
ios 7.1.2

Attack from mars
5%

Balls hit quite hard can go straight through the stroke of luck hole and out the other side (or sideways into the saucer area

Pod

Aug 10, 2012
iphone 4
ios 7.1.2
Menus
5%

After repeated quit and restarts the quit game confirm button will double quit you all the way back to the select table menu instead of just back to the start game menu.

This has been there for over a year and is very annoying. Please fix some of these long standing issues! Pretty please!

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
iphone 4
ios 7.1.2

Attack from mars
5%

Balls hit quite hard can go straight through the stroke of luck hole and out the other side (or sideways into the saucer area

This will happen sometimes on all tables with scoops like that, off the top of my head-MM, WW, and a few others. T2 I think too

Pod

Aug 10, 2012
This will happen sometimes on all tables with scoops like that, off the top of my head-MM, WW, and a few others. T2 I think too

Yeah. Still worth reporting I guess to make sure they know them all.
I wonder if there's any plans to add improved collision detection for more advanced hardware. I know they've said they'd do it eventually when the average user spec was high enough but I wonder if it could be added as a tick box if they detect your hardware is powerful enough.

Pod

Aug 10, 2012
Iphone4
iOS 7.1.2
HRC but also others

100%

Ball cannot be plunged straight after it's released from the ball trough. You need to wait until it's fully settled.
I think this is new. As I don't recall having to wait so long before.
There's also an issue on most tables where if you soft plunge so the ball returns back and then pull back the plunger before the ball comes to rest then when you release the ball doesn't move.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts