iOS Version 1.2.10 Discussion And Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
I like the work that's been done with Whirlwind. Obvious that the person who did the scanning/modelling for it also worked on Funhouse... they're both easily the best looking tables, IMO. At least, on iOS.

Need to get that look on everything!

Animator_pin_fan

Mar 4, 2012
I usually play with locked camera, but I thought I would try and play both of the new tables to see what the scrolling and event cameras were like-
On WW, when the ball goes to the upper playfield and the camera zooms in, for some reason it tilts down so you actually see less than if it just scrolled up.

I don't play with scrolling camera often, but I don't see why the added tilt down on the camera is there? the scrolling actually hinders your ability to play. Anyhow, I'd use scrolling a bit more often if they'd actually optimise these views a bit more, as just a little camera shift would help make the tables feel less flat perspective wise.

I'd love to see a subtle overhead parallax camera view, where the table geometry shifted perspective favoring where the ball is rolling- it would give players a more a natural view, almost like when you move your head above a real machine.

Last edited:

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
It's done by the same team who did FunHouse. Same style, good quality.
I wonder if they can get the same team to go through each of the tables on iOS and update them to the same level. I can't recall if any of the other tables look as good as those two... I don't think so. Unless that team/person isn't there anymore, I think they were both done as part of WPHoF and not TPA.

night

May 18, 2012
I wonder if they can get the same team to go through each of the tables on iOS and update them to the same level. I can't recall if any of the other tables look as good as those two... I don't think so. Unless that team/person isn't there anymore, I think they were both done as part of WPHoF and not TPA.

Yeah, old glory. Very unlikely FarSight will update their table graphics. But the real pain are in some of them, so it's not that they have to redo dozens of tables. The last 2 table packs are excellent.

Father Time

Apr 21, 2013
Is it just me or does it seem like the ball sometimes clip trough the jumprope in TCP?

Several tines it seems like the jump rope hits the ball moves it up and then the ball just drops like it clips through the meal bar/ jump rope. I got an ios version playing

Aside from that I like the table.

Last edited:

canuck

Nov 28, 2012
Yes! I noticed that bug. The 'rope' sometimes passes right through the ball.

Also had an instance of the ball zipping right through the back left side of the table, through the 3d mesh and onto the floor. :D

Tokyo Rose

Jul 13, 2012
Have seen both of the above bugs as well. Hope FS can get it patched up soon, as this is fast becoming my favorite release this year. :D

As well (and having never played either in real life), on WW, is it proper for the ball to just sit in place on the spinning whirlwind spots for a few seconds or so and then roll off? Seems logical that it shouldn't, but I've had that happen nearly every game -especially on the farthest right spot. Because I'm uncertain, I'll wait for feedback from other members before making a bug report.

Last edited:

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Yes! I noticed that bug. The 'rope' sometimes passes right through the ball.

Also had an instance of the ball zipping right through the back left side of the table, through the 3d mesh and onto the floor. :D

This is fairly common and it's a bug I have only ever seen on Cirqus Voltaire.

Funny thing is it happened the first time I ever played. It's only happened once since then.

Dumpstar

Apr 17, 2012
Have seen both of the above bugs as well. Hope FS can get it patched up soon, as this is fast becoming my favorite release this year. :D

As well (and having never played either in real life), on WW, is it proper for the ball to just sit in place on the spinning whirlwind spots for a few seconds or so and then roll off? Seems logical that it shouldn't, but I've had that happen nearly every game -especially on the farthest right spot. Because I'm uncertain, I'll wait for feedback from other members before making a bug report.

That happens to me every game as well. Only if I pull it straight back from the plunger so I avoid the skill shot, I do this especially when you have just locked a ball and can get the million point ramp shot very easily.

heddhunter

Sep 29, 2012

That's how a real Whirlwind plays.

Tokyo Rose

Jul 13, 2012
Thanks, heddhunter, that's good to hear then. I originally thought they were supposed to alter the course of the rolling ball somewhat rather than 'catching' it.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I've never seen one catch it. I believe they plan on adjusting it.
Some Whirlwinds can, especially if the playfield is dirty or otherwise playing slow. On a fast Whirlwind, the ball has enough speed that the discs just make the ball veer, rather than catching and throwing it.

nintendosteve

Dec 1, 2012
I am constantly being logged out of PA almost every time I come back to play it. It's also not restoring remote saved games and the Facebook intergration is slow and does not seem to link up very well. Running on iPad 3 with current update. Anyone else having these issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts