Bug is this a hardware or a software error?

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
apologies if this is in the wrong place, if it should be filed under iOS or under TOTAN, i simply do not know if i am looking at a hardware or a software problem.

this is a video i took of my ipad air playing TOTAN

it's not done it before today, but it does it 'both ways up' so i know it's not the bottom left corner of the ipad - or i assume not. i've been playing this table continuously for days and days now, trying to get a bigger score, and i admit it, if the first ball doesn't cut the mustard, i abort and restart it.

anyone got a diagnosis and some advice for me?
anyone else experienced it?

in case you can't see the video, what happens is this: i click the top right pause button and click on Quit, and the screen just stays in flicker mode, half way between the two button option on the table start screen (Game Setup, where you choose how many players, and Back, or Exit Table) while making an annoying noise.

thanks all

Stuart Webster

Apr 24, 2013
Does the issue go away when you put five+ fingers on the screen? If so, it's a software issue. Sometimes the engine thinks there's a touch when there really isn't and it causes a similar phenomenon.

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
wowser, a response from Farsight is way better than i could have hoped for, thanks Stuart. also good to hear that you recognise a similar phenomenon from the software, and even better news that it isn't a fault with my ipad, as it cost an arm and a leg.

in the last half hour since i posted, i tried to delete and reinstall the table, and discovered that of course being TOTAN, there is no table to reload - presumably the kernel of the program itself is wrapped around this table, or something, in computer speak. however, under 'manage tables' i also found the option to reinstall all purchases, so i tried that, and it hasn't happened since. if it comes back, i'll try the five+ finger test you mention.

love your product btw. i have a garage full of pins (see my signature) but i'm playing them less these days as TPA gets better and better. it's no substitute for the real thing, but it makes a fantastic alternative and lets me play on tables i may never come across in real life, or if i do, they'll be most likely broken down.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts