iOS Version 1.2.9 Discussion And Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

heddhunter

Sep 29, 2012
It sounds like that with decent quality headphones. The ipad doesn't do bass too well. ;)

I'm using decent headphones right now, the difference between tpa and that YouTube video is night and day. Pinbot in the Williams PHoF on my PS3 sounds much better as well.

pezpunk

Jul 29, 2012
Talking of Sound... I have never heard a real Centaur, but from the videos I saw, the TPA one is pitched up somehow i.e. running too fast (44.1 vs 48 kHz?)

my Black Hole has a potentiometer in the backbox that controls the speed and pitch of the speech. maybe Centaur has the same thing, and they just have theirs set a little higher. seems likely since they are both talking games from '81 (granted one is bally and the other is gottlieb)

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Yeah TPA needs a sound overhaul. Whoever is responsible for the sound isn't doing a very good job. Pinbot sounds incredible in that youtube vid! And the mechanical sounds are lacking on the newer tables... new sound would do wonders for the game. I do think the EM's sound good though.

Also there needs to be some revamps on older tables. Black Knight and Gorgar need rom emulation (goes without saying, and it's in the works) and out of older releases, I feel Theatre of Magic and Cirqus Voiltaire need updated, badly. Theatre you can tell has not been touched in a LONG time, and Cirqus' problems are well documented...

Jay

May 19, 2012
I might be a little slow on this, but when did Black Knight get its Magna-Save buttons moved back to the top of the screen? They're useless there. And there are no options to move them anywhere else.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I might be a little slow on this, but when did Black Knight get its Magna-Save buttons moved back to the top of the screen? They're useless there. And there are no options to move them anywhere else.
Go into Table Options, scroll all the way to the bottom, and select Special Button Position. There are 21 different options for vertical positioning.

Patrick

May 21, 2012
A small question, perhaps at the wrong place, but when will Circus Voltaire be debugged? I have stopped playing it (When the master ejects the ball in the lock ramp, you know that the game is over...)

Jay

May 19, 2012
Go into Table Options, scroll all the way to the bottom, and select Special Button Position. There are 21 different options for vertical positioning.

Thanks! That's a welcome addition. I looked in the Options but somehow never scrolled down that far. The menu is a bit wonky; the Button Position choice was vanishing after every tap. I had to scroll up and down the menu each time to bring it back (on my iPad 3, latest iOS).

Stuart Webster

Apr 24, 2013
Thanks! That's a welcome addition. I looked in the Options but somehow never scrolled down that far. The menu is a bit wonky; the Button Position choice was vanishing after every tap. I had to scroll up and down the menu each time to bring it back (on my iPad 3, latest iOS).

Yeah, it tends to be very sensitive to the slightest movement when performing a touch. :/

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
A small question, perhaps at the wrong place, but when will Circus Voltaire be debugged? I have stopped playing it (When the master ejects the ball in the lock ramp, you know that the game is over...)

I'm wondering about this, and when Gorgar and Black Knight will be rom emulated. I mistakenly bought them both last month assuming the patch was coming. Also Theatre of Magic and Monster Bash seem to have really old, 'floaty' ball physics code. Especially Theatre. These are still two of the best pinball machines in the entire collection, so I really hope they show them some love.

Also, is Medieval Madness' huge flipper gap, is that like, ever going to get addressed? Or is that just how it's supposed to be? I've only had brief time with a real life MM and it was all jacked up (modded and didn't play right at all).

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Also, is Medieval Madness' huge flipper gap, is that like, ever going to get addressed? Or is that just how it's supposed to be? I've only had brief time with a real life MM and it was all jacked up (modded and didn't play right at all).
The flipper gap should have been addressed on all platforms except the 360.

Even if it's not, the collision meshes for the flippers are in the right place, so you can flip at balls that look like they're going to just miss the flipper and they will "hit air" and be propelled upwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts