Bug iOS Version 1.2.7 Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
Device/OS: ipad2 iOS 6.1

Bug Description: No music after a game on White Water during the attract sequence. Sometimes the music plays but cuts out when viewing the high score list.

Steps To Reproduce: Play White Water and after a game leave it in attract mode for a minute or so.

Frequency: 100% sometimes there is no music, sometimes it just cuts out.

Last edited:

pezpunk

Jul 29, 2012
I sort of caused this problem. I brought up the subject of moving the button near the end of the last beta test. The FS team put in the change just before the submission deadline. This left little to no time to test it properly. They were just trying to give us what we asked for. I should have brought the issue up earlier in the beta session. The FS team could have told me it will have to wait for the next beta, but they went out of their way to put in a last minute change. Please don't hammer them for trying to make a better product. This error certainly wasn't intentional.

while i acknowledge that the intentions were good, this is a huge red flag regarding their development process. no peice of code should EVER escape before its been tested locally by the developer, peer reviewed, deployed to a test server, and tested by QA at a bare minimum.

i mean, of course they just wanted to get a new feature in. but if, say, a bus driver ran a red light and plowed into some cars, the fact that he was just trying to get his passengers to their destinations quicker is hardly much of an excuse. like the red light, the development process (be it agile or spiral or waterfall or whatever) is there for a reason, and should be adhered to even when it's inconvenient.

i apologize, i know this bug has been beat to death. it's just frustrating when professional pet peeves leak over into my favorite form of entertainment! :)

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
while i acknowledge that the intentions were good, this is a huge red flag regarding their development process. no peice of code should EVER escape before its been tested locally by the developer, peer reviewed, deployed to a test server, and tested by QA at a bare minimum.

i mean, of course they just wanted to get a new feature in. but if, say, a bus driver ran a red light and plowed into some cars, the fact that he was just trying to get his passengers to their destinations quicker is hardly much of an excuse. like the red light, the development process (be it agile or spiral or waterfall or whatever) is there for a reason, and should be adhered to even when it's inconvenient.

i apologize, i know this bug has been beat to death. it's just frustrating when professional pet peeves leak over into my favorite form of entertainment! :)

It was Stuart's first update (he's the new iOS dev), so cut him some slack. He learned from his mistake, and he's interacting with the testers and polishing the iOS version in a way that Farsight has never done before. This upcoming update reflects that.

Last edited:

pezpunk

Jul 29, 2012
It was Stuart's first update (he's the new iOS dev), so cut him some slack. He learned from his mistake, and he's interacting with the testers and polishing the iOS version in a way that Farsight has never done before. This upcoming update reflects that.

good to hear.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012

Great to hear!!!

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
Device/OS: ipad2 6.1

Bug Description: On the first ball of CV I was awarded neon multiball from the sideshow. The camera zoomed out to plunger view and the flippers didn't work.

Steps To Reproduce: Get neon multiball from the sideshow.

Frequency: No idea, but it happened on the first ball.

Additional Comments: A year after release this table is still a mess...

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Device/OS: ipad2 6.1

Bug Description: On the first ball of CV I was awarded neon multiball from the sideshow. The camera zoomed out to plunger view and the flippers didn't work.

Steps To Reproduce: Get neon multiball from the sideshow.

Frequency: No idea, but it happened on the first ball.

Additional Comments: A year after release this table is still a mess...
Turn the Event Camera off and a lot of the screwiness in Cirqus Voltaire should stop, or at least be greatly reduced. I've been able to play consecutive complete games of CV without major issue with the Event Camera off.

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
Turn the Event Camera off and a lot of the screwiness in Cirqus Voltaire should stop, or at least be greatly reduced. I've been able to play consecutive complete games of CV without major issue with the Event Camera off.

I've just checked and the event cam was off by default, this doesn't affect the plunger cam though (as it shouldn't). It seems to me that the majority of CV problems are caused by the plunger cam.

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
Hmmm. I wonder why it works for me then.

I wonder if it's the difference in our iPad's. As a second generation iPad user I've never experienced the "deadhead loop" on SS, but this bug seems prominent among iPad3 users. I just get black on the animated topper on WW but apparently this is sorted on the iPad3.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
I wonder if it's the difference in our iPad's. As a second generation iPad user I've never experienced the "deadhead loop" on SS, but this bug seems prominent among iPad3 users. I just get black on the animated topper on WW but apparently this is sorted on the iPad3.

I get the "deadhead loop" on iPad 3, iPad 2 and iPad Mini.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
It's also there on ipad 4. Played it today.

Yep. Me too. When I had an iPad2, I used to be able to complete the Stiff-O-Meter the first time through no problem. I haven't since I got the iPad4 due to that frikkin' loop.

Eric White

Apr 29, 2013
My game is crashing about once a week now to the point that I have to uninstall/reinstall TBA. Is this a common thing for everyone and is there something that I need to be doing differently?

The camera pushing into weird angles, the ball launch buttons disappear and the tables become unplayable.

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
My game is crashing about once a week now to the point that I have to uninstall/reinstall TBA. Is this a common thing for everyone and is there something that I need to be doing differently?

The camera pushing into weird angles, the ball launch buttons disappear and the tables become unplayable.
i think it was funhouse after the game ends and i want to play again i had a few episodes of the start button disappearing and i am stuck on the attract mode screen. However i never had to reinstall the entire APP i simply close out the app and restart it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts