iOS Version 2.9.0 Discussion and Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agujose

Aug 10, 2012
Greetings .
What it has surprised me these last two tables, and not for good , apart from the odd camera angles , poor proportions , graphic quality is poor compared to all the previous tables .

I hope corrigan this issue because stop buying the PS Vita versions precisely because of the low quality graphics of the tables.
So far the quality graphics of all tables ios was spectacular , I do not know what happened to these last two .

On the tables chosen each month , say I live in Spain , and some tables I have not ever seen , but I for good tables that are extracting . Obviously there are tables famous we all hope , but as , hopefully taking five years follow tables every month.

Well I hope that they get an update to correct these defects. If lack of time , please remove that take more in the sale, but they get it in condition .

Regarding the graphic quality of the Zen pinball tables , I agree they are spectacular compared to pinball arcade , that if the balls physics and imaginary boards not convince me . Anyway as I love pinball , I have all the tables for Zen Pinball and arcade

night

May 18, 2012
Greetings .
What it has surprised me these last two tables, and not for good , apart from the odd camera angles , poor proportions , graphic quality is poor compared to all the previous tables .

I hope corrigan this issue because stop buying the PS Vita versions precisely because of the low quality graphics of the tables.
So far the quality graphics of all tables ios was spectacular , I do not know what happened to these last two .

On the tables chosen each month , say I live in Spain , and some tables I have not ever seen , but I for good tables that are extracting . Obviously there are tables famous we all hope , but as , hopefully taking five years follow tables every month.

Well I hope that they get an update to correct these defects. If lack of time , please remove that take more in the sale, but they get it in condition .

Regarding the graphic quality of the Zen pinball tables , I agree they are spectacular compared to pinball arcade , that if the balls physics and imaginary boards not convince me . Anyway as I love pinball , I have all the tables for Zen Pinball and arcade

Greetings Agujose.

Don't forget Cactus Canyon, which has dreadful graphics as well (blurry low-res textures and hideous colors/bad chrome texturing and 3D work). Looking at the style of artwork, I think I am not far from the truth that table pack 19 was done by the same graphics disaster-team who did CC. If these tables where for free I would be the last person complaining, but charging €4,49 for such low quality work is underestimating the intelligence of your customers imho. And on top of the low-res texture mapping, bad colors and missing elements, there is a complete lack(!) of even the slightest quality environmental lighting. Dull, muddy, flat. Victory, flat. My Amiga did better in the 80ties. Yesterday I was playing Pin-Bot and Space Shuttle, these tables have excellent backed-in texture maps with great environmental lighting fx, the team who did these tables know what they where doing, they 'understand' graphics. FunHouse is a classic example of good quality artwork. AFM, nice job, HH eyecandy, Centaur (wow), the good old TOM of course, all prime examples of how things should be. How hard can it be to keep this consistency?

As experience tells me that little to nothing of all of this graphic horror will change in the upcoming pack 19 update, I think it's best to flush pack 19 through a virtual toilet and looking forward for pack 20. I really was looking forward to Class of 1812, such a pity, and for the programmers who did these tables as well, I'll bet they did their job well and nothing to blame them for.

TheOsp

Dec 22, 2012
Class of 1812 looks like such fun but holy **** the random kills off the sides and straight down the middle (from the top of the screen, but just slightly angled so the pin doesn't save it) are BRUTAL.
Totally unplayable. I average 5 restarts before getting the ball on my flippers and actually doing something with it.

:(

Agujose

Aug 10, 2012
And I say, is there no way to get these comments to Farshight, and anyone of them explain the reason for the poor quality of these two tables?

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
Class of 1812 looks like such fun but holy **** the random kills off the sides and straight down the middle (from the top of the screen, but just slightly angled so the pin doesn't save it) are BRUTAL.
Totally unplayable. I average 5 restarts before getting the ball on my flippers and actually doing something with it.

:(

There hasn't been a good release in some time. Maybe White Water. I compare Class of 1812 to Dr. Dude. Maybe I am just getting bored with TPA, but the last 8-10 tables I can barely pay attention or stay motivated to try and master. Though I will say this pack is slightly better than the previous, Victory is kinda fun for a game here and there.

Björn Wessman

Sep 4, 2012
Gotta say I'm very didappointed with this release. Graphics are the worst of any table pack so far, the cameras are way too zoomed out on both tables and how the crap could that tiny ball bug in Victory slip through? Rubbish. T2 is the only exception to the downward spiral of season two. If things doesn't shape up A LOT for the next table pack, I'll be out. Not gonna pay another dollar for this kind of half-assed work.

Last edited:

canuck

Nov 28, 2012
These comments have about covered it. The tables are ok, 1812 is fun horror/comedy theme. The racing one is boring after the race is completed.
Enough with the Gottlieb, bring on the high profile tables. ;)

Mechanix77

Banned
Aug 31, 2013
people seem to forget this is a pinball collection not a williams fanboy club.

+1.

I'm not a fan of Gottlieb tables, by any means, but this kind of variety is the reason why I get to play certain tables that I've never played before. I was thrilled when they announced "Haunted House", and am even more thrilled to finally play "Class of 1812".

Cannot wait.

Vyrastas

Mar 26, 2013
I'm happy to get recreations of any tables... I have a greater appreciation for EMs and pre-DMD games now because of TPA.

I like Victory, but it does get a bit tedious after you win a race. Rinse and repeat...

The theme of Class of 1812 is completely bizarre to me... is it based on anything, or just trying to copy EatPM or something?

inspector42

May 27, 2012
In agreement with those that think the addition of Gottlieb tables is a good thing, if nothing else than for the variety it provides. TPA has helped me fall in love with Bally/Williams tables. While I'm not loving any Gottliebs, my pinball life is better because I have experienced and understood them.

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
The variety is good, I just can't get interested in the Gottlieb tables after having tried them. Tee'd Off probably had the most play, but even then the number of games is barely in the double digits. It just wasn't my cup of tea for some reason.

Dumpstar

Apr 17, 2012
Not sure what it is about Victory, but the more I play it, the more I like this table. Maybe because you have to move the ball around the table to finish the race. Plus the music is pretty addictive. Class of 1812 not matter what just is a terrible table except for the chicken.

Thnikkaman

Sep 28, 2012
Perhaps my tastes are different, but as much as I love the classic Bally/Williams tables, I actually love Haunted House, Black Hole, and Genie every bit as much. Of the 4 launch tables, Black Hole is the only one I find myself coming back to, and Haunted House is an amazing table IMO. No multiball, but three playfields is unbelievable. The reverse lower playfield is the main reason I keep coming back to those two. I do tend to agree that Victory and 1812 aren't exactly my cup of tea, but they are an interesting diversion nonetheless.

Playing a real Black Hole or HH is on my list of things to do before I die, actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.