Bug iOS Version 2.7.0 Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gear323

Aug 27, 2013
Device: iPad mini and iPad 4
Table: T2 V2

Bug Description:If you are holding the left or right flipper, you can't shoot the cannon. This happens mostly when you are going for super jackpot and have balls in play or held on the flippers.

Confirmed on both iPad and on android with the gun controls on the top right of the screen. If you move the gun controls to the bottom it works just fine. Did not try moving it to any spots in between.

Steps To Reproduce: Place gun trigger on top. Load cannon, hold a flipper and try to shoot cannon. It won't work,

Frequency:100% of the time

Last edited:

pinbot

Aug 12, 2012
Device/OS: ipad. Ios5.1.1

Bug Description: gorgar crashes the app at some point. Sometimes at the end of game or at beginning after "me gorgar", sometimes in the middle.

Steps To Reproduce: start gorgar/ play 3 balls

Frequency: 100%

Additional Comments: tried removing all versions of gorgar and reinstalling, didn't help

Last edited:

jbejarano

Jul 6, 2012
On further examination of the Goin' Nuts bug that I posted earlier, the bug is a little different than what I'd first observed. Instead of the single target near the middle-right flipper not working, and it being impossible to light the upper-right rollunder, it turns out that the targets for lighting the rollunders are reversed. In the instructions, it says that the left and right targets in the upper-right should light the upper-left rollunder, and the middle upper-right target and the single target near the middle-right flipper should light the upper-right rollunder. In reality, it seems that it is exactly the reverse of that. The left and right targets in the upper-right end up lighting the upper-right rollunder, and the middle upper-right target and the single target near the middle-right flipper light the upper-left rollunder. Sorry if that sounds confusing, but this is the actual nature of this bug upon further observation. Thanks to those who helped try to confirm this. I've added this edit to the original post in both threads.

Last edited:

del

Jun 29, 2013
Device/OS: iphone 4s 6.1

Bug Description: Since the update, my "Launch Ball" button on Attack from Mars no longer activates "Smart Bomb" during video mode or "Martian Bomb" during Martian attack

Steps To Reproduce: Get video mode, push launch ball button. Get martian attack with a martian bomb, push launch ball button

Frequency: Every time!

This has always worked until I updated recently

Thanks

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
Device/OS: iphone 4s 6.1

Bug Description: Since the update, my "Launch Ball" button on Attack from Mars no longer activates "Smart Bomb" during video mode or "Martian Bomb" during Martian attack

Steps To Reproduce: Get video mode, push launch ball button. Get martian attack with a martian bomb, push launch ball button

Frequency: Every time!

This has always worked until I updated recently

Thanks
Apparently all tables that utilize the launch button during gameplay are broken.

canuck

Nov 28, 2012
Apparently all tables that utilize the launch button during gameplay are broken.

2ntjc.jpg

R

Rhandos

Not sure if it's a bug, but when updating tables, the app often keeps several versions of the table on my device, for example The Champion Pub (v2), (v3) and (v4), Gorgar (v5) and (v6), and Whirlwind (v2), (v3) and (v4).

Can I just delete the old versions or does the game need access to all of them?

iPhone 4S, iOs 6.1.3

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
You can safely delete previous versions of the table on your device. In fact, TPA will only use the newest table version on the device and ignore previous table versions. In the past, I did some testing with older versions of tables that I deliberately put on the device (by using iFunBox) to try and pinpoint some specific table issues. The app always checks the table version number and if it's not current, it will download it (I've never tested what would happen if I were NOT online).

I'm not sure why your TPA is hanging on to these older table versions...regardless, you can safely delete them.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Indeed. That crazy stutter is still present on the iPad 4...sadly, it's starting to look as if this is one of those obscure bugs that never gets resolved. :confused:

Is this happening for you guys only when you have scrolling enabled?

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
Is this happening for you guys only when you have scrolling enabled?
Scrolling enabled or disabled, it's still noticeable. You can still see the stuttering even in when using the locked camera. If you have the plunge camera set to camera 2, you can still see the stutter as the camera pans from that view to the table view after launching the ball. I believe it's always present, just much more noticeable when playing with an unlocked camera which scrolls around quite a bit making it very visible.

This has got to be one of the oddest issues since it affects only the iPad 4 and only Whirlwind. Ipad 3 is smooth as silk with all the exact same settings...it almost seems as if it's some sort of timing issue since the iPad 4 is roughly twice the speed of the iPad 3. Theoretically, there should be zero stutter on the iPad 4 since the iPad 3 has none at all.

Thinking back to my earlier PC gaming days, it almost seems the same as the old "sync framerate to screen refresh" issues which were so prevalent in the 3D accelerated games like Quake/Quake II/etc.

Last edited:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Scrolling enabled or disabled, it's still noticeable. You can still see the stuttering even in when using the locked camera. If you have the plunge camera set to camera 2, you can still see the stutter as the camera pans from that view to the table view after launching the ball. I believe it's always present, just much more noticeable when playing with an unlocked camera which scrolls around quite a bit making it very visible.

This has got to be one of the oddest issues since it affects only the iPad 4 and only Whirlwind. Ipad 3 is smooth as silk with all the exact same settings...it almost seems as if it's some sort of timing issue since the iPad 4 is roughly twice the speed of the iPad 3. Theoretically, there should be zero stutter on the iPad 4 since the iPad 3 has none at all.

Thinking back to my earlier PC gaming days, it almost seems like the old "sync framerate to screen refresh" issues which was so prevalent in the 3D accelerated games like Quake/Quake II/etc.

I'll take a closer look at Whirlwind later tonight and let Stuart know if I find anything odd.

clembo2021

Apr 3, 2013
MadScience, I have an iPad 4 and I've put ~8 hours into Whirlwind and have yet to see a single frame of stutter. I'm kinda over the table for now because of the bad plunger that allows for easy multiballs, but I still play it from time to time with no stuttering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.