It's All Your Fault FARSIGHT

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I forgot the star post I took off were AMBER not RED:p here are the colors I have RED-AMBER-ORANGE-YELLOW-GREEN I might get some blue ones.
RED
IMG_4534.jpg

AMBER
IMG_4518.jpg

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I tried hooking it up to the slingshot so it would FLASH and it did,...then BOTH slingshots stopped working? :( and the right gate and chamber coil. The game still plays well, but not right and it bugs me.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Have you fixed it? one of my slingshots stopped working the other day after a little cleaning, it was one pair of switch contacts were already touching, just pulled them back apart slightly and bingo.

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
Are the LEDs still connected? If so, you probably burned the LEDs out and it's shorting out the coils. Or if they're already removed, enough damage was done that the fuse or something else blew.

You see, those coils typically have higher voltage applied to them - the lamps are usually 6.3V, while the coils usually are somewhere around 12-18V for the hold coils and up to 50V for the power coil. Unless you picked the right resistor, you most likely burned out the LED into a short. Given other coils aren't working, I think you ended up blowing the fuse to those coils. But you may have blew out a driver transistor as well...

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
My table has flashers for the slingshots in the nearby inlane/outlane guide, aren't they all like that? I assumed he had connected to the relevant flasher circuit not actually to a solenoid. Any update SS?

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
The LED is fine and can be hooked up to 20v its either a fuse or transistor now I just got to figure out wich one:p

smooverr

Oct 28, 2012
The colour changers look pretty bad a$$! Are you working on the slings today?

Lol now your thread is making me not want to attempt any mods :p I have a ton of reading to do....sigh..

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I found a blown fuse a 2A 250V 313 now just got to get a new one or a few.:) I found the wire coming from the special coil circuit, found the plug it was in and followed the circuit board to the fuse it was the first one I checked:p but I checked them all to be sure.

Last edited:

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I found a blown fuse a 2A 250V 313 now just got to get a new one or a few.:) I found the wire coming from the special coil circuit, found the plug it was in and followed the circuit board to the fuse it was the first one I checked:p but I checked them all to be sure.

Do you know why it blew? How had you wired the star post LEDs? To a flasher circuit or to a solenoid directly?

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I tried GI, FLASH then the coil. Maybe my polarity was crossed? it was working and it was super bright. Im at a cross do I want them only to flash or always on, although the GI under the slings flash off when slings are hit. I had an idea to tie into the game-when you become invincible the center red flash lights up, I was thinking maybe tap that one for slings so its like a shield effect :p

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
20V may not be high enough, especially for slingshot coils which may demand the full +50V. Naturally, the LED will try to bring that down to 20V and a LOT of current flows. The fact that it glowed really bright was the evidence needed. If you want a quick and dirty fix, wire up two more 20V LEDs in series and it should be fine, just dim.

Leave it as it was and if the fuse didn't blow, the slingshots would be noticeably weaker because of the current the LED is taking is drawing power away from the coil.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
I put a NEW fuse in and it works:D I wouldnt run just one post light off the coil as there are 3 under the slingshot plastic. I'll email cointaker and see what they say. I also have a flash bulb that is triggerd by the sling shot and the GI under go out when it flashes so i could have it light the post when it flashes that side or on the other side although when its in atract mode that would be backwards. Coils fire power both ways Id have to have a diode and a resistor.

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
Don't need a diode - the diode for the coil is a protective device to protect the transistors (when they switch the coil off, the coil generates a big voltage spike. The diode prevents it from going through the transistor and destroying it). Besides, a LED *IS* a diode.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Played a couple games this morning before I started to tear it down, only took about an hour going slow its just easy to tear down.
IMG_4541_zps26a06864.jpg

Keep your bits in order.
IMG_4542_zps3c784d51.jpg

Lay it out like it on something soft oriented as found on the playfield.
IMG_4543_zps58548c0b.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts