iOS Version 1.2.4 Feedback and Disscussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

canuck

Nov 28, 2012
Well, so far I have updated TZ and ST:TNG: they both play much smoother, gamma has been adjusted on both, perhaps some better shadows. NICE! MM is updating now.

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
Nice update. Re downloaded things I needed to redownload first which was nice and speedy - that music change to the "Hall of Fame Theme" they introduced a couple of updates past is a welcome hint.

Both new tables play well. I didn't encounter any bugs (probably because I didn't manage good enough games to trigger the ones I've seen which look to be goal-related). Still looking forward to scripting tweaks in Black Knight and Cirqus Voltaire Highwire ball-lock bugs getting addressed, so it's nearly all the way there for me.

Only issue I noted was that after buying the new table pack my kickstarter rewards moved to the "Unpurchased Tables" section, but a log out and log in was all that was required to fix that. Minor, but probably worth reporting as a bug.

haj

Sep 28, 2012
hmm.. accessing to the server every time game ends is too much. Why not only local top 5 score is renewed or some achivements are done.

night

May 18, 2012
Try to figure out the changes in my fav table FunHouse. Did Rudy get a haircut?
TZ physics seem smoother, is it me?
While downloading I was kind of hoping for a graphics update for TZ, of course I was just kidding myself.

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
It looks as if the crashing after device sleep has also been fixed in this update...at least according to my limited testing between yesterday and today. Nice work guys!

EDIT: Well I thought it was...it hasn't crashed to the Springboard yet but at least on one table (CV), it resumes but then is stuck in an irrecoverable loop at the table flyover with no visible buttons...will test some more.

Still waiting for the CV table bug fixes though...

Last edited:

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
Also new is the Manage Tables option (from the main options menu). You can use this to see the table version number, the table size and tapping on a table will give you the option to delete it from the device. Very nice! Thanks FarSight!!!

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I wonder how they decide on the wizard goals? I've already finished them on Firepower, but I can't come close to finishing Genie.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
So it looks like dr dude on iOS has a higher polygonal detail at the expense of resolution. Not a fan of the trade off tbh.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
/pessimism.

Actually all the updated boards have higher polygons, that have been updated. And the new lighting effects REALLY improve the experience. Also the bigger dmd makes a HUGE difference. Overall, fanstastic and a worthy trade off for the slightly lower resolution. Good work.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
What did they update on madness? The music still plays over top of itself when it's not supposed to, and the gap in the flippers looks worse

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
I've yet to play the updated TZ without "the barrier"...I have enough trouble with this table already so I hope the change doesn't sour my view of the table even more. Yes, I do realize it's now more "authentic".

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I've yet to play the updated TZ without "the barrier"...I have enough trouble with this table already so I hope the change doesn't sour my view of the table even more. Yes, I do realize it's now more "authentic".
It's actually not so bad. The table seems to be tuned to not throw the ball through the gap where the barrier was (and from there straight to the left outlane) very often, at least compared to a real TZ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.