Bug iOS Version 1.2.8 Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I am the big idiot that had seen a mention of crashing issues and thought nothing of it to download it. Damn long days at work taking their toll on my brain. Now no pinball until the next update for me.

Bride of Trolls

Jul 29, 2012
This is an all time low, even for FarSight. You get kind of used to the buggy tables but not even being able to open the app?
No, not an all time low, this is business as usual, nothing new with this update.
It seems farsight prefer counting the money from cheated custumers instead of
doing their work for the money they already have taken!

This is the 3rd time tkat this app is not usable for many player:

1) MM and BoP not playable with IOS 4, app crashes completely
2) Star Treck update not playable with IOS 4, crahes completely
3) And Today again

And remember this:

http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/3936-TPA-The-greatest-Bug-in-app-store-!!

Not even one word from farsight about that.

You should be lucky that i life in France, from europe it is to expensive
to take lawyer and go to court and start a lawsuit, but i really hope
that someday an american custumer will do it !!!!

night

May 18, 2012
This is exactly the reason why I payed without any hesitation €30+ for ASK Homework's Zaccaria Gold pack but will not buy TPA's €30+ table packs: lack of customer support. If bugs or issues arises you are out of luck.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Yeah crashes on launch on both my iPad1 & iPad3 both are on 5.1.1. I guess iPad1 owners won't be able to enjoy TPA on their devices anymore, as 5.1.1 was the last version the iPad1 supported :(

kendickson

Dec 10, 2012
Yup, on my iPad 4, the HUD in FunHouse (and Bride of Pinbot) shows the second row of the display twice. No first row. So, you can't see your score during the game and you can't enter your name at the end. Nice.

Rodricula

Mar 20, 2013
@Farsight :

That is NOT a good customer service.

For all the IPAD1 Users, they only can go to IOS 5.11.

you should Test your new Versions for functionallity with that unit too.

Many customers like me, have these Units in use and they can expect that your quallity ensurance have tested this before release!!

I have paid all Tables that you have released, and now, it's totally unuseable unless you fix that release!!

And if you plan these IOS Versions not to support any longer, than post it in your change log!

Wizened

Jun 10, 2012
Go into Table Options, and set Show Nudge Zones: On.

This can happen if you have not yet set a touch scheme for a table. Go into Table Options, and choose any touch scheme other than the one currently displayed. Resume play, then go back into Table Options and set the touch scheme to the one you actually want.

Thank you!

Mk pinball fan

Jul 11, 2012
An update for 5.1.1 users has been sent to Apple according to Facebook! Hopefully they will approve it quickly! Thanks for working through the night Farsight and correcting this problem so quickly!

Last edited:

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
Device : ipad mini
iOS 6.1.3
version 1.2.8

this is not a biggie. When you finish playing centaur and after you return to attract mode the music does not play until you restart the game or exit table and start over.

I have not experienced any other bugs reported in this thread.

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
Velly intellesting! I noticed that diagonal nudges tilted Genie with one touch earlier today but was waiting until the flurry of new posts slowed down to report it... but now I tried CP and Genie and they're just fine, keeping in mind that diagonal nudges are more severe than single-axis nudges.

Chris, have you changed your nudge scheme from A to something else, played a bit, and then changed it back? I did notice some strange "nudgeness" happening (and other people have reported a partially dead flipper zone) until I did that.

Nope, just tried all the schemes again in CP and still tilt on first touch in that second zone only. All other zones work fine. Genie works fine for me with all zones.

canuck

Nov 28, 2012
The lesson is, update to the latest iOS. :eek:

I'm on ipad 3 latest iOS .... Zero issues. Well done FS.

Soon ios7 will be out, it seem some of you guys will be left in the cold. :rolleyes:

ND3G

Feb 25, 2012
I have an iphone 4, iOS 6.1.3 (latest version) and in my limited testing when I try to start Centaur, Pin*Bot or Space Shuttle the game continues panning over the table and the game never actually starts. All the other tables I have tried seem to work normally.

EDIT: After closing and reopening the app it appears to be working now.

Last edited:

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
And for those complaining about poor customer support, know that one of the FarSight coders worked through the night to diagnose the issue, and fix it.

heddhunter

Sep 29, 2012
iPad1 can only be upgraded to 5.1.1, which crashes instantly every time.

This is an all time low, even for FarSight. You get kind of used to the buggy tables but not even being able to open the app? I guess it will take an additional week for them to get it through Apple-approval, or what do you think?

A developer can request an expedited review. For a reasonably high-profile game like this, they will likely grant it. Apple doesn't want people being angry and leaving one star reviews for a whole week. (They granted me an expedited review when one of my apps had a nasty crash bug in it, and my app is nothing - maybe a few dozen users.)

An expedited review takes a few hours. Apple can move fast when they want to!

LukeT

Jan 22, 2013
Device/OS:iPad 4/iOs 6.1.3

Bug Description: Button in Star Trek table activating the action zone under it (right flipper or tilt).

Steps To Reproduce:Start a game in Star Trek, adjust type of touch zones and position of button and the game works right. Leave the application and restart again, when you start a new game, the button will register the action of the zone under it (flipper or tilt according to position of the button), for example in my case, When I press the button it register as a flipper too, the ball is released and the selection I made to start it (warp 4) changes to another (lock) because the filpper is activated with the button. The way to correct this is to change the button position before the start of any new game, but the bug will occur again when you come back, so you need to do this always before starting a new game.

Frequency: always

Canadian365

Jun 26, 2012
All tables crash App when selected on itouch 4th Gen IOS 6.1.3 using FS 1.2.8 update. When selecting any table after the update the App screen goes black then crashes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts