iOS Version 1.2.4 Feedback and Disscussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinbot

Aug 12, 2012
Also new is the Manage Tables option (from the main options menu). You can use this to see the table version number, the table size and tapping on a table will give you the option to delete it from the device. Very nice! Thanks FarSight!!!

Ya, i like that. The new tables are awesome. Great update. A few tweaks on some older tables, fix the ipad1 black hole graphic problem and change out those main screen icon buttons and it's a 6 out of 5.

DJWhoDunnit

Dec 23, 2012
funhouse is much smoother on iPod gen4, muuuuch smoother, I can actually play a decent game without constan fear of. crahing as it had been of late...CB and RBION still unplayable, shame too because these are two of the most intriguing tables to me

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
It's actually not so bad. The table seems to be tuned to not throw the ball through the gap where the barrier was (and from there straight to the left outlane) very often, at least compared to a real TZ.
I tried a few games last night and the table seemed to be about the same, if only a little bit harder. More game time is needed...but it's still a butt kicker.

Stormchild

Jun 24, 2012
I gotta say…Dr. Dude sucks. The TPA execution is fine (mostly); it's just a lame table. Ugly graphics, terrible theme, super annoying voices (I have to play it with the sound off; can't stand that idiotic "gift of gab" line), and just plain bad design. I really tried to give it a chance, but it's just not fun at all. Not sure why they decided to do that one with so many other great tables still waiting to be converted.

Firepower is alright. Good to have in there for historical reasons (first with multiball and lane change).

I too would like to see release notes when previous tables get updated. I can't see what changed in any of them, and despite the FunHouse update, they still haven't fixed the display bug they introduced a few versions ago (where text on the alphanumeric display that's supposed to blink just disappears).

Last edited:

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I gotta say…Dr. Dude sucks. The TPA execution is fine (mostly); it's just a lame table. Ugly graphics, terrible theme, super annoying voices (I have to play it with the sound off; can't stand that idiotic "gift of gab" line), and just plain bad design. I really tried to give it a chance, but it's just not fun at all.

Ok, I thought I was the only one. I'm trying to like it, but it's just not clicking with me. I thought it must be me and I'm just not getting it. It's as if they designed this great "mixer" toy and built a machine around it, not knowing what to do beyond. This is the total opposite of "Ritchie flow".

inspector42

May 27, 2012
I like how different Dr. Dude is. It's not like anything on TPA, so I appreciate a different take on pinball. Not my favorite, but a refreshing change of pace.

R

Rhandos

Really appreciate all the updated tables. Great update!

Detailed changelogs for tables would be great.

haj

Sep 28, 2012
I like Dr. Dude except ball sometimes goes too fast and killer outlanes. Maybe because I'm not native English speaker..

RSPinball

Feb 18, 2013
This is the first version where I have encountered a difficulty restoring all of the prior tables. All were working last week, but now with the upgrade, 6 of them will not download the paid version, and it instead brings me to the purchase options screen for the tables that I already purchased. I used to have this problem because of the free vs purchased version, but I consolidated a while ago and it has worked fine through several upgrades until this one.
Emails to support get returned as undeliverable. Fortunately there are enough other tables, including the new Dr. Dude one, that are working fine, so it is not a crisis.

Ross

Kmitchell

Jul 27, 2012
I've come across a bug in DD that causes the camera to lock focus once a ball enters the mixmaster during multiball. The focus will stay locked on the mixmaster until you can launch another ball up into it. (I managed to do this by randomly bashing at the flippers.)

ipad v1

**edit - sorry - wrong thread. My bad **

Last edited:

pinbot

Aug 12, 2012
Agree, the long Dr. Dude 'gift of gab' line is annoying. other than that i don't mind it's zaniness. Most importantly the 2 new table run and look great on my ipad1.

Suggestion:
Configure menus so that most used menu buttons end up on far left and right of screen and in bottom half close to thumbs in both landscape and portrait (ex. 'new table' on left, 'my tables' on right) so that when holding with both hands they are easily accessible without having to reach towards the middle. not a big complaint but it would make it more enjoyable and be an easy fix.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.