Bug iOS Version 1.2.7 Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wizened

Jun 10, 2012
Mine breaks to the point that NONE of the tables work I have have to completely re install it. Really stinks. :(

Have you tried closing it by going to the home screen and THEN double clicking the home button? If you do that you'll see the icon in the bottom "tray". Press and hold until it "squiggles". Then it will get an x in the corner which you push.
That will force quit the app completely. Then re-open the app from the home page and report back here. There's NO reason you should have to reinstall every time.
(This may be elementary to most, but I've found 3 IOS users in the last month that did not know the function. And I'm talking long time users.)

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I usually just do a "four finger swipe up" instead of the "home button double click". I figure, the less I mess with physical buttons, the less likely I'll break anything.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I usually just do a "four finger swipe up" instead of the "home button double click". I figure, the less I mess with physical buttons, the less likely I'll break anything.

Same here. I never use the home button.

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
I use the Assistive Touch panel (Settings>General>Accessibility>AssistiveTouch) which floats a virtual button on-screen. You can use the button (pressing it brings up a menu panel) to mimic all physical hardware buttons on the iDevice along with some other useful shortcuts. I started using it after my iPhone 4's power/lock button went "bad" all on it's own and I had to pay $150 for a replacement iPhone, one month out of warranty. Seems now this issue is becoming quite common as there's a class action lawsuit against Apple regarding this.

It does work well but requires some additional touches to do what you want. One caveat is that to wake up the iDevice, you still need to press a physical button (power/lock or home).

Last edited:

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
I use the Assistive Touch panel (Settings>General>Accessibility>AssistiveTouch) which floats a virtual button on-screen. You can use the button (pressing it brings up a menu panel) to mimic all physical hardware buttons on the iDevice along with some other useful shortcuts. I started using it after my iPhone 4's power/lock button went "bad" all on it's own and I had to pay $150 for a replacement iPhone, one month out of warranty. Seems now this issue is becoming quite common as there's a class action lawsuit against Apple regarding this.

It does work well but requires some additional touches to do what you want. One caveat is that to wake up the iDevice, you still need to press a physical button (power/lock or home).

I know this is off the topic of TPA but the iPhone 4 home button issue is well known. A very easy fix to this common problem is a good cleaning with alcohol. Just google "iphone 4 home button alcohol" and you'll see a bunch of tutorials and youtube videos on the subject.

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
i never knew this method i always used the double home method.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I also use the "five finger pinch" to close apps instead of clicking the home button.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts