iOS Version 2.9.0 Discussion and Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

gooche77

Jul 30, 2012
Didn't see another thread. Have at it lads!

Mod Edit: This is now the official 2.9.0 discussion thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

heddhunter

Sep 29, 2012
Victory is amazing, I don't think I've ever seen one of these in real life ever. Nice surprise!

Class of 1812 is terrible. Maybe I'll like it better with the sound off.

Eegah

May 12, 2013
But seriously between this and Zen's Star Wars tables dropping on iOS this is gonna be a busy weekend.

Vyrastas

Mar 26, 2013
Never played these pins in real life, so enjoying the new tables... Victory is very fun.

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
This month's table pack...man, I'm thinking, oh boy, here's Victory again. I absolutely hated that table on the PSP (Pinball Hall Of Fame). Something about it just rubbed me the wrong way. Ok, the other table, Class of 1812. I knew nothing of it and did zero research as to what it was about. Going just by the name, I'm thinking some sophomoric, "school days" of the past...how can something about school and education in the 1800's possibly make for a pinball table, and a good one at that?

I usually just buy the tables, without even playing them. This time, I'd check out the demos first instead, then make a logical and educated buying decision...

WTH!!! Boy, was I wrong about Class of 1812. It's a riot, and even themed for the upcoming Holiday (if you want to call it that). And Victory...why did I hate it so much back then when I was playing the PSP?

This months table pack is looking to be one of the better ones released in a while, at least in my opinion. And yes, I did buy the table pack (Pro). ;)

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Wow, that was fast!! Didnt expect it today!! Farsight is firing on all cinlinders to pump this out so fast.

I saw a video of Victory on the Gottlieb collection, and it just made me want to put a bullet through my head. It was an hour long of some guy shooting the same shot.

However this version seems vastly improved and it's from the same guy who designed CFTBL. I've only played briefly but I really like it, my initial impression is positive.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
-edit- I was drunk when I posted this. Everything is way better when you're drunk.

Last edited:

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
This month's table pack...man, I'm thinking, oh boy, here's Victory again. I absolutely hated that table on the PSP (Pinball Hall Of Fame). Something about it just rubbed me the wrong way. Ok, the other table, Class of 1812. I knew nothing of it and did zero research as to what it was about. Going just by the name, I'm thinking some sophomoric, "school days" of the past...how can something about school and education in the 1800's possibly make for a pinball table, and a good one at that?

I usually just buy the tables, without even playing them. This time, I'd check out the demos first instead, then make a logical and educated buying decision...

WTH!!! Boy, was I wrong about Class of 1812. It's a riot, and even themed for the upcoming Holiday (if you want to call it that). And Victory...why did I hate it so much back then when I was playing the PSP?

This months table pack is looking to be one of the better ones released in a while, at least in my opinion. And yes, I did buy the table pack (Pro). ;)

I agree with this hardcore. 1812 is awesome. I like how both 1812 and Victory are just straight up, no nonsense fun. Just easy to understand easy to get into and very enjoyable.

I think you hated Victory on PSP because the ball moving so slow in that game, made a fast table play in slow motion basically. I never played the Gottlieb Collection but judging from YouTube I was like, thinking this is the worst table ever. Quite the contrary! I think it's a fantastic design, super fun, and it just goes to show how far Farsight has come since the Gottlieb collection.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
+1

This blows the Gottlieb Collection version out of the water. Good work, Farisght.

Eegah

May 12, 2013
Looks like 750M for 1k HoF on 1812, 450M for Victory. Both of those are gonna be a while, yikes.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Victory

Can we get a closer Landscape Cam 1? There's dead-space both above and below the playfield.

I can understand that not every angle will appeal to everybody, thus the choices, but I'm not talking angles. FarSight, please know this. The table can NEVER be too big. If you can give up dead-space in favor of a closer camera, please do so. After 38 tables, I thought this was figured out.

Edit: Now that I look at it, there's dead-space on all cameras both Portrait and Landscape.

Last edited:

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
Can we get a closer Landscape Cam 1?
Agreed 100%. Camera 1 is too high...and camera 4 is too low. Camera 1 is usually the one I use but on both Victory and Class of 1812, these camera angles deviate too far from the norm.

Also on Tee'd Off, using scrolling camera 1...when the ball is at the upper-left part of the table, the left-side targets get chopped off.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Ehh I'm really worried these past few packs just aren't selling.

I always go to the in app purchases and see what's selling. This so far has a worse opening than Haunted House/Teed Off, which didnt stay in the list very long as it was.

It's not hard to see that fans are responding to the the lower quality release packs by simply not buying them. The only table pack in recent memory that is still charting is Whirlwind and Champion Pub.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.